Jogglers March 2011

Morning ladies!

Jane - I hate that time of year where the pollen is so thick you need a knife to cut a path through! So proud of you that even tired you managed a workout! I hate hail!

Alisha - I'm just having trouble getting going again! lol I'm waiting for my E string to snap! It's already wearing and I had hoped it would last a while! It won't take me long to get back to where I was when I quit lessons to move. I hope the weatherman guessed right for you and you have a lovely day!

I took the night off last night from 1RM tests. I was exhausted for some reason. Picking back up tonight. I should be done by Saturday at the latest. Not sure what I'll do for that next week yet to fill the gap. Maybe try to get some running done. We'll see.

Have a lovely day today! We might actually hit 50! Woo-hoo!

Tricia-What kind of strings are you playing?

I plan to get some yoga mid morning and I might do some MMA/jogging this afternoon. Its sunny and warm out there, I hate to waste it.

Alisha

Oh, Alisha! They've been on my violin so long I can't even remember what they are! They haven't been played much, but I have a hard time keeping an e-string! I think I've broken two - one each time I take it out to start practicing again! lol I can't afford expensive strings, but do you have any recommendations on what I should get? I know I'll need new ones relatively soon.

I wish we had sunny and warm! It was warmer today, but only 50. We've got rain coming for tomorrow and Friday - a nor'easter. Those are usually pretty nasty, but hopefully it won't be too bad. So, it'll be colder again! Sigh.

I completed another round of 1RM tests today. I used my 20 lb. weighted vest and hoisted 51 pounds over my head to test for squats. It still wasn't enough! I swear I could squat over 100 lbs if I had a Smith machine! I think the 1RM tests on the legs are pointless unless you are in a gym with a trainer.

Tricia- Because of their age, thats why they snap on you (which I hate!!!). I play Thomastick Dominants, I buy them online from Southwest Strings. For a full set its just 40 bucks. Its like buying vitamins and protein powder, always cheaper online;) Which reminds me, its time to buy strings.

I did my joggle yesterday and it was really hot in the afternoon. It was in the 80s and I just pooped out at the end. :eek: I might take a rest day or I might do some strength training later.

Alisha

Hi All,

The clouds turned to sun this afternoon so it was a great evening for a workout in the yard. The temps were on the cool side as well. Here is my workout.

40 Squared
2 Rounds
40 Step ups
40 Swings
40 Walking Lunges
40 Sit ups
40 Ball Slams
40 Push Presses
40 Push ups
400m Run

Alisha ~ It will take you a couple of weeks to get used to the heat.

I love the violin. It's a beautiful instrument. I played the piano for about 3 months and that was it. I'm not musical.

Hope everyone has a great night!

Alisha - I think those are the strings my instructor had told me to use. Great that you got a joggle in even though it was hot!

Jane - I tried to learn piano back when I was young, but I didn't stick with it.

I can't find the new thread. Alisha, did you start one? I don't want to start one if you've already done it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.