Janet Jackson has ruined my wardrobe.

"I just can't handle seeing any more enormous love handles exploding over the top of jeans"

I pick up my DD at middle school everyday. You wouldn't believe all the muffin-tops....:eek:

Julie

Okay, why can't I wear the low rise jeans or low rise anything, even skirts?

I find that they just don't fit my shape, when I pull them down on to my hips, they just don't look right, they make my bum look funny and I'm not fat, my waist is not big, 25" and hips 34". But they never fit nice and snug, the waist is always too big. Maybe I don't put them on right?? Or my shape is just not the right shape for low rise.

So I would like them to go out of style, I prefer a proper waist band that fits at the waist. I think my figure looks better it clothes that fit this way. :)

Amy G,

You know, I have a hard time getting into size 3 jeans just because my thighs are bigger from doing squats, etc. Tilt jeans for instance...really big around the waist and waaayyyy too tight around thighs so I get a size 5 and need to wear a belt, but it fits fine around the thighs. LOL! It is getting harder for fit women to find jeans that fit. Not many people who have tiny waistlines, tiny hips and then bigger thighs. HELP!!!! Mostly all my jeans are loose on me around my butt and waist and then grab onto my thighs so I just have to deal with it.

Charlotte~~

The jeans that fit my body best and feel the most comfortable on me are Lee Jeans from good old WalMart - LOL!! Cheap, and they actually come up to my waist, which may be old-fashioned but it's what I prefer and I feel much more comfortable that way. I can wear my daughter's low rise jeans but they always feel like they're about to fall down, and I'm afraid to bend over. Of course, I suppose I could just get one of those thongs with the jewels on the back that are MEANT to be seen ... LOL!! I'm sorry but those things just crack me and Nik up. I'm always teasing her saying if she buys her jeans any lower she'll have to buy jeweled underwear. Hey, I'd rather she not wear low rise jeans either but it's really hard to find ones for kids her age that are any other style, and she somehow manages to cover up her midriff and not show her underwear, so I'm okay with it. As for me, I just wear what I like, what fits, and what feels comfortable to me, and I don't honestly give a rat's behind what the fashion mags say. Who has time to care about such things or even read them?? I sure don't. Fashions are cyclical. The styles today are almost identical to what we wore in junior high in the mid 70's. If I had saved my bell bottoms and peasant tops Nik would have been ecstatic. You can bet the 80's will be back again!!

Carol
:)

>Well, it's not really a matter of NOT buying clothes I don't
>like, it's more a matter of actually FINDING clothes I do
>like.

I am with you on this one Laura...it's a shame that I shop and shop and can't find things that I like to wear! (Better for my pocketbook, though, I guess ;) )

I can relate Charlotte. It is so frustrating to find jeans that fit my shape. If I go by the size of my hips and thighs then the jeans look really ugly and wrinkled on top (because of all the extra fabric). I can't remember the last time I wore nice fitting jeans. I've been wearing mostly skirts and wide leg pants (not jeans) every once in awhile. I was checking out clothing online today and I saw a new fitting system at The Gap. I would be the curvy (small waist, bigger hips and thighs). The ones I liked were $58. I think I'll check them out in person though. I haven't been too thrilled at The Gap's quality in the last few years and I haven't bought anything in that store for years, but I'm willing to give these jeans a try.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.