Joyous Mother's Day Week---Enjoying our Bambino Blessings

priscilla- about to go out the door, but wanted to tell you that yo udid the right thing! You oculd lose your license in teh long termn if that know it all girl had done somethign worse. You are going to be such a great momma, look how strong you are! Glad the new shoes helped. I am running on new ones today, and feel like a kid in a candy store about them. Like running on air!

Prcilla-how frustrating!! Good for you for taking care of it fast and getting rid of her. Im sure its a better environment now too! Sorry you had to deal with that.

Christine- have a nice run!

I did Walking Stronger this morning. Now im off to pack.
Oh..when I was 18 I graduated from Cosmetology school...so I cut dh's , haley, and my moms hair :D I worked for about 5 years but always had a horrible rash between the fingers I held up the hair with..I am allergic to hair belieive it or not! It wasnt my passion at all and I don't miss it one bit! Hate it in fact! But dont mind doing the family. Buzz cuts are easy Mel...I use a 4 from the bottom to about an inch above Paul's ears..then a 5 from there up. Once you get the hang of it..its really easy.

Ok..K should be getting up. Gotta get busy

Precila~ you did the right thing. I know how difficult it was for you. I've had similiar things, with clerks trying to give drug advise. I even once had a mom of an infant ask for drug advise. I gave my recommendation and then the clerk said, "Oh really. That's not what MY pediatrician says. She says it's okay to give .....". I was sooooo pissed. I finally had to have a talk with her that basically went like this, "I went to school for 9.5 years and have a doctorate degree in pharmaceuticals, do you?" and "I have to be comfortable with the recommendations I make, which may or may differ from the recommendation of another doctor" and "my recommendation is based from a new study that was published by the American Pediatric Association, I do my best to be on top of all studies so I can safely make recommendations to MY patients....do YOU read studies and are knowledgeable enough to interpret them?" It was ackward b/c she was also the bosses daughter in law....I put up with the crap for several years before finally going off on her (ironically when I was pregnant and intolerant). :p

I ran 3.5 miles. It felt good, but my shoes are shot and my knees are killing me. I might have to take tomorrow off or do something different tomorrow.

Okay, off to clean playroom!

Hi Ladeis
Been packing like a mad woman today. We are having a yard sale next weekend so getting ready for that too!

Melanie got a question for you about nursing. When I start to school K will be 10 months. I plan to nurse her in the mornings, when I get home and at night. Do you think that is enough at that point or should I pump also?? I know at 12 months she can have whole milk..but I plan on nursing probably 2 years. Anywayyyy-I was thinking I might need a pump...and this manual one I have aint gonna cut it!! I need some nursing advice!

Thanks for the cheers! I ran the whole thing and my cardio/lungs felt great!! Thanks Shaun T! I finished in 34 min and something seconds. It was really hot (90+ degrees) so I just took it easy and loved every second of it. My reward was a beer and pretzel at the end. :p I thought of you Mel when you ran with your friend during the half marathon and thought of you Christine pushing me and not letting me walk. I am sore so I soaked in epsom salt bath and feel better.

Priscila- Good for you for speaking your mind. It needed to be done and you have to protect your patients.

Christine- Did you make it 23 miles?

Melanie- I forget that you have a doctorate degree and every time I hear you say it, I am impressed. :D

Susan- I love yard sales! Wish I could come to yours!

Susan, are you planning on supplementing with formula then? You are sooooo close to the 12 month mark....why not just wait until her bday to taper down? Anywho....if you want to taper to just two feedings/day I think you'll be just fine. I nursed Jadon until a little past his 2nd bday. The last six months were just at bedtime & my milk was plentiful. Just decrease by one feeding/day over a 3-5 day period until your goal period and you'll be fine!

Jen, good job on your run! Do you have the distance bug now?

Susan, are you selling any fitness related stuff at your yard sale? I like yard sales too...but rarely go to any nowadays. It's just too hard to haul all the kids out of the car. lol

Christine, how was your run?

Jory looked so handsome for prom. It was alot of fun to see Grand March w/MIL and Madalynn. DH fished the entire day. Jadon has been really sick. Fever, cough, lethargic, sore throat. Not fun. Hope he feels better tomorrow so we can go to the pool together. Not sure about church yet....depends what everyone wants to do.

Morning!
I could of stayed in bed another 2 hours I think...but wanted to have coffee with dh. Im gonna miss our time in the mornings!

Melanie-the reason I am tapering off is because I will be in school during the day. Not sure if I will be able to come home for lunch etc. I don't want to supplement..thats why I was thinking I should pump. If she nurses anything like she does now it will be hard to decrease lol. I nurse on demand and she damands often!
Did you get any pics of Jory?? Would love to see him and his date! Sror;y Jadon is sick...hope he's more perky today. Im so sorry about your dad. I can't imagine what you are going through where he is concerned. I hope he is not suffereing any.
Just selling some vhs workouts...finally geting rid of my FIRMS...I copied to dvd the ones that arent availblable anymore...like Cardio Step Mix..love that one! Other than that..nope, no fitness stuff.

ETA-I saw the pic of Jory on Facbook...sooo handsome!

Jen-great job on your run!!!

Morning waves to everyone.......grrrr..just realized i should of started new thread!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.