Is this normal?

luvmylabs

Cathlete
Is it normal to feel the need to ALWAYS buy tons of workout DVDs that you know you won't even do right away? I know that many of you have lots of videos too, but do you actually use them all? I have yet to attempt Cathe's new ones, I previewed them once to make sure the replacements were not skipping. P90X, I ordered this last year, why?, because everyone like it. Have I used it? NO. I am not even on that fitness level. I hope to be someday! I am more intermediate level. So when I ordered Cath'e entire collection at one time early last year, I figured if I spent that amount of money at once, I would do all of them by the end of the year. WRONG!! I have only done about 15 of her workouts, some have never been opened. Maybe workout DVDs are like toys you buy for your kids. I get so excited just knowing that the UPS guy is brining me some new workouts!!! I have purchased tons of workouts. I like knowing that if I want to do a workout, I have lots to choose from! I just sprained my ankle, but I also just ordered Barry's Bootcamp and Swat workout. I won't be doing any cardio for a while until my ankle heals. Just tell me I am normal!!!:) :)

I'm restraining myself from buying more right now, because I have a few that I haven't done yet!!! I don't think it's normal in the rest of the universe, but I think it's pretty normal in OUR little corner of the universe:)

I thought I was the only one who "collected" workouts! When I started buying workouts, it was the challenge of finding just the right one; then I discovered Cathe and wanted them all!

I have many of hers that I have done only once and a few I have not done at all.

I had a similar need with rubberstamps. I wanted them all, but use only a few. Thank goodness both compulsions are under control, otherwise I may be divorced right now!!

You are definitely not alone!!!

Doreen:7

Lol, well I hope it's normal because since starting I have managed to buy every Cathe workout there is minus 3 (Imax 3, and two of the compilations DVD's). I'm nowhere near the fitness level needed to get through half of the DVD's I have. I just "had to have them" though. I'm working my way up slowly to being able to do them all and for me I love the variety. If I only had a few, I would get bored way too easy. :)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! I have so many unused workouts and I keep buying more! For some reason I feel like I'm getting in shape just by buying the workouts.

I think it's an extension of living in a consumerist society. We just take that 'buy-buy-buy' mentality and apply to workouts.

Also, I'm always searching for the 'perfect' workout. Obviously, I haven't found it yet, but I'm still trying.

I also have a rather large collection of 'virgin' workouts (probably as many of them as many people have workouts in their entire collection!). I plan to get to them sometime!

At the same time, I've pre-ordered some new CIA videos, two of Tracey Staehle's upcoming ones, and some Keli Roberts workouts.

I was 'good' for several months, not ordering any new workouts.

Maybe we need a support group? (And not one that will enable us into buying more workouts, LOL!)

I get bored very easily so I like the variety. I think I only have one workout that is not out of the shrink wrap yet but I think I will be trading that one. I ordered P90X back in December but plan to start the X next month. I have about 100 workouts. I'm very careful about reading as many reviews as possible before buying. I work out mostly to Cathe but decided last month to do a non-Cathe rotation and do a Jari rotation and try to use as many new workouts as possible. It was a nice change. After completing the X, I think I'll do another month of either new workouts or ones I haven't done in a while. I do plan on ordering the new Tracey's and 2 of her last series. She seems like someone who I'll really like. The CIAs look good but I think I'll wait and see reviews first. I got two out of Patrick's new series for about half price on ebay and I love them. I just started working out about a year and half ago when I discovered Cathe and I admit I spent heavily last year. Now that I have almost all the Cathes I want, I'm a lot more selective this year and since I'm starting the X, I won't be doing anything else for at least 3 months.

A check-in might not be a bad idea.

Marcy

Oh I'd be embarrassed to admit how many of my DVDs and tapes have never been opened! I have only done one of Cathe's NEW workouts and I want to kick myself every time I see them lined up on the shelf in my workout room. I continually reach for the ones I always do. My problem is I know I'll have to take the time to learn them before I can glide right through the workout. I have no patience for learning! x( I know that's dumb. I need to change that.

>Oh I'd be embarrassed to admit how many of my DVDs and tapes
>have never been opened!

At least I've watched all the DVD's I haven't used yet (except for one!)!;-)

I always do them within a week or two of getting them. Whether I do them again in the next few months depends...

When I was in the process of building my Cathe DVD library, I would try to get home before DH so he wouldn't see that I got ANOTHER Cathe DVD!! It usually didn't work out that way. I was constantly getting busted. He said he didn't mind but he would make lots of comments. Isn't that a sign of an addiction, when you feel like you have to hide it;-) ? I never realized until I discovered Cathe.com that buying excercise videos could be an addiction!!

Ashley

>When I was in the process of building my Cathe DVD library, I
>would try to get home before DH so he wouldn't see that I got
>ANOTHER Cathe DVD!! It usually didn't work out that way. I
>was constantly getting busted. He said he didn't mind but he
>would make lots of comments. Isn't that a sign of an
>addiction, when you feel like you have to hide it;-) ? I
>never realized until I discovered Cathe.com that buying
>excercise videos could be an addiction!!
>
>Ashley

Lol, I have mine delivered to work, so my husband doesn't see them!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.