^^Its a Marvelous MELTING Monday! ^^

Whew, I am WORN OUT. Exhausted, pooped, tuckered out, etc.

About a half hour after I got home yesterday, DH left for a business trip to Atlantic City. So I went from no kids to two kids by myself again. They are dolls and they were so sweet when I arrived, but they are not helping with the tiredness. When we drove up yesterday, Ewan came to the window and started yelling “Mommy!” Then he ran to the front door and was sticking his little hand out the mail slot to me. So sweet. Isaac kept saying he missed me and Ewan kept saying “I glad you are back, Mommy”. The love makes up for the waking me up at 6 am this morning.

And would you believe I haven’t been to Target since Thursday!? :p

It looks like I’ve got a lot of catching up to do—even more Melters have joined. Cool.

Leanne, glad to hear you got back. I guess I should not complain about tiredness after hearing about how long you traveled. Yikes.

Robin, the RT was great—wish you were there and I wish it was longer! I spent most of my time with the OAL chicks but then didn’t get enough time with our Melty gals.

Deb, well, we saw some STS clips—one video they have some music on but it’s still not done. It was just like a test run of the music on it or something. The music sounded awesome to me, though. I totally approve. Chris did say something about we wouldn’t still be waiting for it at the RT next year. So that’s about as specific as they got. :)

Allie, glad you are not man-bitter today. :) Men can give us those moments. Oh, and I will do the not-working out thing with you today. I don’t know if I’ll work out all week. I think I might just focus on cleaner eating and start a rotation next week.

Shelley, I thought of you when the “I Kissed a Girl” song was played at the RT. I had never heard it before but I remember you mentioning it. :D

Vilma, hi, I remember you from elsewhere in Catheland! Glad to have you joining the Melters, though I saw your picture on your album and saw no parts of you that needed to melt. ;)

Breckie, ah, thanks for the enthusiastic welcome back. Good luck on the van today.

Shannon, I posted a few road trip pics on an album in MyCatheSpace. I also posted some of the same ones on the public RT photos. I took very very few, though, since I saw so many other cameras flashing all the time I figured I didn’t need to get many of my own. I am in loads of Liann’s pics, though.

Peggie, I had that same problem with the heavier suitcase. Glad to hear you made it home safely!

Tneah, hi girl—nice to see your happy face in your avatar again. Good luck with the moving. When you said you’d moved 5 times since meeting DH, I had to count up my own moves: also 5 times (and very long distances for the last 3).

Kara, OK, I have to be honest here. You should put up a new avatar. (Is that totally rude of me—I say it with love.) You’re pic is cute but you were so much cuter in person. We all thought you were so young and pretty! And your oven exploded? Yikes! Umm, good excuse to get a fabulous new oven, though, right?

Erin, hi and welcome to the group. I am also tired (probably I’ve mentioned that about a dozen times already) so I hope we all get an energy boost at some point today.

Kara – wow, first day of school already? Seems early, but I guess probably not to you, eh? Um, was something IN your oven when it exploded?
Glad to see you back, and can’t wait to see pictures!

Peggie – Ah, so nice to read “kittens” again. Glad you’re back.

Tneah – moving ALWAYS takes longer than you think, doesn’t it? I’ll come help – I’m the MASTER at unpacking and organizing. Have fun on your walks – and moving is a workout all its own!!

Shelley – sorry about that lack of energy… have you had your Coke yet? Maybe you need another. Or… maybe not. ;)

Erin – food coma? What were you eating? Pita chips put me in a carb coma… although they are strictly off limits right now. Those hip flexors can be cranky for sure. Sometimes my R one talks to me a little louder than I’d like. Good call on the rest, maybe stretch some extra too!

Lainie – LOVE your new avatar! That is ABSOLUTELY precious about Ewan sticking his hand out the mail slot. I can totally see that. So sweet! You look so great in all those pics – you are quite photogenic!

I think I might have you and Tneah beat on moves… DH and I are gypsies. We love to move… er, we USED to love to move. I’ve lost count. But this last move liked to have killed us. Took us forever to get settled for some reason, but um, we’re talking of moving again! Maybe downtown. Dunno. We’re just talking. J

Hi all else – BBL when I can, loverlies!!!

Breckgirl- What didnt I eat :) Soy chips, fiber one bar and a whole bunch of concoctions (sp) was good but aghh feel yucky. Need to get better control in the eating department but lack of motivation :) good all day and then night hits :(

I can't believe how bad the day is dragging!!!!

Oh, Erin. Didn't you READ what I ate on Friday?!?! Talk about unclean. Ugh. It makes my stomach churn just to think about it.

Shelley--sending you lots of high-energy vibes. I could use some too. I am so tired it's actually painful. My eyes hurt so bad.

Just one night....one night of sleep is all I ask. It's like some sort of evil torture to be this tired all the time. It's starting to overwhelm me and I keep having crying fits about it. It's so unfair. I just want sleep. That's all I want in the world.

Hey ladies!!

I am sooooo tired! We had to sit on the plane on the runway last night for SIX HOURS b/c of a huge thunder storm. At one point, they finally let us off to go grab some food for a half-hour since we were all starving and since we needed to re-fuel the plane. Then it was a five-hour flight home. I did sleep in until 11:00 today (!!), but I probably won't get around to posting photos until tomorrow since I need to go grocery shopping and I could seriously go back to bed, even though I just got up an hour ago. :p

Kara, Lainie, and Peggie -- it was so fantastic to meet you three in person!! You are such sweethearts, and I had a BLAST hanging out in person! Kara, I was so worried about you since I know how you feel about flying, and am glad you got home safely.

