June Jogglers

Alisha - Starbucks is a great job! Stephen did it for a couple of years when we first moved here! You will have to taste the coffees to learn the flavors and how to describe them to customers, but the pay is good and, even part-time, you get benefits and stock options! I'm sending you positive energy that something good comes along for you!

I'll have a lot of room for Turbo Fire tomorrow night, but, yes, I will be running in the rain on Thursday and Friday! lol Tonight I went to Punch Kettlebell Gym. Here's my write up on it: Punch! Ow! Kettlebells! Woot! « The Eclectic Beagle

Hi Jane and Lisa!

Have a great night all!

Hi everyone!

I took a rest day yesterday. My knees have been giving me trouble for the last couple of weeks. They are just achy and although they haven't been getting worse, they haven't been getting better either. With that said I will probably work abs today and maybe do some upper body. I've been hitting it pretty hard so I'm going to coast for a couple of days.

Alisha ~ I heard that Starbucks is a great employer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I definitely have to do more stretching.

Tricia ~ I'm glad you finally got to Punch and that you had a great experience! I hate those Turkish Getups though! :confused: I want to get the ropes but they are a bit expensive.

Jane - I want ropes now too! Perform Better has them from $119 up. I may just put it on my birthday list, if I don't need heavier kettlebells by then! lol

I'm going to sign up for the full kettlebell workshop, then see what weight to get from the trainer. Surely, he'll be able to tell me at that point!

Hi Alisha - Hope you're having a good day!

I haven't worked out any this week. Just being a lazy bum. Tomorrow the floor guy comes to rip out the old floor in the living room! Yikes! I'll go for a run in the rain after work tomorrow definitely. I've got to get myself moving again! It's been almost 2 weeks now!

I ended up being a lazy bum yesterday. Today I will try to do Stretch Max. My knees are feeling much better!!! :) I'm going to wait until Saturday to do anything more than abs and stretching to give them a complete rest.

Tricia ~ Think how beautiful your new floors will be! :) My whole house needs new floors. I will have to think about asking for the ropes for my birthday too. Did they have the ropes tied to something or just looped around a post?

Hi Alisha and Lisa!

Jane- I am so glad that you are feeling better!

Tricia-Thanks for the positive energy!

I took yesterday as a rest day. Today was Step Moves. Tomorrow will be another 2 m. run. plus 30 min. of Hula. I love it cause its barefoot.

Yesterday, I went to a seminar put on by the state about their hiring process. They are technically frozen however there are certain departments which are exempt from being frozen. I am going to apply for a 'audio/visual technician job which has come open on July 1. I don't think I'm really qualified but I do know that if I take the exam, then I will have an idea about what they are looking for so I can be prepared in the future. I am more than a little nervous about this whole thing. I will be studying my old techy stuff for the next 9 days.

Alisha

Jane - I know, I'm just impatient! To boot, there are some lovely gouges in the base flooring. Stephen said the guy told him it was taking him longer to remove the old floor because the wrong glue was used to put this one in. He's probably not going to finish until Saturday. Bummer. Oh, well, no tv for 3 days isn't going to kill me, I guess! lol Besides, that's what DVR is for, right?

Glad you knees are feeling better too!

The ropes are anchored with one of these: Product - Rope Anchor

I was thinking I could stick that either in my huge tree in the back or the back of our storage building maybe. Then I could use my kb(s) and ropes outside and my husband won't have to worry about me breaking anything in the house! Plus, in the building, I can work out most of the year except when the temps are below freezing.

Alisha - Lots of luck with that job! Who knows! You still might get it! I'm sure you could learn what you don't know on the job and probably very quickly!

With the floor taking longer, guess I'm out of commission the rest of the week. Saturday, I'm going back to Punch for the kettlebell intro workshop. I'm so looking forward to that!

Have a wonderful night ladies!

