Jillian Michaels 90 day Body Revolution

nkhansen1

Cathlete
I just ordered her new metabolic workouts after seeing the commercial for them. They look pretty dang challenging! Having done Cathe for years, P90X and Insanity, it looks like Jillian has taken the best of those programs and crammed them into 30 minute workouts. They look like great add-ons or for when you're short on time. Does anyone else have these?

Body Revolution

that's ok nkhansen1, b/c the other one is on the like the 3rd page over, so it would b easy to miss....i'm glad u started another one.....i really want to order this, but still on the fence....i'm hoping the price goes down, but it seems like it's very popular so that may be unlikely anytime soon.....but please let us know what u think after doing a couple of workouts or so...i just have several other "systems" that i haven't done yet, so i really don't want another one to add to my collection right now.....but it looks so tempting....plus the 30 minutes seem perfect for me right now especially since i'm getting ready to start back running.....again please tell us what u think:)

I will definitely post after I do one or two from each "mesocycle." :) I agree, it is a little pricey for what you get:confused:. And I'm also a bit irritated that Jillian says that she "coined" the term "metabolic workout" since she most certainly did not!

Congrats for ordering these Natalie!

Are you familiar with Jillian?.........I am :eek:

Let me tell you, she bangs a lot of punch in 30min. I have all of her DVD's (except 2). Her latest, Shed&Shred, level 2 kicked my booty in 30min flat. I was sore and sweaty. The next day, big DOMS........and here's the kicker, it was not even a full weight training w/o! I'm certain you are going to get fabulous results. Her stuff, no matter how much you dislike her, is no joke.

About her coining the term "metabolic training", she has mentioned this in her older workouts like 30-Day Shred (ya, but I'm not sure if she "coined it"). I remember doing this w/o when I was shedding my post baby weight, and she said "metabolic training, Hiit training, is the best way to burn fat" or something along those lines. She, like Cathe, uses weights in her cardio w/o along with isometric and compound exercises. Kinda like in Afterburn. BUT she is not Cathe. Can't even compare. She's different, but different is good too.

Good luck! I hope you like her!

Last edited:
Natasha, I borrowed a couple of Jillian's workouts from a neighbor a few years ago, and I did like her. She has her own style and her own strengths. Her style kind of reminded me of Tracie Long, whom I just love. Tracie also does shorter workouts that still pack a powerful punch. I'm excited to start Jillian's new stuff!

I also ordered her new system and can't wait to start it. I previewed some of them and they look fantastic. I love the resistance band but am wondering if you could up the resistance? The meal plan looks a bit complicated to me. I'm not a big cooker. I like easy and hardly and ingrediants. Jackie Warner has a meal plan that is sooo easy to follow.

wonderwoman said:
I also ordered her new system and can't wait to start it. I previewed some of them and they look fantastic. I love the resistance band but am wondering if you could up the resistance? The meal plan looks a bit complicated to me. I'm not a big cooker. I like easy and hardly and ingrediants. Jackie Warner has a meal plan that is sooo easy to follow.

I'm sure you can up the resistance. I certainly plan to! I have a full set of resistance tubing, so I will definitely use them. I am vegan, so I won't follow her diet plan, but I really like her cookbook, Mastering Your Metabolism.

Natasha - do you have Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs? If so what do you think?

If anyone else has it, I'd love to hear what you think. I have to do a lot of lower body workouts so I get bored and like a ton of variety. I have all of Cathe's (have not done LBB yet but will be doing it soon in the February rotation, which I am starting on Saturday ... a month late)

I just ordered Jillians 6 week, 6 pack. I can't wait to try it, as i have never tried Jillians workouts before. I am hoping to tighten my abs ( mid 40 spread) I am curious if i will like her style. I have all Cathe, and P90X.
Ann Marie

Natasha - do you have Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs? If so what do you think?