Robin -- Glad you had safe travels, too. :D

I need to get going, but I skimmed through the posts and am glad everyone is doing well. "Hi" to our new Melters! Oh, and it looks like STS is still going to be awhile.:( They're still working on composing the music.

Oh, and the fu*#in pita chips on the RT sure were delicious!! ;)

Hey guys! I am on my way to take Colin to the orthodontist, but wanted to say hi! Hi!

Lainie--Thank you for the honest comments and compliment. I am not photogenic! Isn't it nice to be missed? Your boys sound adorable. My oven exploded with cornbread in it! One of the elements blew up and coated the entire oven in some weird film. The ENTIRE house was filled with toxic-smelling smoke, but I do get to buy a fab new one! Yea!

Breckie--Yep, cornbread was in my oven! I had to tear them from my Dh's hands. He was going to eat them!! WTH??? How is your program coming along?

Peggie and Leanne--OK, so those f#%&in pita chips got me through the 6 hour delay yesterday. Do I thank you or NOT? I swear I still have french onion bits embedded in my tongue. Man, are they yummy!

Hi to everyone else! Can't be late!

Whew! It's so hard to keep up with you blabby mouthed melters!

Shannon, good news on selling your truck so quickly. Sorry to hear your back is acting up. What happened to your thumb? I think rest weeks are wonderful! I'm always more than ready to start up again.

Peggy, welcome home. I'm so jealous of you getting to meet so many fellow melters. I was disappointed with not being able to go on a RT this year, but also disappointed that there were two. I want to meet EVERYONE!

Tneah, sorry to hear the moving is taking so long. I keep thinking we should move, if only to clean out all the crap we've accumulated over the years. We've been in our house about 28 years and it's packed to the gills with STUFF. I don't think you have to worry about not doing much working out over the next couple days. Moving is stressful and hard enough work, without trying to fit in a workout.

Kara, welcome home! I wish I could have met you. I love what Lainie said about you being much cuter than your very cute avatar. Sorry you had bad luck getting home. At least it was at the end of the trip, instead at the begining!

Hey, Erin, nice to meet you!

Lainie, you lucky girl, going to the RT, meeting OALers and melters! It sounds like you had love-filled homecoming! You're probably tired because you haven't been to Target since Thursday.

Speaking of food-induced coma's, we had a luau here at work today. I'm so full of pineapple and cococut filled deserts, I could pop. Or take a nap. But there is no rest for the weary. This evening Bible school starts, so I have time to scurry home, slip on my bright green VBS tee shirt and head back into town. See you all later, unless I'm in a child-induced coma. In that case, I'll see you all tomorrow.

Mmmmmm....f*&%in pita chips......
icon_drool.gif

Robinellers--have fun at VBS tonight! I can't think of anything I'd rather do LESS!! :eek::confused: LMAO!!!! And yay for coconut and pineapple stuffed goodies! I'm a coconut freak. Love, love love it!

Leanne--I was so tired after the RT that I had to call in sick to work that Monday--I ended up sleeping until noon. The Post-RT depression/letdown doesn't help either. I'm so glad you guys had fun!! It was really well done, wasn't it? They keep getting better every year!

Kara--your oven exploded?!?!? With cornbread in it?!?!? What a waste of perfectly good cornbread!!!!!:p I would've been so mad! How exciting that you got a fancy new oven, though. Yippee!!

It is raining so hard here and we're having ANOTHER thunderstorm. We've had thunderstorms every day for the past 9 days. Weird. It's a good day to crawl back under the covers. I'm exhausted. I don't think I mentioned to you guys today how tired I am. Or did I?..... ;):p

Ta ta tater tots. BBL!

Hey, Melty Maidens,
I don't know if anyone noticed my absence this weekend, but I took a little break in order to get some things done, and it made me realize that I need to spend less time on my computer and more time on other things. So I probably won't be checking in much -- I'll still be around, though. I love you guys, and hope to stay in touch!
{{{HUGS}}} to you all!;)

Kristi--of COURSE we missed you this weekend! Don't be silly. It was really quiet around here anyway with our Meltie RTers gone, Shannon taking her weekend computer break, Robin being on vacation, etc. (I actually started the thread on both Saturday AND Sunday!!! :eek: Can ya believe it?!?!)

No problems stepping away from the computer for a bit. It can start to take over your life, can't it? We all understand, dahling. No worries.

Me? I have no life. So this suits me juuuuuuust fine. ;)

Oh, and did you get the package I sent you?

Thanks for understanding, darling Allison! And yes, I'm sitting here at my computer right now going through my email box trying to deal with things I've put off and put off. I think my real wake up call came Saturday when I opened my email box mid-morning and saw that I'd missed a deadline for posting something for that organization that I'm VP of Communications for. It wasn't a big deal, but it was a reality check.

No package yet -- :( -- maybe today! I'll let you know!

Quick Drive-By:

OF COURSE we missed you Kristi! And I hate to hear that you won't be around as much. I completely understand (and how), but I don't have to like it. :(

Leanne - Did you give Cathe the bracelet? Did it turn out okay? How much did she love it? (as if I have to ask)

Allie - I love those smilies... where are you finding them?

Off to sling more barium...

Thanks, chica!!! They are SO cute. Might have to use some of them... if I can figure it out, that is.
chase.gif

Let's see if that worked...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.