Today is a jog plus Kathy Smith's Aerobox. Its cool again, those toasty temps are past tense. We had above 100 for a couple of days and now its in the 80s. Tomorrow will be Drill Max and Photo Max, I have to go down to the Park to catch some good footage to make a new reel to add to my job application. I don't anticipate getting that job but it has reminded me of what I need to keep up in my education. Job skills are like fitness, you have to work at it a little bit every day.

Tricia- You are going to be so happy when you get your floor back!

Jane-Sometimes a complete rest is just what the dr. (or the cathlete) ordered.

Alisha - At least the experience of going through the job application process is helping you learn what you need to brush up on and what you need to learn! So glad the temps have settled down for you!

The floor is almost down! One small section to go! He'll come in tomorrow and finish up! Hopefully, he'll be done by the time I get back from my workshop!

Hi Lisa and Jane!

I have missed a couple of days. I guess that is what happens when you don't workout.

Saturday I did PUB and a 1 mile run. The knees are feeling much better.

Today I decided to run 4 miles to my friend's pool. I swam 50 laps and then ran the 4 miles back home. The pool was the best part. I hated to get out but then the run back started out good but the last mile I had nothing left and ended up walking. I had a later start so the sun was out in full force. Anyway it was fun and I want to try it again with an earlier start.

Alisha ~ I agree with you need to keep your job skills current and update. I hope the footage came out at the park. How was Drill Max?

Tricia ~ Hope the floor is finished now. It sounds like the workshop was fun. Did you get to see Anthony? He seems so cool!

Have a fun Sunday!!

I skipped Drill Max on Saturday. I just felt bleh. Yesterday, I went for a jog and did Stretch Max with the stretchy band. This morning I did an hour of advanced yoga. I plan to do some aerodyne later today.

For the past few days I have been up to my eyeballs preparing a presentation for that Audio Visual tech job with CalEMA. Today I have to record some voice over, build the presentation in powerpoint, import my video (already edited.), and import my stills which need to be edited in photoshop first. Then, after its all put together, I get to export it as a movie and bring the whole thing into DVDSP (dvd studio pro is authoring software from Apple). Then (but wait theres more!) I will build a DVD including a copy of my presentation, resume, and a slideshow with pictures. I only just learned about this job last week. I have until Friday to get everything done. I'm a little freaked out. I have to take an exam and I don't even know what the exam is really about. :confused:

But, have no fear, I will not let some job application keep me from my workouts. I even took time on Sunday to go see Cars 2. It was so fun! Tow Mater is super funny.

Jane-I wish I had access to a pool and the guts (or lack??) to wear a swimsuit.

Tricia- How is the flooring?

Hi Ladies!

Jane - I missed posting this weekend too! Just forgot with all the excitement going on! The floor was finished by 1 p.m. on Saturday. Basically, by the time I finished with the workshop and went grocery shopping, he was gone! Yay! It's very pretty and I'm happy to have a floor I don't have to hide anymore!

Alisha - That sounds like a LOT of work! It's going to be fantastic when it's done! I just know it! Chalk it all up to building your experience, but keep a positive attitude! Anything can happen!

I finally did a workout today! I did S90 Chest & Back. I plan to follow the first week's schedule, then switch to something else next week. I plan on winging it and seeing what feels good and what mood I'm in! That is my plan for a while. Keep things shuffled on a week to week basis and keep my body shocked more often than a 90 day rotation would. I hope this works and I start seeing some body fat melt away! I do need to get my nutrition under control though. I'm great during the week, as usual, but I've been unusually bad on the weekends and I need to reel it in!

The workshop was great! He kicked my butt! lol I learned a lot and my forearms are bruised and sore! I ordered me a First Place Competition Kettlebell as recommended by Michele and Jane. Stephen is going to pick it up for me on Thursday! No, I didn't get to see Anthony. I don't know if he ever visits the Punch Gym in East Providence, but the Art of Strength one is right across the river from my house! I didn't realize that until today or I would have gone there! Darn it! I bet he's there quite a bit! I'll go there next time!

