June Jogglers

lioness

Cathlete
Hi All,

I didn't see a thread started for June so here it is.

It was HOT today.....99 degrees but low humidity and a nice breeze. Here is my workout. A toughie tonight.

10 reps of each exercise - 10 rounds
KB Swings
Push ups
Squats
KB Push Press
Walking Lunges (20 total)
KB Sumo Deadlift High Pull
Run through the sprinkler after each round :D

Hi Alisha, Lisa and Tricia. Hope you guys both had a great Monday!!

Hi Jane! I made it over here!

Can't believe it's already June! I did my Disc 20 Legs tonight! It about killed me, but I did it! I felt so tight afterwards that I did the extended stretch, too! Made it through Day 1 of our little Michi's Challenge! Of course, I sent my husband to the fish market today and he came home with some crab cakes! Yum! Can't have those. :( Oh, well, more for him! I can have all fish except shellfish and shrimp. I really hope this helps and kicks my body into gear for the changes I want!

Hi Alisha and Lisa!

TGIF!!!

This is the workout I did yesterday.

200m run
10 Ball Slams
20 Pull ups
30 Walking Lunges
40 Swings
400m Run
40 Swings
30 Walking Lunges
20 Pull ups
10 Ball Slams
200m Run

I'm taking a rest day today. We are leaving to go to the Blueberry Festival later this afternoon. Tomorrow will be a 5K race at the festival. We will walk around for a little while there and then head home. It is going to be HOT again today and tomorrow.

Tricia ~ Good job on resisting those crab cakes. It's hard to resist when you have another person in the house bringing home foods that aren't exactly healthy. I hope you see some results with the challenge.

Hi Alisha!!

Today is some yoga in the AM and then Cathe in the evening.

Jane-Its cold here and yesterday it hailed!

Tricia-No shellfish??? boo hiss.

Alisha

I did Gary Bromley's Yoga Class disc (came with my matt.) and in the evening I did Cathe's HsCkt. This morning I did 45 min. of Shiva Rae's Beginners Yoga. Its raining. For real. Its cold and raining. The forecast promises rain for the next three days. I feel like we skipped summer and went straight to fall.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and they had split chicken breasts on sale for 99c/lb. So, I went nuts and bought two 6 packs, I plan to roast one of the packs today with some buttermilk. I'm thinking that while those are cooking I will do some Cathe.

Catch ya later!

Alisha

Hi ladies! *sigh*

I was about to send my post and I hit the wrong key and it went back to the previous page, so my whole post was gone! Ugh. I hate when I do that!

Anyway, nice work this weekend so far ladies!

Michi's was great for the first 2 days, then yesterday, I had such bad cravings for bad stuff, but I didn't give in! My food has been great today! That's great compared to what I usually do on the weekends! My weakness is still my one drink per night on the weekends. At least I haven't had anything during the week! That's an improvement!

It's been a tough challenge, but at least it's been improving my eats!

Workout was STS Disc 21 Back & Biceps today and it was great until I got to that last set of biceps! Ow! Stephen is going golfing with the guys tomorrow, so I'll do me some Turbo Fire!

Have a great night!

Tricia- Good job!!! Its not easy to change food habits. Bi's are my favorite body part to work.

Jane-Hi!!

I think I might get a jog/walk this morning. Its finally stopped raining! My ipod is ready to go. I just have to wait until my cereal digests, I don't do workouts on a full stomach. I don't think anybody does.

Alisha

Alisha - It's not been easy and I probably won't maintain it longer term, but I believe it will make my choices better and I can plan more effectively for the weekends so I can avoid the fast food!

Were you able to get your joggle in today? I sure hope so! I agree with you, too, that no one should eat on a full stomach! Ugh. I think I'd puke!

Hi Jane and Lisa! Hope you've had a fabulous weekend!

Hi All,

I missed posting for the last couple of days.

Saturday - Did the 5K at the Blueberry Festival. This was a nice race and mainly flat course! :) We ran around a beautiful lake. It was hot and sticky but at least the sun was not out and there was a breeze. My time was good but it could have been better. I just didn't have the energy. We walked around the festival afterwards. We bought a flat of blueberries but I wish we would have bought 2. They were so inexpensive. I am freezing them for later use. I wanted to pick up a couple of blueberry bushes - they were only $2/piece but we had no room in the car. I think mom enjoyed getting out and about.

Sunday - No workout at all. I was tired and didn't want to get out of bed to run. I wanted to go swimming later in the day but got involved in projects at home. The rest felt good though.

Monday - will be the following workout. It is so dry and hot here. We haven't had rain for almost a month. We have a 40% chance today but it's so isolated who knows. It could rain across the street and not at my house.

