January 2014 Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! Happy 2014. I hope your holiday was everything you wanted it to be. This month almost everyone in the universe is starting their New Years Resolutions and of course one of the top three every year is to lose weight. With that in mind this month is going to focus on metabolic workouts and heavier lifting. Both of these types of workouts burn body fat, rev the metabolism and help you lose inches. In addition metabolic workouts, in which the focus is on compound movements, are great because they keep your body releasing growth hormone to ensure as much strength and muscular growth as possible while dieting. The key to this rotation is that it MUST accompany a clean diet or your results will be minimal for fat loss. But what better time than now to want to eat clean and purge unnecessary body fat! Let’s Do this!!!

WEEK ONE

Mon…..After Burn Plus Abs Circuits Weight and Plates
Tues….. Gym Style Legs
Wed….Flex Train Plus Kick Max (leg conditioning drills only)
Thurs…..Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Fri….Cardio Core Circuits
Sat….Gym Style Back Shoulders and Biceps
Sun….OFF

WEEK TWO

Mon…..X10 in its entirety (or try a 60 minute premix)
Tues…..BodyBlast series Legs and Glutes
Wed…. Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Thurs…..Supercuts
Fri…. Gym Style Back Shoulders and Biceps
Sat….Flextrain
Sun….OFF

WEEK THREE

Mon…..Super Cuts plus Ab Circuits Yoga based
Tues…..Cardio Leg Blast
Wed….After Burn
Thurs…..4DS…Kickbox in its entirety
Fri…. Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Sat…. Gym Style Back Shoulders and Biceps
Sun….OFF

WEEK FOUR

Mon…..Cross Fire plus Ab Circuits Stability Ball
Tues…..STS Plyo Legs (any of the 4 week discs)
Wed…. Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Thurs…..Gym Style Legs
Fri…...Tabatacise…(as many as you can do)
Sat…. Gym Style Back Shoulders and Biceps
Sun….OFF

Thank you so much Cathe for putting this tough workout together! Can't wait to get started! Happy New Year!

Hi Cathe, thank you for putting out for us these rotations every month.

What would be a good substitute for Afterburn and Cardio Core Circuit?

Happy New Year!!!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

You must have read my mind with Gym Styles!!!! I've been craving those workouts for a while now ;)!!! Looks like a great rotation, Cathe, THANX!!! :D

Hi Cathe,

This rotation looks great. I have everything except Kick Max. What would be a good substitution for the leg conditioning drills?

Thanks
Mary

Hi Cathe, I know this is your first Christmas without your Dad, hope you're ok. Thanks for the rotation, I just bought Gym Styles, Slow & Heavy & the Pyramids last month during your fantastic sales & love them all. Excited for the chance to use them!

Hi Cathe,

This rotation looks great. I have everything except Kick Max. What would be a good substitution for the leg conditioning drills?

Thanks
Mary

Mary, I would say the leg cond. in Turbo Barre or the standing leg cond. in Lower body blast (the bonus segment). Hope this helps.

Kim

Mary, I would say the leg cond. in Turbo Barre or the standing leg cond. in Lower body blast (the bonus segment). Hope this helps.

Kim

Kim, thanks for those suggestions. I forgot about the bonus segment for Lower Body Blast. I think I will use that one.

Hi Cathe,

Thanks
Mary

You could do any barre type exercises, Like the bonus (Leg Conditioning Drills) from Lower Body Blast, Bonus Barre from Lean Legs, or just dop the leg portion from Turbo Barre. The conditioning drills in Kickmax are about 18 minutes long.

Suggestions for gym style substitute

Hello all,
Any suggestions for substitution for gym styles. I don't have them. ( wanted to buy them during the great December sales, but.... resisted the temptation). Don't have PS Strength or Slow and heavy, or the complete STS either. What to do?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jane

Hello all,
Any suggestions for substitution for gym styles. I don't have them. ( wanted to buy them during the great December sales, but.... resisted the temptation). Don't have PS Strength or Slow and heavy, or the complete STS either. What to do?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jane

Hi Jane. Do you have XTRAIN? That would be a great sub for gym styles, esp. burn sets. Maybe even muscle max or maximum intensity strength. Those are heavier weight workouts from Cathe.

Kim

Awesome rotation for after the holidays, I am ready to get started with this tomorrow.

Thanks for a great rotation Cathe and Happy New Year!! :)

Thanks

Hi Jane. Do you have XTRAIN? That would be a great sub for gym styles, esp. burn sets. Maybe even muscle max or maximum intensity strength. Those are heavier weight workouts from Cathe.

Kim

Thank you Kim! I do have X-train and both Muscle max and Maximun Intensity Strength! I will try it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.