Jogglers March 2011

Tricia- I hope you had a better night last night.

Jane- It was a wise decision to take those rest days, you don't want to blow your race for a mediocre mid week workout.

Lisa- I bet you had a good doggle today.

I went for a long hike rather than a joggle. I just wasn't feeling up to it. Its nice and sunny now but earlier it was very foggy.

Have a great weekend everybody!! Especially you Jane, I hope that race is just perfect!

Alisha

Jane - Good luck on Sunday! I hope your mom is feeling better by race day! We did get some rain, but not as much as they were talking about. That part was good. I only wish it had rained through tonight. That would have kept the neighbor inside. So far so good last night and tonight. Of course, it didn't help my stress level last night. This morning I got up and had dropped another 1.2 lbs. overnight! I had cheesecake and 2 glasses of wine for dinner last night. I can't wait for Stephen to get home! I know just having him here will help my stress dissipate quite a bit.

Alisha - I'm glad you had an enjoyable long walk! Sometimes, it's nice just to go a long time without pushing so hard and just enjoy the weather and the scenery!

I did Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X tonight. Man, my legs are killing me! They always do! I'm going to do Kenpo X tomorrow, then try Sean's new Hiit workout on Sunday. 2 more weeks of P90X! Woo-hoo! I'm starting to lean towards getting my running back up for 2 weeks while I do my 1RM tests instead of a circuit rotation, then starting STS back up. I don't know yet for sure. I keep changing my mind! lol :eek:

Wish me luck that the neighbor stays in his house tonight! They don't come out until around 10 p.m. usually to avoid traffic and anyone being outside to see what they're doing. 2 more days and my honey will be home! Thank goodness!

Have a great night and have a fabulous weekend!

Hi ladies,
I did STS Full Body Friday and Chip Max Saturday and today. The time change is screwing with my sleep schedule of course. Hope I can get in bed early tonight and get things worked out.

Jane - Have a great race!

Alisha - Hope you had a great hike.

Tricia - Hope you are feeling better, hubby is home and creepiness is done. Thanks for the CC link. Downloading it now.

Lisa

Lisa - Nice workouts! I'm sure Chip is happy to have this weekend! Seems like you don't get to ride as often as you used to, but you said that would happen. Enjoy the day!

Jane - Hope your race is going well! Fly like the wind!

Stephen will be home tonight! I was nervy yesterday morning for a while, but got Kenpo X out and punched and kicked like a maniac and felt so much better!

Today, I'm going to try out the new HiitCoach workout. We'll see how far I can get! lol I also have some Zumba clips to check out from www.sweatandthecity.com that look like lots of fun!

Alisha - Have a great Sunday!

Hi Cindi wherever you are! Miss you, girl!

Happy Sundog!!

Its a gray Sundog. Its my rest day. All I did this morning was go to the CVS for some multi vitamins and vitamin c. I see a never ending sea of rain in the forecast. It looks like its going to be a Cathe fest at my house.

Lisa-Chip max sounds like Chocolate Chip Max, it isn't, it just sounds that way.:D

Tricia-Well, its good that you won't be a lonely gus anymore. Just tell Stephen its his own fault for being good company, you have now been officially spoiled.

Jane-How was your race?

Alisha

Happy Birthday!

to me!!!! I plan Drill Max later today. I will be baking myself a cake today. Its really for my mother, since she did all the work;) I am 33 years young today!

Have a great Monday!

Alisha

Alisha - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy your day and your cake! yum! Wow, 33! You're a youngster still! Enjoy the heck out of it! lol Keep your chest waders handy through all those rainy days and have fun with Cathe!

Jane - I'm with Alisha. Need a race recap!

Lisa - Hope riding was fun this weekend! Have a great Monday (what's left of it!).

Hi Everyone!