Can't wait to get my new kettlebell!

Good Morning,

Here is my workout from yesterday.

50 - Goblet Squats
40 - Russian Twists
30 - Lunges - stationary w/kb or walking
21-15-9
KB Weighted Step ups
Swings
9-15-21
Ball Slams
Squat Thrusts
then:
30 - Lunges
40 Russian Twists
50 - Goblet Squats

Alisha ~ Just reading everything you have to do makes my head spin. I have no doubt that you will get it all done and ace the test too!!! I'm glad you got a workout in and took time to relax at a movie.

It's nice having access to pool and not having to clean it and have the expense. Of course, I bring my friend some wine every once in a while to keep her happy! :)

Tricia ~ I am asking for Perform Better gift cards (among other things) for my birthday so I can get a rope and maybe a competition bell. Thanks for posting the rope bracket. I can put that on the bottom of my pull up bar stand outside and it will be perfect. I'm so excited.

I think it's great that you are winging your workouts and doing what feels good.

I'm working out tonight but not sure what I'm doing. I'll check back later.

I skipped the cycling yesterday, I will do it today and just shift everything over one day.

Jane-When is your birthday?

Tricia-Don't think of your weekends as bad, think of them as your zig to your zag.

Alisha

Jane - Yesterday's workout looks killer! I'd let you come to my house and do anything you want for a bottle of wine! Yes, I'm that easy! lol I don't have a pool though.

Perform Better is also doing a free shipping special right now and kettlebells are included in that! Can you imagine? Not having to pay for shipping on about 50 lbs. of KBs? What a savings! They have a page on FB and that's where I saw the special.

Alisha- I love how you put that! My zig to my zag! I'll have to remember! Nothing wrong with moving things around!

I did S90 Ultimate Ball today. The whole thing - sort of. Had some stabilizing difficulty on a few of the exercises, but I'm assuming that gets better with time. I do like that they do no crunches! Woo-Hoo!

Making some turkey spaghetti tonight for dinner!

Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day, but I'm going to do my S90 Tabata workout and take my rest day on Thursday, since I"m going golfing with the girls Thursday. That should be interesting! The only people who've seen me golf are Stephen and 2 of his friends! lol I hope they're as bad as I am!

Have a great night you two!

Hi Lisa!

Here is my workout from yesterday. It looks easier than it was. Of course I could have hauled out my big Bertha kettlebell (but I didn't).

Workout #1: 10 reps / 3 sets
1-Swings
2-High Pulls
3-Push Presses –Use 2 kettlebells
Workout #2: 15 reps/ 3 sets
1-Front Squats
2-Chest Presses – 2 kettlebells
3-KB Push Ups
4-Back Rows – 2 kettlebells
Plus 15 reps of 4 different ab exercises

Tricia ~ Perform better often offers the free shipping...even for kettlebells. I have ordered lots of fitness equipment from them. Turkey spaghetti sounds good!! I don't make pasta too often.

Have fun golfing. I LOVE miniature golf but I'm not that great at the real thing. My sister and I played 9 holes with my dad once. It was a disaster. I think I shot a 63 or something and par for 9 holes was 27!!

Alisha ~ My birthday is in August. I will be the BIG 5-0. How did that happen? I still feel like I'm 12 most of the time.

Today is a rest day. I have a dentist appointment. :confused:

Tricia-Ooh! Turkey spaghetti sounds good!

Jane-Your workouts never look easy to me.:eek:

I did cycle yesterday. I did 20 min. of yoga this morning. I plan to go for a late afternoon joggle + 25 min. of Lunar yoga. Tomorrow will be Kick Max. I'm leaning towards another run on Friday and Imax 3 on Saturday.

Alisha

Jane - I like this workout! Do you keep your workouts logged somewhere or just make them up and forget them and move on? If you keep them written down, you'd better start making a packet for me! lol

I probably will be pretty close to your score tomorrow night too! I'm not that good at golf! It still should be fun! You and I are the same age? I had no idea! I thought you were maybe 30-ish! That's what good health and fitness does for you! I'll be right behind you! Too bad we can't get together and celebrate the big one!

