Jackie Warner

kenja

Cathlete
Being from Australia, I don't really know who Jackie Warner is, but her new workout: 30 day fast start, is a good short workout. I will never stop doing Cathe dvds and no one can replace her but this is a good addition. Anyone else tried it?

Hi Kenja,

I had to respond! I got this one before xmas and I simply cannot stop reaching for it. I love it. I have never tried any of Jackie's workouts before although I liked her tv show (Cathe could do a reality tv show!!!!). This DVD is such a great add on 'cos it's short and to the point or then as a quickie when running out of time. I am with you - it's a good purchase. I was drawn to it 'cos I love Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body and Body for Life routines which are both - pyramid style training = very effective for me.

s.

I'm like you, the pyramid setup had me intrigued after Cathe's one which I love as well!!

I have Xtreme Timesaver and Crunch-Free Xtreme Abs. Not a huge fan of both of them. The moves are just too fast for my liking, and even when I slow them down, I find them a bit awkward. She is not an instructor I stuck with. IMO, Jillian's video's are WAY better (Shed & Shred is awesome). Cathe, of course, surpasses them both.

If you like Jackie, I don't mind swapping the 2 DVD's I have for something of yours, straight exchange. PM my account if you are interested.

Natasha

I really like jackies workouts. I think they are good . I just bought her new one and I have extreme timesaver abs and the workout one. I didnt like jillians new one shed and shred. Im gonna try to take that back to the store. Hopefully they will let me return it.She does that goofy moves that the guy on biggest loser did a couple seasons ago. To me I want a workout not yoga or kickboxing,dancy stuff. Id just buy those type of workouts if thats what I was lookn for. but jillians other ones are good. I was disappointed with her new one. I did jackies pyramid one monday and I didnt think I would like it but i did. I still over all like the xtreme timesaver workout tho, its my favorite if your short on time. You get a cardio and wt workout in one.

Wow! I just ordered Jackie Warners DVD 30 Day Fast Start yesterday. I have her xtreme time saver dvd and I liked it so I'm hoping I like this one too. Her book is very good too and she has a really good menu plan in it.

I have Xtreme Timesaver. The workout is pretty good, but Jackie's personality rubs me the wrong way. She seems like kind of a princess. At one point when she is assisting one of her cast members, she actually says to the camera, something like "Don't you wish I were touching you like this?" .... ummmm, no, not really. Anyway. I have her book too and she comes across as a much warmer person in the book "This is Why You're Fat" - I found it well written and helpful.

Stebby

I am actually just catching up on her doco series "Work Out", as i had never heard of it.
I have done all her dvds without knowing about the tv side of her career. I'm finding it very informative!

I finally did Jackie Warner's 30 Day Fast Start on Monday and I am and have been pleasantly sore for the last 2 days. Especially in my abs and hamstrings. Love the ab workout. I really like this dvd and the concept. I am so use to cathe's pyramids that when I did this one I was a little confused because she starts with just 1 rep and then 2 and 3. Where cathe starts 12, 10 and 8. This will definitely add some confusion to my muscles. The only thing I don't like is that Jackie goes way toooo fast for me. I could NOT keep up with her. I know that it's muscle endurance workout but it was just too fast. Especially when she does the bent over rows with the head bangers. That's what she calls them!

Other than that I think it's a good workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.