Just did disc 4...i feel like I am so bad at this!

Loralie

Cathlete
Hi guys,

I just finished disc 4 of mesycycle 1 and I feel like I am doing horrible. I am used to doing so good at the step routines and feeling great after it is over. When I am finished with STS I feel like I did a terrible job. I cant finish any of the barbell work and don't even get me started on the push ups! I did feel really sore last week so I know I it's working but then I had my rest day and yesterday was cardio so today it's back to weights and I just wish I was not such a weakling.

I hope I get better at this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Loralie

If you're not able to finish the reps, then it sounds like your weights are too heavy. Did you do the 1RM testing? If you did and they're still to heavy it may just be where the exercise comes in the workout. I know toward the end I am fried and sometimes have to drop my weights more than I would like, but that's the way it is. As for the gazillion pushups, just do what you can in any form that you can. If doing it on your knees is too hard, try doing it on your knees with your hands up on your step. The idea is progress, not perfection. Try not to be so hard on yourself and look at where you can make some changes (like those I've listed) and look forward to how much improvement you're going to see as you work through the program.

Nancy is totally right. Wherever you are is where you need to be. You will make progress, slowly and gradually, but you cannot expect to lift like Cathe and crew from day 1, so try not to compare your weight load with what you see them lifting. No-one learnt to walk in a day and you can't run before you can walk, right? So, you take baby steps, gradually increasing those weights, making modifications and tweaking the program according to your needs as you go through the discs.

You might find it helpful to do meso 1 twice through as it sounds like you will start to see progress and your lifting will go from "iffy" and "can barely make it" to solid. The sense of accomplishment will boost your confidence and take you through to the next level on your journey.

Don't be afraid to make adjustments where and as needed and remember, as Cathe says, "this is your workout" so make it work for you.

Clare

Thanks guys,

I am planning on doing disc 5 today and I will try to have a better attitude about it. I weighed in this morning and I lost 3 pounds this week so I am in a much better mood. Yay!!!

Thanks for the advice!

Loralie

I agree with the others... you can either back off a bit on the weights and/or do what you can do because you WILL make progress. It isn't a contest to keep up with Cathe and crew. She won't come through the screen and bean you on the head for not keeping up with her or matching her weights. As she says, "do what works for you" and you will still see progress. When you can (whenever that is) push yourself a bit and things will change! :D

Congrats on the 3 lb weight loss - that would make me smile too!!

Everytime I start STS Meso 1 it's like..oh no here I go again! The first time I did Meso 1 I was careful on the weights because I wasn't sure. It is definitely ENDURANCE, especially with all those pushups. Each week you get a little more confident. Hopefully, by week 3 you'll be kickin' it!!

I love Meso 2 because there is less reps so you can go heavier:D Meso 3...is mental focus for sure! ha ha.

Have a happy Easter and be proud of yourself for sticking it out and doing these workouts. They are for the Tough-Minded as we all are!!

Thanks guys,

I am planning on doing disc 5 today and I will try to have a better attitude about it. I weighed in this morning and I lost 3 pounds this week so I am in a much better mood. Yay!!!

Thanks for the advice!

Loralie

I just got STS and I would like to know your progress on this. I have not done the 1 rm testing. And congrates on the 3lbs. you are doing something right to lose 3lbs:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.