June Jogglers

Tricia- That looks like a good idea to me.

I was planning on going to the Western Horse Show tomorrow but its 18 bucks just to get in the door and I don't think I can afford it.:(bummer.

This morning I went for a joggle and then I did 25 min. of yoga with Desi. Its a simple solar practice. There is one pose called dolphin which I can't really do very well. I'm short in the limbs and it just doesn't work.

Jane- Low humidity makes all the difference. Today, I was working in Redding and it was 80 degrees and raining. I told my Dad it felt Floridian:p I used to work down there. Do you drink ice water? I used to only drink room temperature water because otherwise I would get a horrid tummy ache (I may have mentioned this before, I just think its kind of weird.)

I think I'm going to try this netflick that came today, its called Cardio Step Express with Gay Casper. Tomorrow will be a rest day. I will be doing 4DS the rest of the week.

Alisha

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I have been MIA for the last couple of days. It's been a busy weekend.

Saturday I did an upper body workout, then went grocery shopping, made healthy blueberry muffins which turned out very good and other stuff around the house.

This morning I got up at 5:30 am and was on the road running by 6:30. I had to get out there and beat the heat. The run was great. I then headed over to mom's to take her shopping and do things around the house. Came home, changed and headed to the pool for a 50 lap swim. It was so nice but now I'm beat!!

Alisha ~ Yes, I drink ice water all the time. That's weird that you would get a tummy ache. We haven't had much humidity because it's been so dry. How was Cardio Step Express? Sorry you had to miss the Horse Show. It sounds like fun! Your new rotation looks great.

Tricia ~ I think your plan sounds great. Do you plan on doing all steady state running or will be you adding in some interval runs?

Hi Ladies!

You know when I'm quiet for a couple of days, it's because I've done absolutely nothing, right? Slacker, yep that was me this weekend!

Alisha - You're like me! Lots of great things to go to, but no funds for it! Sorry you couldn't go. I find it odd that you can't drink really cold water. That's interesting and I wonder what it is that makes your stomach upset. Hm. Hope you enjoyed the new step workout!

Jane - You had a very busy weekend! Wow! I'm glad you have had such low humidity for your runs!

Well, after all that rigamarole trying to decide what to do, I have gone back to my original program and decided to pick up with Supreme 90 after STS. Since I'm seeing my strength increase (I did my first ever unassisted, no jump PULLUP this weekend), I don't want to lose what I've gained, so I'm going to stick with weights and just mix my cardio, but keep cardio to a minimum so as not to lose muscle.

Well, I must leave for work! Have a great day you two! See you soon!

Happy Monday!

Here is my workout for tonight. I think it was 100 degrees tonight but humidity still low with somewhat of a breeze.

5 pushups – 6 swings
56 mountain climbers
5 pushups – 6 swings
56 Step ups
5 pushups – 6 swings
56 jump ropes
5 pushups – 6 swings
56 situps
5 pushups – 6 swings
56 flutter kicks
5 pushups – 6 swings
56 squats
5 pushups – 6 swings
56 Ball Slams
5 pushups – 6 swings
56 walking lunge steps
5 pushups – 6 swings

Hi Alisha!

Tricia - WTG on the pull up!!!!! I'm glad you decided what to do after STS.

Have a great night!

Hello!

Well, I did Shiva Rea Trance Dance for the first time last night. Interesting. Starts and ends with traditional yoga, but in the middle you have a segment of free-style dance and then a core twisting series. Different and probably more my style of yoga! Taking a rest rest day today. Tomorrow I'll either do another segment of the Trance Dance or a Cathe kickbox workout, plus Angry Fitness Trainer's The Hard Core Workout! A cool and challenging core workout! We'll see.

I was so bored at work today it made me sleepy! for about 6 out of the 7 hours, I cleaned out and scanned old real estate files. Yawn. I hate days like this! Tomorrow, we actually have some closing so that'll be good and, hopefully, keep me busy!

I hope you guys had a beautiful day!

Only 3 more weeks and Stephen will be home on Tues, Thurs and Friday nights! Yay! He only has one class in the 2nd summer session! I can't wait!

