It's countdown time...What to do?

112toGuru

Cathlete
so the pre-sale is going to end in a few short days, the 9th, and I'm still on the fence. While the new ones all look like something I'd like to have, and I haven't bought a Cathe set for a while, what would you do?

-Buy the new set. (has everything I like less spin, no bike)
-Get Xtrain. (people seem to really like this, I'm a little iffy)
-or get the Low Impact Series (I run a lot and like the variety in this one)

What do you guys like best & why, or would you just go with the newest?

This is a good time for me to get a set. If I can decide on one....:rolleyes:

While I haven't done the new set (obviously), between Xtrain and LIS I'd pick LIS every time. I only purchased Super Cuts, All Out Hiit, and Burn Sets from Xtrain. While I do love those, I use so many of the workouts from LIS more. JMHO. . . Let us know what you do. Good luck.

yeah, I think if I went for the Xtrain it would be for the rotations and full set thingy, though the LIS looks like stuff I would put in a rotation, has anyone done both full sets, rotation or not?

The new set has the two full step workouts and a boxing one, can't get enough cardio :D

I even looked at the shock cardio series, can never have too many cardio or circuit workouts, ha.

Between Xtrain and LIS, Id pick Xtrain every time. The only workout from LIS I've done more than twice is Afterburn, I'm just not a fan of those workouts. On the other hand, I love the Xtrain series. The workouts are more fun, and I love to lift heavy weights. I'm not saying LIS is not tough or effective, it's just not my style. I haven't ordered the new series yet because I'm not a big step person and I don't have a spin bike, so I'll just get the individual workout that interest me in the future.

I did pre-order the new series and have both Xtrain and Low Impact. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Xtrain and hardly do any of the Low Impact series. I am eagerly awaiting the new series...

I love xtrain!!!! I like LIS I think I'd love it if the music was more my style. X train is just fun! And a sweat feast!! I add in LIS once in a while when I need to give joints a brake. Now I am doing sts strength and jogging.
I wish I can tell u what to do but I preordered the new ones because I know I'd eventually want all of them lol
It would be great if u could get x train set and the new ones coming out and maybe just add afterburner and CSS from xtrain for low impact days and cardio. But afterburner is so hard to me!!

If you look at this from a financial perspective, the answer is easy: save more money by buying the new series, then, get the others on deal of the day later on, or buy one of them now with your pre-sale coupon/discount on pre-exisiting Cathe DVDs.

Clare

I have Xtrain and LIS. LIS was good, but its not my fav for some reason....but I love XTrain....it is really spot on with lots of great variety. XTrain gets my vote.

Thanks for the feedback...

Rapidbreath - Yes I'm thinking LIS would go good with the running, and even though I don't do a lot of yoga, I do like including that...and the barre workout, I'll bet that's a goodie.

maddiesmum -I could kick myself for not ordering earlier on the new ones, and fear I'll kick myself again if I don't order now. I have picked up a couple things on deal of the day.

I thought Xtrain might be a crowd favorite, any particular reason? above others?

ReneePruitt - I see someone has put their enabler shoes on! ha. :eek:

Hi

I have both Xtrain and LIS and haven't preordered any of the new ones. When LIS came out, I followed the rotation Cathe did and got in great shape. I thought it was the best series she'd done to that point.

When Xtrain came out, I followed the 90 day rotation and got in great shape and thought that was the best series Cathe had done to that point! :p

LIS gives you mainly metabolic workouts (circuits. cardio using light weights) and one straight weight training workout (endurance rather than heavy weights).

Xtrain is more a heavy weight training set with cardio to supplement that and just has one metabolic workout in (Super Cuts)

So really it depends what you want to do. If I was only allowed to keep one series, it would be Xtrain. I made progress in lifting weights in a way I've never done with anything else. I've then been able to apply what I learnt in Xtrain to doing other weights workouts. Xtrain has taught me a lot in a way that no other workout DVDs ever have.

I didn't preorder as I don't really see the new DVDs as an integrated series. There were only a couple that really appealed to me and I'll probably get them at a later date.

This is just my experience/opinion, but I hope it helps! :)

Hi

I have both Xtrain and LIS and haven't preordered any of the new ones. When LIS came out, I followed the rotation Cathe did and got in great shape. I thought it was the best series she'd done to that point.

When Xtrain came out, I followed the 90 day rotation and got in great shape and thought that was the best series Cathe had done to that point! :p

LIS gives you mainly metabolic workouts (circuits. cardio using light weights) and one straight weight training workout (endurance rather than heavy weights).

Xtrain is more a heavy weight training set with cardio to supplement that and just has one metabolic workout in (Super Cuts)

So really it depends what you want to do. If I was only allowed to keep one series, it would be Xtrain. I made progress in lifting weights in a way I've never done with anything else. I've then been able to apply what I learnt in Xtrain to doing other weights workouts. Xtrain has taught me a lot in a way that no other workout DVDs ever have.

I didn't preorder as I don't really see the new DVDs as an integrated series. There were only a couple that really appealed to me and I'll probably get them at a later date.

This is just my experience/opinion, but I hope it helps! :)

wow, yes it does help, what a great review.

you all made me want to get each one (I always have that perpetual "list" going)

I'm going with the new ones. Can't really pinpoint why, it's just the one I think will be the best right now.

Thanks All.

So new workouts you mean the new ones coming out now or x train? Man I wish u can get both lol
Yes I sound evil I guess but I truly love x train and I can't wait for the new ones!!

melagras - I looked at that first but it was the X10 description that made me look at all the others, then it was all over. The only downside was how could they possibly do a kickbox without Lorraine? It's just not right I tell you...we'll manage.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.