Is there a quick fix for drooping eyelids?

Nancy, I'll def. try the Neutrogena stuff too. I'm kind of a lotion & cream skeptic ever since reading Paula Begoun's book, but I just checked her website & she gave it very good reviews.:)

Laura, I used to follow Begoun also, until I tried her face moisturizer. I chose the one that was best for my skin, and it was very nice, but it caked up terribly under make-up. I wrote to them and told them and they said that was the first time they ever heard that, but I didn't feel inclined to try any of their products again. Maybe it was just a fluke.

Or maybe it was stale, or sat somewhere it was too warm. I've bought a couple of her products without any problems, but I don't see the point of paying shipping when I can usually get a similar drugstore product. I'm kinda chintzy that way. ;)

Laura it dries quite quickly, a minute or two. (Or what is the latest commercial for kids brushing their teeth - sing "Happy Birthday" !:p)

I just brush my teeth or put my clothes on and then proceed to curl and apply mascara right afterward. You could even fan it a little, I just find something to do where I am not opening my eyes wide open. It really doesn't take that long but I tell you it can last more than 24 hours if it isn't wetted too much. Comes off easily with the baby oil gel too.

I do have quite a steady hand, however, if I end up with a "bad line" then I grab a q-tip, wet it a bit, wipe and start over. Rarely have to do that though.

I really like the tip on the brush - you can get a thin or thick line - some brushes are too thick so I stopped using those products.

I can wait 5 years for your review - I probably won't be able to read the post though as my droppy eyelids will prevent me from seeing it ! :eek: Kidding !

And my hair is falling out at an alarming rate. Ah, a sign of things to come.

i have experience with the hair falling out thing. out of desperation, i recently went to a doctor to have my thyroid tested which i felt was a waste of time because my reflexes are excellent. to my shock she said it was probably due to recent weight loss. she said that i was losing fat too rapidly. in addition to thyroid, you may want to take a test for calcium or zinc deficiency. i drink so much milk i thought it was impossible to have a calcium deficiency, but you definitely can...all adding to hair loss.

Check out Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners, best I've ever used, and lasts all day without any smudging. The black ink is too black, I like Black Mauve and Espresso Ink so far the best, you need to buy the eyeliner brush with it.

Eyelash extensions

You could also go and get eyelash extensions applied and then you don't have to put on makeup in the morning. There is no recovery like with permanent make-up and they last several weeks.

You could also go and get eyelash extensions applied and then you don't have to put on makeup in the morning. There is no recovery like with permanent make-up and they last several weeks.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: I had lash extensions last year--they destroyed my lashes. :( If the technician had warned me my eyelids would go bald I never would've spent such a ridiculous amount of money on them. Actually, even if they were cheap I wouldn't have done it if I knew what they'd do to my lashes. :confused:

Gel eyeliner?

Laura, have you tried a gel eyeliner? Bobbie Brown makes one; so does Bare Escentuals. It's easy to apply if you have a very fine brush, and seems to dry quickly.

I am not aging gracefully. Just a few years ago I looked well-rested and younger. Now I seem to always look tired!

I am not aging gracefully. Just a few years ago I looked well-rested and younger. Now I seem to always look tired!

Kathryn, it's been a few months since I've seen you, but you look great!!! You are aging very gracefully, IMO. Remember how old I thought you were? So let's hear no more of this, okay?;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.