Just got a Kindle

lrusso

Cathlete
......and I am trying to decide what to read first. What good books have you read lately?? For those who have a kindle do you like it?

Freakonomics was a pretty fun read. I haven't done a good novel in awhile, since I'm more into audiobooks. I've got the Kindle on my Christmas list. Those I know who have one LOVE it.

I love my Kindle and never go anywhere without it! I'm currently reading and enjoying Ken Follett's "The Pillars of the Earth." There are a lot of free and almost-free good independent books. The Kindle discussion board in Amazon.com is a good resource. Enjoy your new Kindle!
Dawn

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my kindle! Jane Austin books are classics for good reason; she was brilliant, her stories are timeless, and she was a woman generations ahead of her time. Try re-reading Jane Austin and you will fall in love with her all over again. (actually, her books are wasted on high-schoolers).
BONUS! All of her books are FREE for downloading onto your kindle!
Enjoy!

Have you read Pride & Prejudice & Zombies? I read that on my Kindle Reader (iPod app) and it was awesome. Then I read the real Jane Austin book and really enjoyed it. Don't know that I would have it I hadn't read the parody first. I'm not into romance novels. I also watched the movie after reading both books. Very good.

I haven't read Pride and Predudice with Zombies, although I have heard from others that is a riot. I think I need to read it next.
By the way, I HATE romance novels! I wouldn't actually put Jane Austin's books in that genre.

I have a Nook and LOVE IT! It goes with me everywhere I go.

I am reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabledon. EXCELLENT reads! I'm on book 4 and just can't get enough of the story. You might want to check them out.

I too have a Nook and like it. Most of my content is work related tech books. So much easier to carry the Nook than all those manuals.

I love my nook! One of the free books I got through it is the #1 Ladies Detective Agency. I never would have picked it on my own, but free was good;). I'm now on the reserve list at the library for the second in the series.

I heard The Help was excellent. I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the Girl Who Played with Fire and the Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I also heard A Reliable Wife was good, but I haven't read that one.

Agree. The Help and The Reliable Wife are excellent.

If you are looking for a fast, funny, easy read-the Janet Evanovich books are fun.

For something more serious, 2 of my all-time favorites are The Red Tent by Anita Diamont and The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.

For stories with moral dilemmas about which you THINK you know where you stand-try Jodi Picoult books! They are fantastic reads, plus they will open your eyes to viewpoints you probably never considered. (My Sister's Keeper, he Pact, Nineteen Minutes....she has more that 15 books out. Didn't like The Tenth Circle, though)

I just re-read East of Eden (John Steinbeck) and it was fantastic! It was lost on me in college; don't know if it was because I wast too rushed to really enjoy it, or because I didn't have enough life experience to fully understand/appreciate it. Actually, I have found this to be true of so many of the classics. As I go back and re-read them now, I finally understand why they are timeless.

Have Fun!

type of kindle

......and I am trying to decide what to read first. What good books have you read lately?? For those who have a kindle do you like it?

Which kindle do you mind me asking, did you get. I know they have one for around 189, and one for in the 300's. I'm not sure what the difference is. I definitely want one. Someone mentioned a nook?

I just read Lee Childs 61 hours. Loved it!

Which kindle do you mind me asking, did you get. I know they have one for around 189, and one for in the 300's. I'm not sure what the difference is. I definitely want one. Someone mentioned a nook?

I just read Lee Childs 61 hours. Loved it!

I am not sure about the one for 300. But there is one for 139 and one for 189. The one for 139 you need to have a wireless device ( like for a laptop computer) to be able to download books. I needed the one for 189 because it has that bulit into the kindle. Hope that helps, this is all new to me.

Thanks everyone for all the good suggestions!!! :)

I just got the $189 version with the 3G built in. I LOVE it! Before this, I had a Sony E-reader, which I still like, but I LOVE my Kindle. I just finished the Historian which I really liked. I think I'm going to read it again actually. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.