I skipped my workouts the past two days. I had intended to try that Gay Caspar workout last night but I came home and stepped on a shard of glass, bled all over the place and just decided to watch tv instead. Silly? yep. I did the all upper body premix this morning. I intend to do the Gay Caspar video workout this afternoon. Tomorrow will be the 4DS Kb/BC cardio premix.

Its finally up to normal temperatures. My car said it was 101 over the black top yesterday. I saw a rattlesnake just down the hill from here (not even 1/4 mile from the house.) but we do live in a rural area called Rattlesnake hill. So, thats to be expected. He looked healthy, I hope he eats the rats.

On Monday, I went to a class about how to fire employees with an attitude problem and yesterday I went to a class about time management. These classes are through the Star12 program, so after my first seminar all of the rest were free and I get to carpool with my Mom. I'm hoping that meeting new people will drum up some business. You never know.;)

Tricia-I don't have the Trance Dance workout. It sounds like fun. Good job on the pull up! I can't even do one!

I'm doing less step (except for this week:rolleyes:) I've added more variety. And, then starting Monday, I will be doing an 8 week, 8k program with yoga, a MMA disc or Hula dance tape. I'm also adding in some cycling at a lower intensity.

Jane- You always have good workouts.

I took a rest day yesterday.

I was going to run today but it's 100 degrees with a heat index of 102. I'm still going to do my workout outside but under my carport instead with a fan and a sprinkler nearby.

Please pray for rain (just gentle rain). It is SO dry here. The other night I saw a frog sitting on my toilet lid. Poor little guy. He was so cute. I captured him and set him free outside.

Here is my workout:

Workout: 30 sec work / 20 sec rest/ 3 sets of each group
1- (example) SWING for 30 sec work / 20 sec rest / CLEAN & PRESS (right side) for 30 sec / 20 sec rest/ CLEAN & PRESS (left side) for 30 sec= repeat for 3 sets
2- GOBLET SQUAT / 1-ARM SWING R/L
3- SWING / REVERSE LUNGES R/L
4- BROAD JUMP-SQUAT THRUST / 1- ARM SWING R/L
5- SWING / THRUSTER R/L
6- WALKOUTS / PLANKS

Alisha ~ If I ever have to fire someone with an attitude, I'll check with you first. Yikes...glass in the foot...I hate that. Hope it's better!

Tricia ~ I hope work is more interesting today. I have periods of complete boredom. I have stuff I can do but no one will know if I do it or not so what's the point. :confused: I'm glad Stephen will be home at nights. :)

Take care,

Alisha - I hope you didn't injure your foot too badly on that glass! I used to do stuff like that all the time when I was little. Apparently, I didn't like to wear shoes much back then. Hope the seminars get you some good contacts! I think varying your workouts like that is going to be great!

Jane - Poor little froggie! Guess he's praying for some rain, too! I'll do my rain dance for you! I was a little busier today. 2 of the 4 closing were canceled. That's what we're having to deal with. Because of the tighter requirements by banks, so often closings won't go through. I stayed busy enough. Now, here's hoping tomorrow and Friday keep me going!

I took another real rest day today! It's nice to relax in the evening! I don't have to rush to feed anyone and can do my chores (wash dishes) in a leisurely fashion! Tomorrow I'm back at it though! Gotta get moving again! More Trance Dance! Woo-hoo!

I'm definitely doing the Gay Caspar disc. I've been saying that for days and I said something about the 4DS KB/BC mix yesterday, but I like to try these netflix early as possible to get another one in the mail. I like to get my money's worth.;)

Jane-I will go kick the rain rock.

Tricia-My Mom hates wearing shoes and even now she will only wear Birkenstocks Of course, they come in fashionable colors and match her outfit, she is an artist after all.:D

Hi Everyone!

Here's my workout. It was a bit cooler tonight, only 96 degrees.

20-15-10-5 Reps of:
Squat Thrust Deadlifts
Sit up and Reach with kettlebell
Push ups
Goblet Squats
200m run after every round

Alisha ~ Kick the rain rock harder this time. We had thunder for 3 hours last night but only about a teaspoon of rain. How was the Gay Casper workout?