I'm still trying to recover from the 1/2 yesterday morning. It was a great race and I got a PR, shaving off over 8 minutes from my last half marathon. It was a beautiful morning with temps in the high 40's. Due to the time change it was still dark when we took off but the sun was coming up when we hit the bridge. It was so beautiful and cool to see all these runners go up the bridge. I didn't sleep good the night before and my knees felt a little wonky. I learned my lesson at the last 1/2 and made sure I was hydrated. I took both gatorade and water at every water stop. I caught up to the 2:45 pace group and managed to over take them at mile 10 or 11. They were noisy and a little annoying so I tried to keep ahead of them. I felt ok going into mile 12. I was starting to feel a little dizziness but I really tried to push it because I was almost there. I managed to run most of the mile 12 compared to the last marathon were I walked most of the 12. I was so happy to see mile 13. There were lots of spectators and it was great to see my mom and sister waving from the finish line. Overall a great race and lots of fun. The weather was picture perfect.

Thank you for all the good thoughts!!

Alisha ~ Enjoy your 33rd birthday and the cake!! Sounds great! Drill Max is a great birthday workout!

Tricia ~ I hope Stephen made it home!

Hi Lisa!

No workout for me today although I'm heading down to the library to help them move books.

Jane- Thanks for the birthday cake!! Congrats on your PR, 8 min. is a big deal.

Tricia- I get the feeling that Stephen won't know what hit him the second he walks through the door:p

Lisa- Had a good doggle lately?

I ended up going for a jog! It was dry for just one hour and I did get rained on in my cool down, just a few drops but I was glad to be done because the down pour started shortly thereafter. I did BM2 Time saver this morning. Thats a lot of plyos:eek: Tomorrow will be that Drill Max workout I had planned. The only segment I can't do is the one with the ball against a wall, none of my walls are bare. Maybe the door will work. I had a great birthday yesterday, my brother took me to dinner at Taco Loco. I had a shrimp burrito and a corn quesadilla. It was so good I ate the whole thing.

Of course, today, I'm back to being good:p I had a banana and some granola for breakfast. I have some pork and shitake mushrooms for lunch.

Hi ladies!

Jane - Congrats again on such a fabulous race! Stephen got home around 11 p.m. and we got home around 12:30 a.m. Monday morning. We slept in (I took the day off). I'm still pretty darn tired, but hoping to feel a little better tomorrow!

Alisha - Stephen loved his cookies! I made him chunky monkey pancakes for breakfast yesterday. We're back into our routine!

He brought me a pair of Google capris! They are so cute! My friend who owns Passaggio Winery left a bottle of her unoaked Chardonnay at Round Pond Winery for Stephen to pick up. She's such a sweetheart! I'm excited to finally get to try her wine! It drives me nuts not being able to buy wines direct online. Oh, well.

I didn't work out tonight. I had Plyometrics on the schedule, but I'm so exhausted that I knew I would probably hurt myself not being fully alert! So, day off today and, hopefully, better rested tomorrow!

I ran errands after work and picked up Supreme-90 DVD workout program at Bed, Bath & Beyond. It's only $20 and I had a BB&B coupon for $5! Couldn't pass it up! It looks pretty good from the clips online. We shall see. I have my STS on my calendar with my TurboFire cardio. I can't wait to see the results from THAT combo! 2 more weeks on P90X! I think I'll work on my running for 2 weeks while I do my 1RM tests. That's the way I'm leaning today! lol

Have a terrific night! Beware what's left of the Ides of March!

Hi Everyone,

Here is my workout for today. It was so beautiful tonight. I think it was in the 80's with a cooling breeze.

5 rounds
20 kb swings
20 SDHP
20 kb swings
10 1-arm swings left
10 1-arm swings right
10 kb presses left
10 kb presses right
Then
Bicycles and plank work

Alisha ~ I'm glad you had a great birthday!!

Tricia ~ So happy that Stephen is back and your life is back to normal. I was so tired today but the weather was so nice, I had to get out there and do a workout. I think I'll be in bed before 9:30 tonight.

Hi Lisa ~ Hope all is well with you.

Have a great night!