Alisha - I have to get Stephen to get our bikes ready! Maybe we'll go for a ride this weekend. Hope you had a good joggle tonight!

I took my rest day today. I'm going tackle S90 Tabata and Shoulders and Arms on Friday. Shouldn't be too bad. I'll do legs on Saturday, then it's The Murph Crossfit workout on Sunday! woot!

Alisha, do you want to do that one with us? Here it is:

"Murph" (Crossfit Workout)

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

Don't yell at me, it was Jane's idea! lol

Have a great night!

Good Morning,

Here is my workout for tonight. I hope it doesn't rain otherwise I will think of something else or sub jump rope for the run.

20 Deadlifts
Run 400m
20 KB swings
Run 400m
20 Overhead Squats
Run 400m
20 Burpees
Run 400m
20 Pullups
Run 400m
20 Weighted Step ups
Run 400m
20 Double Kettlebell Thrusters
Run 400m

Tricia - Have fun golfing!!

Yes, I type up all my workouts and keep them in a big binder and I have them saved on my computer too. I now have over 3 years worth of workouts!!!! How's that for geeky! If you are serious about wanting them, let me know. I can email them to you. I also have 2 BIG file folders with workouts that I haven't done yet and I am always surfing for new and interesting workouts. Ok...it's clear that I need a life. :eek:

Yup, we are the same age except I am older than you by a couple of months. So I guess that Alisha is the baby of the group!!

I need to get a bike. I want to ride again and maybe do a dualthon.

Alisha ~ Join us for the Murph. I am doing it on Monday morning though. I think I'm going to wear a weighted vest. :eek: Then I am going to stuff myself silly afterwards.

Have fun with Kick Max. I don't have that one but I have KPC. I love what kick boxing does for my legs. I want to get a heavy bag so bad but I have to cement a pole in my yard because I can't do it inside. That is on my list along with an old tire and a sledgehammer.

Have a great Thursday!!!

Jane-I don't have KPC yet! I had started to think I had everything! I also need to add pyramids. I loved that on the FitTV but my tivo was too full and so it had to go. I may be the baby but you are the one with that extreme fitness thing;) I wish I had a bike. My Dad bought me one 10 years ago but it was left out in the rain and is completely rusted and I probably need a new one. shoot, here I go again wanting new equipment:D:p

Tricia- I don't have the strength to do the pull ups:eek: But I can do everything else!

I did not feel like working out this morning. I might do Kick Max tonight before bed. I have to spend the day on the computer preparing for tomorrow. I just spent the last two hours studying for a test. I don't even know whats on the exam! The job description was a bit vague.

Alisha

Jane - WOW! That's a lot of workouts! Yes, I am serious, but don't rush to send them as it will take me a little time to really get used to the kettlebell. It's bigger than I thought it would be, but I'll get used to that pretty quickly I'm sure!

When you get around to it, here's my email: [email protected]

Thank you!

Hope you were able to get your planned workout in!

Alisha - Sub band work for lats in place of the pullups! You can do it with us!

Good luck on your exam and with your studying!

We got off work at 3 pm today! We didn't go to lunch because we had a very busy closing day! Lots of files to close, disburse and package for FedX. Boss bought us sandwiches from Subway. That was nice! Have been bumming around with my husband since I got home! We made a trip to the liquor store to stock up and got ice cream for later!

Tomorrow, I plan on doing S90 Tabata and Shouders & Arms. Sunday we have a tee time for golf. Yes, I'm becoming addicted! We had fun on Thursday playing at a small Par 3 course. Us girls decided to make it a regular thing to go golfing every 2 weeks or so. It'll be fun and I'm hoping to get better by playing more regularly!

Monday will be Murph workout, then it's P90X for a week!

Have a great night ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.