21-15-9-3 of
Thrusters
Push ups
Pull ups
Swings 400m run after each round

Alisha ~ I'm glad it stopped raining. How was the joggle?

Tricia ~ I'm glad you are having success with Michi Challenge. I should have done it but I eat very close to what is on the list, except for cheese and a smear of margarine on my toast. I'm really starting to get rid of all the processed foods (mostly). I finally gave up boxed cereal. I don't like oatmeal but my sister gave me a great waffle recipe that is pretty healthy. I can mix up the dry ingredients ahead of time and add the liquid when I want to make them. At least they aren't boxed stuff.

Hi Lisa!

Have a great Monday!

Jane- Its so cold here! Its been throwing thunder storm fits and I'm wearing sweaters. I wish I had access to a flat course, I always think of myself as being so slow and yet when I get going on a flat bit, I'm a lot faster than when going straight up hill.

I'm still eating some boxed cereal. It is organic and I don't eat very much. I do make steel cut oat meal some times but it takes an hour to make and I'm too hungry after my workouts to wait. I did have some home made banana bread this morning. It was full of walnuts and very tasty;)

Tricia- I did not get a joggle yesterday. Instead I did nap-max:p

Today I did go for a jog/walk. I had to wear two layers and I was still cold! The weather looks like it will warm up by the end of the week.

Just a continued bad workout-ish night! Had a long post almost done and hit the wrong button and lost it!

Sigh. Oh well, Cliff Notes:

Yay Jane! Woo-Hoo Alisha and Brrrrr!

Bad workout for me today! Pulled neck muscle. Can't wait for rest week next week!

There! LOL :D:D:D

Tricia- I hate that!

Jane-I like blueberries, especially when they are just ripe and a little tart.

I slept poorly last night. I was up and down because I forgot that pineapple is a diuretic and I had to pee all night:pOnly thing was, I had to go to a business writing/grammar workshop all day. I was so tired! I think I will nap a little and then I will do some yoga. Probably that Suzanne Deason disc I still have from netflix. Its just a 25 min. session. I like those short ones because it doesn't feel like such a huge commitment, the way an hour or 90 min. does.

Tomorrow will be MMA boxing. I always make myself a rotation every week, but I rarely stick to it. :rolleyes:

Alisha - Hate nights like that! Just really wears me out for the rest of the week! I didn't know pineapple was a diuretic! Huh! Learned something new. Hope your yoga workout helped you some! Funny that you make a schedule, but don't follow it! Guess it works for you in a way! lol

I ended up taking the night off to give my neck time to heal. It's legs tomorrow, so I should be okay. Seems a bit better, but sitting at a desk all day sure didn't help any!

Halfway through Michi's! Yay! Down the hill now! 7 more days! I'm really looking forward to finishing! lol

Hi Jane and Lisa!

Good Morning,

I was planning a run yesterday but it was raining and thundering so I decided to do Cardio Core Circuit. I will try to go for a run tonight.

Alisha ~ So sorry it's so cold there. This morning it felt a bit cooler and less humid and it will only be 95 today!

I gave up cereal because I couldn't find anything healthy that tasted good. I really want to eat Frosted Flakes or Capt Crunch but those are all sugar (but they taste good)!!!

I am going to make some blueberry muffins this weekend. I found a couple of healthier options.

I hope you slept better last night. It doesn't happen very often with me but I hate it when it does. Mom is going through that right now. She is in a funk now because she can't sleep at night and is tired all the time.

Tricia ~ You are almost to the end. Hang in there!! Hope your neck feels better today.

Have a great day!

Hi Jane!

We will probably hit 100 tomorrow, but then we'll cool back down to normal June temps in the 70s. Yay! Just gotta get through tonight and tomorrow!

Have you ever had Shredded Wheat? One ingredient and just add fruit! Yummy! If those muffins turn out well, please share the recipe or the link to where you found it! Much appreciated! I'm always looking for healthier weekend breakfast options!

I hope your mom gets back to sleeping at night! There is nothing worse!

My neck is much better today and I had no problem getting through legs except that it was legs! lol

6 more days on Michi's! Some of the girls are seeing some great changes! Not me. No change at all. Wonder if it's the lower calorie intake? Hm, maybe I'll see all my change when I start adding back things and get my calories up some? We shall see . . .

I did Athletic Step today. I wimped out. Toward the end, I had to lower it to no risers.:eek: I plan to do MMA Boxing tomorrow. I like that one, its a lot of fun.

I'm working on a new diet plan (really just a re-tooling of what I know works.) Basically, its pretty much home cooked eats and a lot of coconut oil and olive oil. The oils always seem to help me. I tend to eat too little of those and then find myself too hungry and eating something that just makes me plump up (like a chicken.)

