July RT check in Tuesday

TAMARALEE

Cathlete
Good Morning ladies & Jerry~

This morning I strayed from Cathe & did burn & firm/fat burning Pilates. Gives my body a break from the impact. Tomorrow I will be back to Cathe with DrillMax.

Check back later
Tami

Good morning everyone,

I did GS chest and triceps this morning.

Quick question-does anyone know of a really good hair gel that will hold my hair throughout the workouts? And a hairspray?

Will check back later. I'm off to Panera and then to get some new socks to wear with my Under Armour shoes.

Bev

Tami, Great workout and great one planned! I love DM!

Bev, ooh, your chest is gonna burn!:) No clue on the hair products. I'm a very low maintenance gal, and I mean very low. Have a fun mornign!

------------
Y'day I did Classical Stretch Athletes Intense Stretch and a long walk on the beach. LOts of the walk was in thigh-deep water. That's got to count for some leg work huh?;-) Hoping for more of the same today, maybe some canoeing too. We'll see ehat the fam thinks...

Hope everybody has a great day!

Good Morning Fellow Road Trippers,

Today will be Butts& Guts. Always a burner! Yesterday I did Drill Max and boy it that ever hard.

No clue on the hairspray either. I sweat too much so I just just hair clips to hold back the hair.

Have a great day! 9 more days left.

Good morning, all!!!

Drill Max for me later, haven't done the whole enchilada for a while, so this should be interesting...:eek:

Bev, to keep my hair in place, I find that not having any to begin with is the best option....:7

Tami...thanks, but no need to single me out..when it comes to being a Cathe-ite, I'm proud to be just one of the gals!!

Good morning everyone!

Drill Max is waiting for me after I finish this post. We all must be on the same page for workouts this week.

Bev- I plan to just stick my hair back with a headband and that is how it will be until we finish all of the workouts on Saturday. It won't be stylish, but I can't stand it in my face. :D

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! ;-)

Good Morning!

This morning was HSTA. I haven't done that one in a long time and it was good to pull it out.

Bev, I just pull my hair off my face. I sweat too much for any product to be effective.

Good Morning RTers!

Today I did PS Legs and then ME abs.

Bev--My hair is just a frizzy mess after I w/o. At home, I pull it up in an ugly clip, but knowing that pictures will be taken on the RT, my vanity may kick in and I'll just leave it down. I guess either way, I'll look like a frizzy mess!:eek:

Jerry--I saw your post on OD. Congrats on making such a good and healthy decision! You should be so proud of yourself!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Confessions after doing Drill Max today...

* I cannot do the bomb diver pushups so I fake it.:p
* I start laughing every time I do the football runs because I think I look ridiculous!:D
* I also cannot do the squat thrust tuck jump thingy as fast as Cathe and the crew.
* I cannot do the last set of pushups with the 3 pound weights so I do girly pushups on my knees.

Anybody else realize that their secret modifications that we make at home will be out of the bag when we work out with Cathe?

Seriously, I am just happy that I can finish the the workout despite my modifications. ;)

See you all soon,

Terri

No bomb divers for me either!! Or push ups w/weights for that matter. I have a shoulder that irritates me once in a while, which I'm coming off of an irritation so I really watch any weight bearing exercises. You will see me doing modifications I'm sure. Getting older sucks!!

Bev
No help here on the hair either, although Jerry did have a good suggestion. I got my cut short again a few months ago so my options are limited. Aside from Jerry, all of us will have hair that's astray after.

Jerry
If I remember right you won't be the only guy this year right? Now when you say one of the gals that doesn't include the locker room right? LOL

All of you who have done DM this week think of me tomorrow morning @ 5am sweating to that one, I know it's a tough one.

Tami

Hi, all,
It looks like there's lots of Drill Max going on around here! :) This morning, I did the DM scrambled cardio blast premix, B&G abs + the bonus stability ball abs, and GSBSB with heavier weights. My DDs are out of town, so I took advantage of the opportunity to do a long, challenging workout.

I was thinking about the forums being down, and I hate for us all to post our email addresses here. So, if y'all would like, you could all send me an email or PM (just click on my user name) with your email address and I would be willing to start an email thread to everyone on the days the forums are down. What do you think?

Tami -- who made that Pilates workout you did? do you like it?

