Julia Kate is BORN!!!

Wow, Kate, you are a champion baby-deliverer! I am completely in awe of your birth story - and it is such a fun one to share!!! Having a baby is a memory and joy all in it's own, but delivering your baby on your own in your bathroom - WOW!!! I bow down to you, you are the WOMAN!

And congrats on your new addition! I have three kids and can tell you it is so different from two, but the older ones love being big sister/brother. Many congratulations on your blessings!!!

Missy

new_arrival_congrats.gif

Welcome Julia Kate!!! Glad to hear you and mom are doing great!!

Kate....no doubt about it....you are Superwoman;)

JJ

Congratulations to you and your family. Wow, that's quite a story. Glad everything went well and can't wait for pictures.

OMG! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! She rushed in, to meet her new parents. How exciting!

Take care of each other,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

OMG, KATE!!!! That is an amazing story...as everyone has said, you ARE superwoman!!!!! I bet it was all those Cathe workouts!;) Congratulations to you and your family!!!! Thanks for letting us know!
congrats_3.gif

Wow, so impressed that you are able to come and tell us about the birth so soon.

:D:D:D:D:D:DCongrats!:D:D:D:D:D:D

(And oh how I wish my biggest baby were that small.)

HI Kate,

Julia made quite the entrance didn't she. :D Glad you are both doing well! Congratulations to you, Mike and the girls.

Get some rest SUPERWOMAN!!:p

Jenn

Yeah, Super Woman!

She's here! She's here!

Julia Kate was born last night around 7:20PM!!!!!!!!

I had my first contraction at 6:15, right after I made a HUGE turkey dinner for the fam. An hour later I pushed her out and caught her while on all fours on my bathroom floor! We tried to make it to the birth center but it happened so fast I couldn't get to the truck. The midwife got here shortly after I delivered the placenta.

The contractions started out 7 minutes apart, then all of the sudden they were 3 minutes apart. Then all of the sudden they were 1 minute apart and I knew I had to do it at home. I feel like SuperWoman!

Mike was in the bathroom with me but the poor guy....he was so scared! He was sweating so much it looked like he had just jumped in the lake. My mom had called 911, scared to death too, but when they got she was already delivered and everything was under control. They stayed for liability issues until my midwife got here and we sent them on their way.

Julia is a champion nurser and even slept thru the night for us!

Gina and Isabel are over the moon excited. Isabel can't keep her hands off of her! We're having them stay home from school today and maybe tomorrow too. Mike is being extra-helpful!

She weighs 7 lb, 14 oz! My biggest baby yet!

I will get a pic posted for you gals soon.
I hope you all have a GREAT day! We sure are!

Fixing the turkey dinner alone would have done me in....! Did you get to actually eat the dinner, or did this all happen just as you finished fixing it? If not, I hope they saved you some pie!

Oh my goodness Kate - what an amazing story! I could hardly believe what I was reading!!:eek: Welcome to the world Julie Kate and congratulations to you and your family - I am so happy for you and can't wait to see the pictures!! Hugs, Pennie

Congrats. I can't believe that! I would've been freaking out! Were you calm the whole time? Wow. Get some rest. You deserve it!:D

Congratulations on your dear baby girl. What a story you'll be able to tell her when she grows up!!! I hope you both are doing well. :D:D:D:D
elliemom

Wow, thats a fantastic storey and one that will always be special to your new daughter.

Hope they saved you a dinner plate:D

Now you can relax and enjoy her and still be ready for STS when it comes out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.