Joyous Mother's Day Week---Enjoying our Bambino Blessings

melanalyus

Cathlete
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU, MY FAVORITE MOMMIES!!!!

Madalynn was up a little before 6AM & I'm waking up. Got alot to do today, just two days off before all this company comes. Jory is going to help me clean for a couple of hours & DH wants to take me out to eat.

I have five miles on tap & Squeeze stronger upper body (first time). I did BBL Abs last night & am hoping my abs will be on fire today!! It was a nice 20 minute challenge.

I would love to just spend the day cuddling & sniffing all my offspring. This is Mom's day....but I'd rather bounce all the glory back Above to the One who has given me my most favorite role in the whole wide world. I am blessed beyond words. Today, I would like to remember....I mean REALLY remember how lucky I am. Oh my heart aches for women who might never know these tremendous feelings; there is nothing like the emotion of love we have for our children. NOTHING. Ahhhhh... now I am a ball of tears. :D :D

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mommies! Mel, thanks for the tears...I got all choked up for the second time. My mom bought me this really nice frame with the poem inside about the baby being sent to Earth, having a conversation with God and calling his angel "Mom". I couldn't even finish reading it, I had so many tears. We had a great visit. :D

DH got up with James so I got to sleep in some. He made me breakfast and coffee and is now changing a poopy diaper. I told him that was his requirement today for Mother's Day. We are debating whether we want to go to the lake with the jetskis or hang out at MIL's pool. I'm leaning more towards the pool (yes, even with MIL) cause she bought a float for James and I want to take him swimming again. Plus, she really does love me and will make sure that DH takes care of me for Mother's Day. :p

Got my highlights and hair cut (the same thing, nothing new) and went to friend's bday party yesterday. It was fun; there were three other babies there ranging from 6,7,8 months and it was cute to see them all stare at each other. Of course, my kid was the cutest. ;) Also fit in STS back and biceps.

Christine- I LOVED the black bean salad!!! DH and mom liked it too (I think DH thought it was weird but he ate it) :p I will definitely make again. Perfect for summer here in Florida. I burned the bread; was having a beer on back porch and left it charcoalin' in oven while chattin. :eek:

Allison- Yay for Drew and his sleep! That is great! And for nookie!!! Hoping to fit some of the latter in this weekend before its over. Was just too darn tired last night...

Hi Susan, Priscila, Kendra, Lorren and anyone else I missed! I hope everyone has a wonderful blessed day!

HAPPY MOMMY DAY TO MYFAVORITE MOMMAS IN THE WORLD!!!
Mel- I have so many to get refunds for in teh Tylenol and Motrin category, we buy in bulk at costco. Should I be scared that JOhn and Jimmy have had some before the recall happened? I had checked the lot numbers earlier and they did not match teh recll, but sounds like everythign is being called in. Should I freak out?
Also, Melanie, I still do all my weights and stuff, just scale back a bit on teh cardio. I lift legs mondays and wed... I hope you like squeeze, I think she has the greatest figure.
Jen- Yay for a great start to teh day. Nobody in the house has remembered here yet. I am not saying anything, so that I can milk it later! Lay out by the pool! Have another beer!!!! More pics of James in action!
Jimmy slept without his overnight diaper and did great last ngiht. He got up and peed in teh potty! Yay!
I am turbo sore from my run yesterday, going to go slow for a shorter run today and then squeeze stronger and CLX extreme abs. I really like that one.
Jen, have you tried the weights/plates abs on sts disc yet? I like that one.
Susan, LIsa, priscilla, kendra, lorren, jusy, HIIIIIIIII!!!!!

jen- so glad that you liked the salad. I also have one that has black eyed peas and spinach. even DH likes it, and that says a lot!

Happy Mothers Day you wonderful Moms!
I look forward to chatting with you everyday!
I did disk 6 this morning to make up for Fridays workout when I was real sick. I hacked up a truckload of moucus during it too...gross I know! But I am back on schedule now.
Dh brought me my favorite mocha coffee this morning so I was nice and jacked up for my workout. Haley made me a few things at school. Its been a nice morning.
Melanie-sniff sniff! We are all so very lucky! thanks so much for the tylenol reminder. all of mine I had in the cabinet were recalled. Do I take them back to walmart??Oh and forgot to tell you..I still ahvent ordered the weights. I really need to go try them out first. That is just a chunk of money and I want to be sure!!

Waves to all my fav moms! I will be back!

Susan, click on link above and they'll have you enter Lot numbers and such. They will send you vouchers directly to your house.

Five mile therapeutic run is done. I cried for the first half. I'm very emotional today. My grandma said that my Dad told her, "I doubt I'll make it thru the week.". My mom told me he's either sleeping or in alot of pain. Urgh. Although I'm weepy....I am NOT depressed....this is a therapeutic cry. Big difference. Felt good.

Alrighty, back to cleaning!