Tricia ~ Hope you are enjoying your rest days. I had a busy day at work today. I'm working on a client invoice and I don't know what the guy wants. He keeps changing it. Yikes!

Have a great night!

Alisha - What type of workout is the Gay Caspar one? Did you do it tonight? I should start getting some from Netflix to try! I'll have to look at Birkenstocks . . . then again, maybe not! They are probably more expensive than I can afford!

Jane - Glad it was "cooler" today for you! I hate when clients can't make up their mind what they want! Makes it difficult to do your job!

Rest days have been great, but I've felt like a total lazy butt the last couple of days. I almost made it 3 days of laziness, but around 7:30 I couldn't stand it anymore. I was getting mopey, so I got up and did MMA Kickbox. Now, THAT was what I needed! I feel so much better!

Hi Lisa!

I did 3 miles w/a stretchy band this morning, Leslie Sansone style. I plan to do the 4DS lower body premix later this afternoon. I am getting back into doing my workouts first thing before breakfast. I had dabbled with a snack before my workouts and it just kept coming up:confused: so now that it is hot, I am definitely back to early morning workouts, none of this waiting till mid morning garbage. That just cut up my day. Tomorrow will be the 4DS KB/BC cardio premix. I'm looking forward to starting the 8k training program on Monday.

Tricia- The Gay Caspar workout was a intermediate step workout with a 15 min. ab routine. I only did 1/2 the ab workout. The step routine was not that hard to learn, but she doesn't really give you much of a count, you have to guess a lot. The step workout was about an hour. The whole thing was 70 minutes. I liked her attitude but some of the choreography was quirky and a little repetitive. Birkenstocks aren't cheap, we get them on sale for 80$/pair but they last a long time and can be re-soled. I love MMA Kickbox.

Jane-Sometimes, clients just use us to workout their problems out loud, I've come to the conclusion its like when a puppy nips at you, he doesn't really mean it. Great looking workout!

Alisha - That one doesn't sound too exciting, but at least you tried it out! I"m more a mid-morning person, not that I get to do my workouts mid-morning because of work, but that or around 2-3 p.m. is my optimal time! Good luck with your 8k training! I'd pay for a pair of shoes that would last more than 2 years! All of mine look like I've been wearing them for 20 years - oh, wait, I HAVE been! lol It's true. All of my shoes, clothes, etc are old! Hopefully, I'll be in a position to buy new clothes before what I have starts wearing so thin you can see my underwear through them! Ha!

I love your line about the puppy compared to the client! lol That's great and true!

I took another real rest day today! Gotta work tomorrow! I'll see what I decide to do. Next Thursday and Friday I won't be able to workout in my living room. The floor is being redone and unfortunately the guy can't do it all in one day. He probably could - it is a very small room, but he's taking 2 days. I'll go out and run and move my leg workout to Saturday. I'll have to get some puzzle mats so I don't tear up the new floor!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Happy Saturday! I just got back from the Melon Run 5K in Monticello, FL. This was my fourth time running this race. It's a tough one - 3 BIG hills with the finish being an uphill climb. The heat and humidity makes it tough as well. It was 77 degrees at race time with humidity at 97%. I'm happy to say that I PR'd the course!!! I ...had to see a young girl toss her cookies on the way to the finish line. She hurled on someone's front lawn. I was encouraging her to beat me at one point but then she veered off course. I came home and just finished the upper body portion of High Reps.

I'm making cookies for work today so my cheat will be a cookie or two (for quality control purposes. :)

Alisha ~ If I could, I would workout in the mornings but then I would have to get up at 3am. It's nice to get it out of the way. Good Luck with the 8K training!

Tricia ~ I finished the client invoice and sent it to the guy after I talked to the Project Manager. He told me that he was glad I was doing it. :confused: I told the client if this isn't what he wanted to please send me a template or amend the one I sent him. Lots of clients send us templates. I will probably hear from him on Monday.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

Evening!

Jane - You amaze me at all the races you run! Kudos! Will keep my fingers crossed that your client is happy with what you sent him and doesn't have too many changes!