Jane-Thanks for the warm weather! It was over 80 degrees F today.

Tricia-I am glad your neck is feeling better. Its good to take that rest. There is no advantage to over working a tender body part.

Hi Alisha! I'm glad it warmed up for you! I'm looking forward to the cool down we're getting starting tonight!

I don't have Athletic Step yet! Sounds like a goodie! I do like the MMA ones! I need to try coconut oil! Have to make a trip to Whole Foods and see what they have. Do you track your macronutrients? I'm curious how much fat you allow yourself each day.

Thank goodness I just strained it! It recovered pretty much after a good 24 hour rest! Did legs last night and flew through my TF HIIT 15! I really pushed it tonight! Awesome workout! Now we're dealing with thunderstorms. Ugh. Peanut has finally settled down under the piano bench. There's still some thunder in the distance and it's not done yet, but we're having a bit of a quite period right now. Thank goodness! I hope this is it for the night so I can sleep! Last night the storm hit at around 2 a.m. and I ended up sitting downstairs with Peanut until almost 4 before it passed enough for her to relax. Got about 2-3 hours sleep total! Bleh. Can't make it with another night like that!

I tried putting a t-shirt on her and knotting it up. Someone told me to try that. No good. Fail! It's time for a Thundershirt. If that doesn't work, then the vet will have to prescribe some drugs!

Tomorrow is my last day in M2! Yippee! I'm looking so forward to rest week as I have probably said a couple of times already this week! lol

Have a great night! Hi Lisa and Jane!

Hi Everyone,

It was a little cooler tonight - only 93 with low humidity and a nice breeze. I can't complain about that. Here is the workout for today.

36, 30, 24, 18, 12, 6 reps of:
Walking Lunges (36 each leg)
Swings
Mountain Climbers
Weighted Sit ups
Squats

Alisha ~ I'm glad you're finally getting the warm weather. I'm tired of blowing it your way. :p

You did not wimp out today!! Wimping out would mean that you quit and you did not quit!!!

Tricia ~ Please stay safe. I'm glad it's getting cooler by you. Do you have A/C? When I lived in Illinois we didn't have it for a long time. Then we got it but it didn't make the upstairs any cooler. I still had to have a fan. I'm glad your neck is better and hope you get some much needed sleep tonight.

Have a great night!

I am going to take an advanced yoga class instead of the MMA disc. I think I will shift that one to tomorrow. I get a lot out of my yoga workouts. I attended a lecture about cholesterol at lunchtime. She recommended that I switch up my workouts and not just do the same thing all the time to jump start the weight loss. Well, normally I would do 3 days of run/walks and then 2-3 days of step. So, I'm switching that up a little. Often, I don't get to the advanced yoga because its so hard I can't manage to do it on the same day as a Cathe workout. So, here I am taking a chance, giving a yoga day its own place on the calendar. And, I'm adding a MMA day too. Except for next week of course, thats ttotm so its either 4DS or CTX. (I don't do yoga at that time, invesions + low blood pressure= passing out.)

I'm leaning towards something like this, for a new-ish rotation-

Day 1: Advanced Yoga + walking or aerodyne cycle 30 min.
Day 2: Jog w/intervals 60 min.+ Stretch Max
Day 3: Step Ckt (HsCkt, SJP, CW,
Day 4: Complete rest (no stretching or anything.)
Day 5: AM: MMA disc cardio drills (35 min.) + 30 min. Step w/Plyo or HIIT; Easy yoga (1 hour, in the evening.)
Day 6: Jog (no walking) 35 min. + AM Yoga (25 min.);
Day 7: Rest

Jane-Thanks! You're right! I didn't wimp out.:D

Tricia-The Spectrum Refined coconut oil is the best and works really well in cooking or baking.

Alisha - Wow! It must be nice to have someone to evaluate your routine! Wish I had access to that for free! Good luck with the new rotation! I hope it works! Thanks for the suggestion on coconut oil! I may make a trip to Whole Foods this weekend and see if they have it!

Jane - Thanks! The storms took forever to go by! We do have window units, but it takes a while to cool things down! We're going to have a lovely week starting tonight, highs in the low 70s and lows in the 50s. Ahhhh, relief! We have a window unit in the bedroom upstairs too and we turn that on early in the evening right after the sun goes down since the bedroom faces directly west! Works pretty well except on those uber-hot days.

I'm itching to do something really different, but I still have to finish STS! I'm on active rest next week. Maybe, I'll finally start walking the pups since it will be much cooler and do yoga and really take it easy. I want to run, but I'm thinking of taking a month off from rotations and doing full body strength workouts 2 days a week and running 4 days a week. What do you think, ladies? Trying to change things up and rev up the metabolism or something to shed some body fat!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.