Jane- I wish we had some of that good weather. Its cold, hailing and raining and its supposed to be like that for 8 days. bleh.

Tricia- Pancakes sound good! I'm glad Stephen made it back.

If I bark do you think Lisa would notice?

I am taking a yoga day. I got 5 different yoga dvds, almost all Shiva Rae for my birthday. The thing is, I pretty much have all of Cathe's DVDs.:D I'm going to do one of the beginners discs. I like Shiva's production quality, she films in really beautiful locations like the desert or close to a waterfall. Tomorrow will be a joggle at the community center. There is a really good trail and a place I can park for free. I don't want to run in my neighborhood because its trash day, and I really hate smelly trash cans.

Alisha

Hi Everyone,

Here is my workout for today! We are having another beautiful day!! I can't wait until I can get outside and workout.

Warm up -150 Jump Ropes
Then
10 Rounds
Alternate exercise every round
10 Sandbag Jump Squats/Ball Slams
5 Push ups/5 Atomic Manmakers (my sister is going to kill me for this one)
10 Walkouts/1-Arm Sit ups (5/5)
5 Box Drills/Pull ups
Then
Shuttle Runs of 100m/200m/300m/400m - rest 30 seconds between runs

Alisha ~ I'm sending you some sunshine and warm temperatures. We could use a little rain. Everything is covered in yellow pollen. Enjoy your yoga workouts. Sounds like you had a great birthday.

I think we should both bark then Lisa will really notice us.

Hi Lisa and Tricia ~ Hope you guys are having a great day!!

Hi you two! Arf, arf! (trying to get Lisa' attention for you!)

Alisha - Nice that you got Shiva Rhea for your birthday! I really like her yoga, too! Wishing you some nice weather as well! We're supposed to be almost 60 tomorrow and sunny, but then we get rain again for 2 days, plus it rained today as well and was chilly and raw!

Jane - Nice workout today! Gotta get the sun while the gettin's good! Maybe we should all bark?

I did Shoulders & Arms today without the ab workout. Didn't have enough time. I signed up for a webinar at 7 p.m. and was rushed to make it! Barely got anything to eat either. I"m going to need to fix something else.

We have our client party tomorrow night - a big St. Paddy's Day party with bagpipes and a band! Should be fun. Probably won't check in tomorrow because of it, but I'll fill you in on Friday!

Arf, Lisa, arf . . .yip!

I went for a joggle and did SM1 this afternoon. The weather looks like rain for at least 8 days straight. So, that means a major Cathe fest.

I'm heading down to the kitchen for some veggie soup. Catch you tomorrow,

yip yip <chirp chirp chirp>

Alisha

Hi Everyone,

I didn't do the shuttle runs from the workout last night. The workout was brutal and I had nothing left.

Here's my workout for tonight. Another beautiful night and no rain in sight.

Run 200m
Jumping Jacks for 2 minutes
Then 3 rounds of:
20 Squats
20 Push ups
20 Sit ups
Then - Max # of rounds in 12 minutes
10 swings
10 suitcase deadlifts
20 Sumo Squats

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Happy St. Patties (yesterday!)

I might go for a hike this morning or I might do a Cathe disc this evening/late afternoon. I haven't decided. Its dry for the next couple of hours but I did go for a run last night and I try to have 24 hours between runs. Maybe I will do both:eek:

I was having some trouble with my birthday cake this morning. It was calling to me so I had a little bit and then I threw the rest out. Nobody else is going to eat it and I don't want to be cheap, eating it to save money, when I know how long it takes me to lose weight. So, out it went.

Alisha

Hey Everyone,

I forgot to post on Friday. Here was workout:

Max Rounds in 30 minutes
3x 50 yard (approx.) Sprint
1x Walking Lunges up the Driveway
2x up and back - Med Ball Tosses
1x up and back farmer's walk

Yesterday I took a rest day. I went shopping with my sisters.

This morning I did a 8 mile run. Yippee Skippy!!! It felt good and it was beautiful outside!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.