Is there a food that everyone else likes.....

>Oh boy....lima beans, yams, jelly filled
>doughnuts!!!...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/tease2.gif[/img]

The first time I tried lima beans....yuk!
But, they came in a succotash that was the side dish offered with certain meals at a Seventh-Day-Adventist restaurant I used to go to, so I got another serviing of it later. Didn't taste quite so bad that time. The third time, I actually liked it, and now I LIKE Lima beans!

>raw tomatoes. ew.
>
>

I'd have to say many store-bought tomatoes, which are quite a different thing from vine-ripened, home-grown tomatoes. Some hydroponic tomatoes don't even merit the name 'tomato.'

Foods I don't like and cannot get with, but others can:

1. LIVER
2. BEETS
3. OATMEAL
4. SEAFOOD
5. ASPARAGUS
6. MUSHROOMS
7. ANCHOVIES
8. TRIPE
9. TOFU
10. PASTRAMI
11. SOUR CREAM
12. AVOCADOS
13. EGGPLANT

that's all i can think of now.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

well, i can't stand cantelopes(SP),melons,and eggplants. I also can not stand COOKED FRUITS. Let me eat my fruits raw. Jams,fruits preservative, pies with fruits that are cooked (Yack yack) put it away from me.
did i mention i also can't stand chocolate(any kind). I was about to die one year when someone got me a chocolate cake with chocolate icing for my birthday.YUCK YUCK!! when i tell people i don't like chocolate they are suprised since i am a woman.
violet

LOL I had to chime in here, when I was young I was in a foster home and my foster mother made me eat spinich with scrambled eggs in it!! to this day I can't stand to look at spinich or smell it

I cannot stand cooked spinach...blek!!!!! I also can't even look at mayonaisse. It literally makes me nauseous. I love love love tomatos though.

Susan

more added to the list:

COFFEE (stinks--sorry you coffee drinkers)
COTTAGE CHEESE
RUNNY EGGS (triple yuck)
OKRA
SPAM
SHREDDED WHEAT
PAPAYA
OLIVES (black or green)
MAYONNAISE
can't tolerate grits anymore. consume way too much as a child.

Haydee

Sushi

I just can't even look at it, think about it, can barely say it or type it...sorry Nancy. That's my worst.

You may also add anchovies, beets and corned beef hash - yuck.

EDITS: Thanks for the reminder, Yas.

Add oysters.

Oysters! How can eating slime taste good?
I have tried to like but really can't stand broccoli. Yeah, its a nutrition powerhouse, but no thanks! I tried brussel sprouts & cauliflower once in my life and felt that was enough.

Hey, Nancy, my mom makes an eggplant parmigiana (sp?) that everyone raves about, but I just can't stand the texture-it feels like it gets caught in my throat. Eck! Even the breading, cheese & tomato sauce can't save that vegetable!

Raw onions and mayonnaise. They're everywhere and ruin whatever they're in/on.

I love eggplant, though!:)

So, Haydee, what exactly DO you eat?:p

I can't actually think of a food that I don't like that other people do. I'll keep pondering.

>>raw tomatoes. ew.
>>
>>
>
>I'd have to say many store-bought tomatoes, which are quite a
>different thing from vine-ripened, home-grown tomatoes. Some
>hydroponic tomatoes don't even merit the name 'tomato.'

tomato wannabees?

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

I don't like sushi, cantelope, and (you girls are going to think I'm crazy on this last one...) cheesecake. :eek: Never liked it unless it's chocolate - then it's tolerable.

>So, Haydee, what exactly DO you eat?:p
>
>I can't actually think of a food that I don't like that other
>people do. I'll keep pondering.

Hey Shelley,

Growing up there was A LOT of foods my family was never introduced to. As an adult I have tried some of the foods on my list and just cannot stomach them.

I was 29 when I had my first taste of broccoli and now I love it--except cold.

And then there are some foods because of it's looks, I will not go near........tripe looks frigging creepy and oatmeal looks like (sorry) up chuck ;(.

Haydee

I love eggplant when I steam it, cut it in strips and then do a stirfry with ginger, garlic, blackbean sauce and chili paste. YUM! On the other hand, I don't like okra--slimy and snotty!

Oh, Haydee, I forgot about okra. I really don't like it. I also can't even look at Spam, and I can't even be in the same room with liver.

-Nancy

No problem, Melody. Just because I live for sushi and oysters doesn't mean you have to. It's fun to hear about everyone's different peccadillos.
-Nancy

Raw peas
Brussel sprouts
Alfalfa sprouts
Raw broccoli
Raw cauliflower

Some really bad chemistry goes on in my mouth when I taste these things. I believe there's something to this because my husband can't eat the white rind of soft cheeses like brie or camembert--he describes a bitter, chemical taste that the rind leaves; but the cheese inside tastes fine to him.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.