Jewelry makers

lesliemarie

Cathlete
Does anyone make their own bracelets? I was wondering if you do where do you get your beads at, I am looking for a safe online bead store, the stores here don't sell the beads I want to use. And what kind of wire or string do you use? I am trying to break into a new hobby LOL.

go to www.Firemountaingems.com or call 1800-423-2319 and they will send you a huge catalog that has all the goods. The last catalog I got was 675 pages and it was free. They also ship according to weight. I like wire personally, I am just a newbie though. you can also go to www.wigjig.com and they got losts of free projects with wire. I use different gauge wire according to the project. get the catalog. Hope I helped:)

What are your favorite beads, I was looking at the cat eye glass beads. this is my first time trying this out but I really like the ones people have been makinging and I realy want to try my hand at it

I like the glass cane beads, I want to do something with that. i had to look up the cats eye beads,those are pretty cool. I like anything that is shimmery and different. Now that I had to get the catalog out I really liek these dichroic glass beads...ohhh $26.36 a bead, guess not..haha. I also wanted to try that process where you melt glass with a blowtorch to make your own beads, but I am afraid I'd set the house on fire, but it really can turn out cool. I look to see if I can find any interesting cats eye bead designs on the net.

Artbeads.com, 2bead.com, astralbeads.com, jewelrysupply.com

Also check out the magazine Bead Style. It is a year old - bimonthly and it has a slew of suppliers in it not to mention ideas.

Good Luck,

Dawn

I like jewelrysupply.com. See if they have what you are looking for! Then there's always ebay. :)

Beadalon (sp?) is great for stringing. Lightweight and strong!

Try these sites for beads: bali-silver-beads.com, eebeads.com, and shipwreck-beads.com. I know some places that sell beads and this is where they get them.

Another vote here for firemountaingems.com because they have EVERYTHING! And they have things you had no idea existed. Clasps and findings and beads and threads and tools........ it's a jewelry makers dream.

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone knows where to get plain ring bands to solder things onto.
I've looked at the Fire Mountain catalog and they don't have them. Looked on-line too, but haven't found anything yet.
Thanks!
Kelly

I buy cheap vintage jewelry or cheap costume jewelry ...also some of the stuff I used to like but am bored with...and I take them apart & make new stuff.

One of my Ebay buddies made several fabulous charm bracelets using earring "one-ies" (mate lost) & they were just wonderful & highly unique. I bought the pink one & wear it often.

I had a good source for beads & crystals on Ebay but can't find his card. You could probably find him & others by trying several different searches.

Also, Simply Whispers catalogue has some stuff for making your own, but they ain't cheap! Not expensive, just more than they need to be, IMO.

Have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.