January 2014 Rotation

Just loaded this rotation into my calendar!!!!:eek:
Kicking it out with Afterburn and Weights & Plates tonight!!!!
WAHOOOO!!!!!:D

Substitutions...

I am looking forward to this rotation, but lack some of the DVD's….suggestions for substitutions anyone??

I need to sub the following: Tabatacie, Cross Fire, Cardio leg blast, Cardio core cirucuts, Flextrain, X10 and Supercuts

Thanks in advance
Elizabeth

I am looking forward to this rotation, but lack some of the DVD's….suggestions for substitutions anyone??

I need to sub the following: Tabatacie, Cross Fire, Cardio leg blast, Cardio core cirucuts, Flextrain, X10 and Supercuts

Thanks in advance
Elizabeth

You could sub:
Tabatacize = any of the STS HiiT workouts
CrossFire = LIS Afterburn or Cardio Supersets. If you have To the Max, use that too.
Cardio Leg Blast = Lower Body Blast
Cardio Core Circuit = any floor cardio workout (not using any weights) + core work
Flex Train = High Reps or any other high reps/low weight full body workout
X10 and Supercuts are metabolic training workouts, so you'll just need to find other workouts classified as metabolic training.

Last edited:
Hi Mary! If you have my lower body blast DVD, or my Turbo Barre workout you can insert the standing leg work at the barre (or just use a chair instead of a barre)

Hi Cathe,

This rotation looks great. I have everything except Kick Max. What would be a good substitution for the leg conditioning drills?

Thanks
Mary

Thank You Wiggie! Your words have touched my heart. I hope you had a beautiful holiday season.

Hi Cathe, I know this is your first Christmas without your Dad, hope you're ok. Thanks for the rotation, I just bought Gym Styles, Slow & Heavy & the Pyramids last month during your fantastic sales & love them all. Excited for the chance to use them!

Well, this is my first forum post in YEARS (I have been busy with work and I just published my first book this fall, whoo hoo! But so crazy busy!) but I am eager to really recommit to a regular roation. My question--should I add 1 more cardio workout to this rotation, or do some of these weight workouts count toward that? I just want to make sure I'm getting enough cardio per week. Thanks for any adivce!

Well, this is my first forum post in YEARS (I have been busy with work and I just published my first book this fall, whoo hoo! But so crazy busy!) but I am eager to really recommit to a regular roation. My question--should I add 1 more cardio workout to this rotation, or do some of these weight workouts count toward that? I just want to make sure I'm getting enough cardio per week. Thanks for any adivce!

Congratulations on your book! There is enough cardio in the rotation, but you could add extra cardio if you wanted to and if your body is ready for it. I've been adding short cardio segments to weight training days myself. Yesterday I did GS BSB followed by Hard Strikes no conditioning premix.

Thank you, Jbliff, for your answer and the kind words! :)

I was thinking of adding some of Cathe's 10 minute cardio sections to some of the weight days if I have extra time. I did manage to make it through four rounds of Cardio Core Circuit today, whooo hooo! Man, that workout is so hard! My face looks like this after I finish it :mad: not the expression but the color, LOL!!!

I agree that there is not enough cardio in this rotation, but I have been adding short cardio workouts as well. I've been using the X10 workouts and will be adding HIIT workouts as well. It's super hard to find a good rotation that addresses both strength and cardio while working and having a family. The only answer I have found is to do the strength and then supplement with shorter cardio. Good Luck!

I agree that there is not enough cardio in this rotation, but I have been adding short cardio workouts as well. I've been using the X10 workouts and will be adding HIIT workouts as well. It's super hard to find a good rotation that addresses both strength and cardio while working and having a family. The only answer I have found is to do the strength and then supplement with shorter cardio. Good Luck!

YES.THIS.EXACTLY! I work full-time, have a seven year old, and I have another book coming out in April and I'm about to start edits with my publisher on that...so squeezing in anything more than an hour is really hard. But I'm happy to say I've done five workouts this week and have one scheduled today, so I'm feeling I'm getting into a good habit again. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.