Just got STS today, I am so excited but can't decide when to start

lovebeingmom

Cathlete
I am soooo excited. I just got my STS today and finished picking up all the equipement i need. YAY

i have a couple more evenings of 1rm's and I'll be done DOUBLE YAY!!

but i'm so hesitant to start. I have 20 lbs. to lose. i also ordered Insanity and its coming in 2 days

part of me saids- do a 60 day Insanity rotation to get some of the weight off

part of me saids- do STS(3 weight days) and do Insanity for 3 days(for cardio)

i'm not sure which one to do. i've read past threads and everyone is different. i dont know what will work best for me. i think anything would since to be honest my diet has NOT been to par at all. so i'm cleaning it up and doing either idea. just dont know which is "better"

i know noone does but me, but can't decide

grrrrrr

Lovebeingmom, I just received mine yesterday as well!! I am soo excited, but I have 3 weeks left of my Chalean Extreme rotation before I will begin. I really hope I can hold out three weeks, but I will view it as a warm up for STS. I'm also planning on working on my 1RM's during this time. Good luck!!!

Hi,

My only thought is that doing insanity and STS at the same time might be a little too much. I can't say for sure because I just got Insanity and haven't started yet, but from what i've seen it looks very intense. STS can take alot out of you after you get up in weight. While I was doing my STS rotation I know that lighter cardio was all I really felt up to on my off days. I'd do 40 minutes on the treadmill and then gear up for my next STS workout the next day. I'd just hate to see you push too hard and not end up getting the most out of either one becasue you've exhausted your body.

but, again... just a thought :) Hope you enjoy STS!!

Hey

Did my first insanity dvd this morning and LOVE IT!!

I decided that i have a couple more days of 1rm's to do but after that i'm going to start Meso 1 of STS and do it for 2 months(6 month) rotation

i'm going to do the full Insanity rotation with meso 1 and then for meso 2 and 3 incorportate other cardio in as I feel I can. something maybe not as intense

but I think I can do the Insanity rotation with 2 months of meso 1 since the weight isn't as much as meso 2 and 3. if I find it too much, i can always cut back on the Insanity workouts. but i'm going to commit to 6 months of STS and hopefully i'll do great.

can't wait to see the changes in my body

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.