Christine- You must have missed my post last week about the weight/plates one. I LOVED it! It was so super hard, esp the plate stuff at the end! Great for shoulders and arms too!!! So now that you told me about the spinach/blk eye pea salad, you know what's next right? :p Can you post it??;)

I have a bunch of the Tylenol too. SO is it safe to buy more right now? I'm just worried if he starts teething, can I buy what is on the shelf? I have to sit and go through mine but I know some of them have been recalled.

Okay ladies, off to the pool! Have a great day! I'll check back tonight! Will miss you!

Jen, have fun at the pool! I just got out of my hottub....it's finally fixed! :D

The recall is just for BRAND NAME Tylenol & Motrin. Do all you ladies buy brand name? I normally get generic, but it wasn't available so I happened to buy Tylenol this past time.

All the current supply being sold is safe (as long as the stores removed the recalled items as required). We cannot get brand name right now, just store bought.

Check the lot numbers that you have. We were told it was ALL lot numbers that are not expired. Don't feel bad about doses already given. The recall was a voluntary recall (not FDA mandated) and just a precautionary recall for safety. There is a chance that there may be no active ingredient in the medication, or a higher concentration of the medication.

Mealnie I usally by generic too, but last week when Haley got sick I got 3 bottles of Tylenol cold in different varieties. I am usually frugal
I am looking rough today. No shower, a huge cold sore from my nose to my lip all ooozy! My med will dry it up fast though. We were going out to lunch but I am just lazy. Im eating a Kashi pizza.
Hope everyone is having a nice day

Susan- You could be oozing adn bleeding adn have four heads and DH would still want a slice of that! Feel better! I personally think phlegm is fascinating, btw. I really do.
DH came home from his run and felt so bad for forgetting mothers day! We have had a peaceful day, both kids napping well. John took two one hour naps this mornign after sleeping last night from 7 till 4:30, I gave him a soft blankey and un swaddled him and he went back to sleep will 6. He slept teh whoel run this morning in the pouring rain and again before lunch and then after two jars of squash and chicken and brown rice, a two hour nap! Woo hooooo! I got 6 loads of laundry done and moppped and shined the floors while DH and Jimmy played legos. My living room looks like lego land. Oh well! I got 4 awesome new runnign outfits from DH. Yay! I have been making ribs low and slow in the oven all day. I am so excited. We are having buttermilk biscuis and garlic and herb pasta with them. Dh just got me some champagne. Mmmm!
Jen- I think we love the same kinds of wqorkouts (except that you are not a spet fan!). Hope you had a terrific day with MIL.
Mel- If you cannot do hills, try doing more plyometric stuff, like Insanity or the Cathe 40/20 or Pyramid from teh Hiit. The goal of hills is to go anaerobic and pump blood, and stress the muscled. I cannot push kids up the big hills so I sub by doing plyo and lift heavy on legs. And it works! Yesterdays 21 miler had a four mile hill and I rocked it. It is nice to vary things anyhow! Yes, run on the track for speed! I am so happy that you are runnign again!
Priscilla and LIsa- Missing you gals! How was tehe drive Lisa?
Allison- Dh is home! Hooray. I would have backed the car out while he walked into the house nad disappeared!
Okay, got to go make some barbecue sauce. mmmm good!
BBL gals. :)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS!!!!
I hope your day was absolutely wonderful today! I woke up missing my dear family more than ever, specially my mom. My two younger sister took her out to eat and I just wished I was there. This is a special day for me since it's my first official mother's day with my baby in my arms!!
Well, went to church this morning and then ate at Olive Garden, did pretty well at first, no pasta but then had some lemon cream cake, got to sweat it out now LOL

Hey, I must tell you all, ever since I bought the Nike free, my ankle has been gradually improving. I actually ran/walked 3 miles two daya ago and no major problem. I am not 100% recovered but getting there!

BB tomorrow for personal, enjoy the rest of the day!!

hey ladies! Sounds like everyone had a good Mother's Day. Reese slept most of the 5 hr drive ( 2 1/2 hr each way) to visit my grandmas. Caden, on the other hand, was a mess. We survived though...and may be purchasing a dvd player for the van a little earlier than expected. I had a good day but ate and drank too much and moved too little! I will not touch the scale for at least a few days!
Melanie-Thanks for the reminder. I buy generic, so I guess I'm good on this one.
Christine-I had a dream with you in it. I was going out for a run, and when I passed your house, you had a big glass of water ready for me. hmm...i think the roles should have been switched though.

Off today and working Tues-Sat. Hope to bbl to catch up a bit more.