I, too, wish I could at least get my cardio done in the mornings, but we all know how that turns out! lol

Jane - I wasn't able to get my kettlebell today. The place was closed and they don't show any hours on the door. I'm hoping they'll answer my email on Monday and I can find out if I can get it directly at their location. I really don't want to pay shipping for a delivery across the river! It's about a 15 minute drive after all! Also, I hope to hear from Punch Gym early in the week to set up my orientation. I guess it's good that I wasn't able to get my kb today. If I can meet with the trainer first, hopefully, I'll have a better idea what weight bell to get.

I'm so excited! I hope I love the kb workouts as much as I do Cathe workouts!

Played golf this afternoon with Stephen. Lots of walking for about 2.5 hours and lots of fun! It was hot, but it was good!

Hi Alisha and Lisa!

Jane- Way to go on your race! 97% is brutal!

Tricia- I wouldn't want to pay for shipping across the river either.

I plan to go for a jog/walk this morning. It should be just 2 miles. Then I will cool down with Cathe's Stretch Max, the one with the band. I found my band, I had left it in a suit case. I was worried I had lost it. I do have the blue one and the green one too, but I like the salmon colored one.

Alisha

Yesterday was a down day. I planned to run 8 miles, only did 7 and had to walk at least the last mile. Energy was low and I was breathing really hard. I did some stuff around the house and rested. I watched a French film in the afternoon that was very good.

I am working on a circuit workout for this afternoon. It will be another hot day. We managed to get some rain on Friday evening but it wasn’t enough.

Tricia ~ I think it will be good to have a session at Punch before you buy a kettlebell so you will know what to buy. I wonder if Punch will try to sell you one of theirs. Their equipment seems to be more pricy but they have kettlebells that you load with shots to make them heavier or lighter.

Kettlebells are different. They are like weights but are more dynamic since the weight is distributed differently. I love when I add them to my regular workouts. I still like traditional weight work but it's nice to add them in to other workouts. If you get them, I will have to send you my version of Cathe's Bootcamp workout with kettlebells.

About that client invoice...I got into work this morning and had an email waiting for me. He sent the email to me and the PM and said apparently I didn't understand his last email, would he please help me or do it himself. He responded to my email message from Thursday but I sent him an email on Friday with a new invoice asking him to correct the one I sent or to send a template. I’m staying out of it and letting the PM fix it because apparently I’m not getting it. The PM told me that this guy is very anal.

Alisha ~ I hope you had a nice jog and stretch yesterday! I have stretch max but have only done it once. I am very, very bad at stretching.

Have a great Monday!

Alisha - How was your jog yesterday? So glad you found your band! I love that stretch routine! It really helps to stretch with a band! Hope you had a great Monday, too!

Jane - Glad the PM understands that it's the client! I'm sure it'll all get worked out. I've decided on the Competition Bell you and Michele suggested. I"m going to take next Friday off to go get it at Perform Better. They are only open during the week, of course during working hours. I'm sure the trainer at Punch will be able to gauge my strength and ability during the orientation and guide me as to weight. I go there tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it! I just hope I don't fall in love with the gym and the workouts there! I can't afford a membership! lol

We're having the living floor redone this week. It's needed it for years! I won't be able to work out at home for 2 days. I'll have to go run - awww, too bad :eek: It'll be nice to have a new floor! Of course, now I'll have to get puzzle mats so I don't mess up the new one with my weights!

Tricia- A new floor? Sounds like you will have to run and bike for two days.

Jane-If I don't stretch I hurt, I tend to get really tight in the quads which makes my back hurt.

Yesterday I did 30 min. on the Aerobdyne and an hour of advanced yoga. Today I went for a jog (just a few minutes of walking.) and then I did 25 min. of yoga. I plan to do the lunar practice tonight. Tomorrow I will be in town for a luncheon at the state hiring board, they are supposed to tell use how to go through the state hiring process. I am quite aware that hiring is 'frozen' right now, but I also know that getting hired is a long process involving testing in advance of the job postings and around here, most people are 'temping to hire' rather than a job really being 'open' per se. In the meantime, I applied to Starbucks yesterday and I don't even drink coffee:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.