Bev -- GSCT is tough! I still have chest DOMS from doing it on Sunday! Sorry I don't have any hair product suggestions. My hair ("bangs") will be pulled back in a clip; I can't stand it in my face!

Kate -- Where are you on the beach? Walking in the surf is so awesome! BTW, the picture you posted over the weekend was so cute!

Carolyn -- I'm with you on cramming all of Cathe's tough ones into this last week -- I did a B&G premix yesterday, a DM premix today, Imax 3 is the plan for tomorrow, and BM2 for Thursday! I think we are gluttons for punishment -- good punishment, though!

Jerry -- LOL at you being one of the gals! How was DM? It is just so funny how many of us are doing it!

Terri -- DM for you, too? It's such a great workout! I loved your *Confessions*! I do lots of girly pushups throughout all her workouts; I'm just not good at man-sized pushups. :) And LOL about our secrets coming out at RT!

Colleen -- I don't have HSTA, but I have High Step Challenge. How do they compare?

Gin -- ME abs are tough! I don't have PS; is it good? I am really torn by vanity and working out the way I usually do and like to.

I think we all chimed in on our "hair plan." Now I want to ask you all (not you, Jerry :)) about your plan vis a vis makeup -- how much, if any, are you planning to wear during the RT classes? I sweat a lot, and I don't want makeup all over my towel or around the neck of my top, but, on the other hand, I don't want to look like a corpse in photos!!! I think I'm going to check out a couple of workout foundations. Primping and coiffing to work out just seems funny to me, but I've heard that you see it all -- from completely made up to nothing.

Have a great afternoon!

DM did as promised, thoroughly kicked my butt.

A few things from my DM experience...

I only use the step for the "football" drills and for tricep dips and pushups...I simply sweat waaaayyyy too much and my stability ball never seems to get dry enough for me to feel confident with.

I cannot do man pushups, per my doctors' orders, these can put too much pressure on my low back, so I have to modify them, I make them harder by slowing the rep pattern, it does make a difference.

Another sweaty issue..firewalkers...I couldn't keep the band from riding up because I was wearing shorts and I was soaked, so I added ankle weights to the lateral movements...OUCH!

I absolutely love the jumps and lateral hops.

I throw generic cardio moves in where Cathe is doing step routines...(jacks, jogging in place, jump rope)

I can't believe how heavy a stability ball can get when you hold it for what seems like forever...:eek:

I love this workout!!!

There will be another male on the trip, his name is Chris (kizuzu I believe his forum name is)....sure will make for a shorter wait for the showers!!....:7

Tomorrow is KPC day...I must get my fix of this one in once a week!

Kristi..

Just shot you off a PM with my e-mail

Thanks for the offer!

I, too, want to keep this check in group going after the RT!!

Got it, Jerry! Thanks! I REALLY hope the fans at Cathe's gym cut down on the sweating; otherwise, it could get really gross if we all sweat as much as we say we do! :)

Hi Kristi! I also sent you a PM with my email address.

As far as make-up goes, I am going to start the day with hair done and make-up (for vanity and picture taking) and then I am going to not worry about it. By the end of the day, I will look terrible but feel great!;)

Dumb question... does everyone change into "street clothes" for the lunch? I haven't really read the packing list yet. Just finished packing to send my kiddos off to church camp. I can only focus on one thing at time.

Can't wait! :D

Got your PM, Terri. That sounds like a good make-up/hair plan. I don't know about street clothes, but will also appreciate others' responses on that.

Hi everyone,

So this is Drill Max week? I haven't done any of the premixes on that and I need something different. Does it use the step alot? I try to only do step once a week and I save that for Fridays so I have longer to recover.

Ok I bought some very thin bands for my hair. I did get my hair cut short a few weeks ago but I'm letting my bangs grow out and we all know how that can drive us crazy. Now Jerry, I know you are going to have something funny to say to that one! I can be distracted by the stupidest thing like one piece of hair in my eyes. I normally don't care about my hair but I sure would like to come back with one good picture of me with Cathe and crew to hang in my workout room. And I would sure like to get a pic with all of us that have been checking in. That way you will all be smiling down on me when I'm sweating!

Have a good evening everyone. It's time for Stretch Max for me. And I also did Mow Max this afternoon!

Bev

Hi Everyone!

Kristi - sent you am email with my info. I am not going to worry about makeup. I am pale anyway so makeup doesn't do much for me in pictures. Good luck finding foundation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.