Lisa~ Glad your trip went smoothly

Christine~ I had intentions of doing Squeezing Stronger...but could not fit in a second workout yesterday. :(

Yesterday was challenging. The AM went well, DH took me out to eat & Jory babysat the boys. Then I had a friend stop by (3 hrs late), then Jory's prom date's mom came by to "meet us" (2 hrs), the girls screamed nonstop from 4-9PM, then about 9PM a neighbor stopped by to tell me that Jory "broke into their abandoned shed & made a hideout". Ugh. So....I spent 9-11PM talking with the owner of the shed, other parents,...what kind of punishments,....blah blah blah. We're hoping that the owners won't press charges they are good friends with the Sheriff. Parenting can be so challenging!

I took an Ambien lat night at midnight b/c I was still all wound up. Today I feel very overwhelmed. :( I have just today to finish cleaning for company that comes over tomorrow night....mainly to prepare Jory's room for her to stay in. DH is AWOL as normal.

Anywho, hope to get a run in today....but at this point would like a nap. I"m so thankful that I'm not feeling depressed on top of being overwhelmed! Life is tough enough without depression.

Things are following into place. Laundry is almost done. Jory's room is clean for company. Floors mopped, bathrooms clean.

Girls need baths today. They have their 6 month check up on Wednesday. My friend & I are going with the girls. I plan on stopping at Goodwill/Consignment shop to look at some new pants as mine are falling off of me.

Money is tight. I used to work a couple extra shifts in town to help pay for added "life" expenses. I wanted to take the time off to be with the girls but we keep on having things break and such. I might need to add a shift a month or so. I'd like to make it to the one year mark before hand....but I'm not sure how much further that will put us back financially. I'm not sure how we're going to pay for our trip to Kenosha yet. *sigh* God will provide, He always does.

It's quiet around here. I hope I didn't scare everyone away!!!

Nope not scared here Mel! Just busy at work! ;)

Melanie- I'm sorry to hear about the tough parenting situation you were put in. It is so nice to hear that you are able to sit down with the other parents and discuss how to handle the situation. Too many times in my job I find that the parents don't stick together and "battle" each other and it is so exhausting. I'm glad you feel better and today is better. I wish I could hug you! :D

Christine- Thank you for the recipe! Will have to make it this week! Perfect summer salad. I am eating the leftover of the black bean one today at lunch and it so much better after sitting for two days!! We are very similiar in our workouts except I am not a warrior when it comes to running!

Lisa- I agree with you on the eating/drinking! Need to do Insanity tonight to work it all off!

Priscila- I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. It's tough when you don't get to see your own mom. ((HUGS)) Good to hear about your ankle!!

Had a great day at the pool with DH, James and MIL. We did address the ice cream issue and all is good. She was very understanding about it. It was a perfect day all in all.

Okay off to get some work done. Busy busy today...

Thanks Jen! Sometimes I feel so needy & I don't want to exhaust our friendships here!

The girls have been taking a marathon-nap. I wish I could have a crystal ball & predict these moments I woulda did a workout video or something. Now I'm thinking they'll be up any minute so I don't want to start one. You know how that goes!

It is nasty outside today. Windy, gray, under 40 degrees. Not sure where our Spring went but I hope it comes back soon.. It's not fun running outside like this.

It sounds like everyone pigged out for Mom's DAy. LOL Me too. I had a seafood platter that was almost as big as our entire table. :eek: Then the waitress brought me a carafe of Mountain Dew. :eek: Of course, I didn't drink it all with the nursing girls and all....but I did have a couple glasses.

Pricila & Jen....this was your FIRST Mom's Day. How extra special. :D

Jen, we are very proactive when it comes to our kids. Teenage years are by far the most difficult on the child. You have to be so careful, it's a delicate balance. I got to hold my big boy last night as I told him once again how much I love him and that we WOULD get thru this (we both cried). He was shaking he was so scared & I'm looking at him with anger thinking to myself....here he is LOOKING like a man....but he's totally a little boy inside. That's what's so tough about teenagers. They think & look like grown ups....but they are far far away from BEING a grown up.

hi! not scared mel! busy! jimmy and dh leave for arizona tomorrow so had to get everyone packed and get to target and whole foods today. packed and sad to see my baby go for the week. this is the first time i have been away like this. :( i am going to work out like crazy while they are gone, though. weights and weights and weights! and insanity! abs! woo hoooooo! i am still sore from saturday. my pace was faster than usual and it really zapped me.
melanie- you are doing great. i do not know how you juggle it all. lots of hugs and love...
jen- i have tons of salads like the bean one. i love those, and wrap them up in a tortilla the next day. mmmmm. glad mil was so underst\anding.
ok, typing one handed again. bbl!

Christine~ I don't know how you can find time for your long runs & additional workouts. You must be the most time-saavy person I know!!! I am thinking about trying BBL High & Tight.

DH is at the dump dropping off pebbles that he took out of our rock garden. We have a pile of dirt in our yard now. Nice. Really nice with company coming and all. *sigh*. Poor Jadon fell asleep waiting for his Dad to return in the bay window ledge. What a cutie pie. Okay, I'm off to try to do some workout of somesort. lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.