Jillian Michaels 90 day Body Revolution

I have Killer Buns and Thighs.

It's a good one! Of course, I love all of her workouts. I find them extremely effective.

dustbunny2 said:
Has anyone finished the 90 Day Revolution, or even part of it? i've been curious about it for a while now.

I have done all the workouts from each phase, but I didn't do the 90 day program. The program is designed for those starting from square one, so phase one will be easy for you if you are used to Cathe. Phase two and three ramp it up. Phase three has moves in it I've never done before; some really tough stuff to work up to. The workouts are thirty minutes, and I have been using them as add ons. Each workout consists of compound cardio and resistance training. It's a solid program and the workouts are fast paced. You will sweat!

Is Jillian's cueing in this one better than on her other DVDs? And does the workout do a better job of "doing to one side what you do to the other?" I count the reps in her workouts, because she doesn't consistently perform the same number of reps on the second leg (if she even exercises the second leg, which she fails to do sometimes!).

I'm thinking about getting this series. Summer break is making workouts tough. My Cathe DVDs are collecting dust; apparently mom being interested in something for 60 minutes is too much for the kids to handle. Sigh. But I can keep them at bay for 30 minutes. :)

Last edited:
PennStater said:
Is Jillian's cueing in this one better than on her other DVDs? And does the workout do a better job of "doing to one side what you do to the other?" I count the reps in her workouts, because she doesn't consistently perform the same number of reps on the second leg (if she even exercises the second leg, which she fails to do sometimes!).

I'm thinking about getting this series. Summer break is making workouts tough. My Cathe DVDs are collecting dust; apparently mom being interested in something for 60 minutes is too much for the kids to handle. Sigh. But I can keep them at bay for 30 minutes. :)

I have to say that her cueing is terrible on these. There is no counting reps; it's just getting your max in the time allotted. That is kind of hard when you want to make sure to work both sides equally. They are good workouts, though.

PennStater said:
Thanks, Natalie, for the quick reply.

I think I'll try them, and do my best to keep things even on both sides :)

If you've done P90X, it's just like that with the reps/set. I just make a goal for each interval, and then make sure I keep it even on the other side. I think because you're used to doing that with Cathe, it won't be an issue for you. :)

I have Body Revolution and I just can't click with it, I did 1 week and I truly regret buying it. I like Jillian as an instructor, I have most of her DVDs but there is something about this one I don't like. I'm not a fan of compound moves and know she loves them that alone should of been my first clue this set wasn't for me, but the infomercial was so convincing that I thought I would give it a shot.

...Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.