If anyone else has it, I'd love to hear what you think. I have to do a lot of lower body workouts so I get bored and like a ton of variety. I have all of Cathe's (have not done LBB yet but will be doing it soon in the February rotation, which I am starting on Saturday ... a month late)

Susan, you are going to LOVE Feb's rotation! I stuck with it.....almost to a T.....and I can notice a nice difference in my legs & rear (even my DH says I should stay on this rotation forever. Ha ha funny guy). 1 more week and I'm off to start another rotation.

Oh ya, Jillian's Killer Buns & Thighs, lost my train of thought there. Nope, that's the only one in addition to her Shred It With Weights, I don't have. I love Paul Katami for Kettle Bell. Do you have Killer Buns & Thighs?

Natalie, are you going to follow Jillian's eating plan Vegan style? I think you can do it. She has you take the "oxidizer" test. Have you done this? Apparently, I'm a balanced oxidizer. Perhaps this is true. I find that my body needs an equal amount of protein, carbs & fat at each meal to be satisfied. That's why me and low carb don't mix :)

Natasha, I am going to see if the eating plan is adaptable. Her cookbook is fairly easily made vegan. I haven't done the oxidation test, but I think I'm like you: low-carb and I do not get along. I've done Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle for quite a some time, and the 50/30/20 ratio works really well for me.

Susan, you are going to LOVE Feb's rotation! I stuck with it.....almost to a T.....and I can notice a nice difference in my legs & rear (even my DH says I should stay on this rotation forever. Ha ha funny guy). 1 more week and I'm off to start another rotation.

Oh ya, Jillian's Killer Buns & Thighs, lost my train of thought there. Nope, that's the only one in addition to her Shred It With Weights, I don't have. I love Paul Katami for Kettle Bell. Do you have Killer Buns & Thighs?

Natasha, no I don't have Jillian's Killer Buns & Thighs. I put a hold on it from my library but there are 4 people ahead of me. It will be a loooong time before it comes my way. You seem to be the Jillian guru here, so I thought I would ask. I have a lot of her workouts too, but she seems to move so fast from one exercise to another, her workouts seem very spastic and almost stressful. I used to love Jillian, but now I have my Cathe :)

As for Feb rotation, good for you! That is awesome. I am excited to start it, hoping for change. My lower body is pretty strong, but I can't lift heavy (40lbs is probably my max for squats because of low back issues) so it really is a struggle to achieve the look I want. I am planning on following it pretty closely as well, but I can only work out 5 days a week, so I will be doubling up on weekends when I can devote 90-120 minutes if needed. All of the workouts will be covered in the 4 weeks, but not precisely in that order. Hope that doesn't negatively impact me too much.

You seem to be having great results with everything you have been doing. Did you take before pics? I sure hope so. If Cathe ever does a commercial, you totally need to be her spokesperson! :)

It looks like Netflix is about to get it, so if you have a Netflix account you can try it before buying it.

Hi ladies! I have done Killer Buns and Thighs a couple of times. There are 3 different levels, and I have only done the moderate level one so far. It is 40 minutes long and pretty tough! I think my legs are in pretty good shape, but I get major DOMS from it. I really like it, but for some reason I have a high level of dread factor with it! HTH!

Natalie!!! Did you get it yet??? Post when you tried it or PM me please.

Now you guys made me want to get Killer Buns!! I may perhaps download it. Thanks :)

exercise-lover
Yes, Jillian's w/o's can be jarring depending on which one you do. She loves high impact, plyo moves. Actually, she alternates between plyo, weight training, body weight compound and isolation exercises throughout most of her w/o's. To give you an example, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (cardio w/o) she will do jump squats for 15-20 reps and then punching (low impact). I find her most jarring to be 6 week, 6 pack and Ripped in 30. Her most fluid w/o, IMO is Shed&Shred. She is also a big fan of planks & plank related exercises. So if you just hate/cannot do mountain climber's, plank-jack's, burpee's, push-ups, then look elsewhere. You are sure to find them in each and every w/o she puts out because the are very challenging and get your HR up.

Good luck!

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.