just started ripped with hiit.. dont think i can hang

erin1621

Cathlete
I love how intense these workouts are but feeling a little in over my head. Do you think I would be better off starting with xtrain or something and working my way up to this?

I personally find that Xtrain is about as intense as RWH, if not more so! If you wish to work your way up to RWH, I would suggest the ICE series and go through the various rotations that build in intensity (levels 1-3), and then do the ICE with RWH rotation (on page 12 of the ICE user's guide). From there you would probably be ready to do RWH on it's own with no problem.
Here's a link to the ICE user's guide which has the rotations laid out: http://cathe.com/ICE-Users-Guide.pdf

Good luck, Erin1621! Hope you enjoy whichever series you chose. You can always modify with lighter weights. Gradual building while having fun is always the best way to go! :)

I love how intense these workouts are but feeling a little in over my head. Do you think I would be better off starting with xtrain or something and working my way up to this?

Do you already own xtrain? I would start with that. If not, I would just do rwh for as long as you can each day. When I am making a comeback from not working out for months, I just pick a workout and stick it out as long as I can, so I may only make it 10 min. into a cardio routine. Then guess what, after a week or so, I am able to go longer. As for the weights, start light and progress. You will get there. That being said, rwh is tough and I was not able to do it as a long rotation. So, maybe alternate rwh with something else.

I too would recommend X Train. I did not find it nearly as intense as Ripped With HIIT, and I just loved the music. That being said, I am very glad I own RWH, as I intend to tackle it again once I finish my Coloma River Run 10k next month. Also, I just admitted to myself that I need to lower to 1 riser for Lower Body Circuit, and now can do that workout.

I just wanted to add that the first time I tried the 30-day Getting Started with RWH rotation, I quit on day 20. I knew I was getting tired, but wanted to push through. Unfortunately, found myself too fatigued to finish the warm up, so gave up! Went back to my other workouts, tried harder, returned to RWH, lowered my riser, and finished it! Just find another way...

I remember when I tried RWH rotation I too had to stop because it was hard I was tired AND I got a stomach flu for three days after I stopped RWH. I don't know if I was tired because I was getting sick or if I got the sickness because my immunity was so low from the stress the workouts put in you.
Either way I have not tried any of those again. I do intend to. I did do the strain rotation and I loved it! I admit I didn't get to do every rep in tabatasize that was a killer workout but I did try and I only got to the third one.
So now what I am doing is ICE and I am in need of weight loss so I can stop my feet from hurting doing the jumping. Yea my poor feet are crying for me to stop eating so much lol
I am planing on doing what the above suggested, ICE then ICE/Xtrain then I will do RWH mixed with ICE then RWH alone. I don't know if I will ever make it but I am working towards it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am planing on doing what the above suggested, ICE then ICE/Xtrain then I will do RWH mixed with ICE then RWH alone. I don't know if I will ever make it but I am working towards it

This is the rotation that I am doing also. I am in week 2 of ICE and then will start ICE/Xtrain and the ICE/RWH. I still need to complete my RWH set. I am finding ICE a good intro to getting back into exercising.

I attempted a month of RWH and by the third week I was exhausted!! I think RHW is tough! I like the idea of the progression from ICE to RWH. Not sure I can do the 3 month ICE progression, my workout ADHD and impatience to move on will probably take over!

I attempted a month of RWH and by the third week I was exhausted!! I think RHW is tough! I like the idea of the progression from ICE to RWH. Not sure I can do the 3 month ICE progression, my workout ADHD and impatience to move on will probably take over!

I understand ! I want to be able to do the blast but still have not progressed there still! Ugh

I found your checkin Renee. I did MMA Kickboxing, and my lower body. I lost my heart rate monitor but my boyfriend Frank is buying me one from Ebay. I am getting the same one as I had before, the pink/purple FT4, and I can't wait to get it. I am also going to try to work out in here in the summer, and just have two air conditioners on. I just noticed that this is not a check in.

The Ripped with HIIT workouts look great, but, as I am divorced, and I work part time, I can't buy a bundle. Frank was nice enough to get me the heart rate monitor, so I will buy these workouts one at a time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.