B 2 eggs w/ cheddar cheese and cranberry juice
S O
L butterfinger and carrot power bar and coke
S O
D dinner out (steaks)

Plus there is plans for a movie which will include popcorn and coke

Post me some motivation

:eek: :eek:

I need help with my eating too. I have improved somewhat but need motivation and support to get the rest of the way.

Lisa, I hate to scold you but--- there is NO WAY I would do good getting through most of Cathe's workouts when what I had for lunch was a Butterfinger. Can you say Crash & Burn? Did I read that wrong? How can I help you? Are you a finicky eater? Sneak in some baby carrots to the movie tonight.

Marla

You know, I have been really working on this lately. I really want to go back to watching my protein, carbs & fat ratios. It is hard as I do most of my own cooking and recipes are not in most nutrient data bases. You have to do each individual item. I rarely eat breakfast. I get up, have coffee and workout. Then pick up grandaughter from kindergarten then make her and other grandchilren and hubby lunch. Then I look for something to eat around 12:30 which becomes mainy a non stop eating thing till around 8 or 9 when I am getting ready to go to bed. This last week when I finished my workout I ate a half of an apple and half of the can of tuna I was going to dump in my salad after my workout. It was hard to get even this in because I really have to rush to be out the door by 11. I came back and finished off the tuna with my usual salad. One day I actually ate half of a serving of oatmeal in the am and a boiled egg. I hate oatmeal, I have always hated slimey oatmeal. I love a seven grain cereal or barley. Soemthing with texture. I used to have a program that I could enter my recipes into and just pull them up to tell what I had eaten. It was again too time consuming. I just think maybe for me it would be better to eat healthy and forget it. I have thought of doing this with my new Dell Axium that DH is getting me for Christmas to replace my Palm Pilot. I wonder if the programs are easier here than what I have. Hmmm, butterfinger? This is whay I do not post what I eat.
Diane Sue

I think there has been a heathly eating thread occasionally, but nobody ever posts on the weekends!! I went Vegan back in May amd have felt Awesome since...this is what my day usually looks like:

Snack: coffee and half a genisoy protein bar before workout.
B: fruit smoothie with 2 cups fruit, 3/4 cup soymilk, 1T ground flaxseed and 1 scoop vanilla soy protein powder.
Snack: fruit, walnuts
Lunch: Salad with 4-5 cups spinach and romaine lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced onion, 1 cup of beans (I like pinto the best), 1/4 avocado along with 2T Zesty Italian dressing
Snack: fruit, other half of the genisoy bar
Dinner: Homemade soup of my choice, another good size salad and sometimes somed steamed vegeys.

Dessert: I split with my DH another fruit smoothie, 2 cups fruit, 1 banana, sometimes more protein powder and less soymilk so it is real thick.

I also drink 72-90 ounces of water (at least I attempt that!)...:)...Carole

I find that my biggest problem is evening. That's when I really like to snack.

For damage control, I make a bag of Orville Redenbacher's 94% fat free popocorn and munch it slowly while I watch TV. The box states that the entire bag has only 220 calories, which I find hard to believe, because there's so much of it and it tastes so good. It has lots of fiber and it's filling too. I'll usually try to have a piece of fruit, like an apple, after the popcorn. So my mouth is busy all evening long, but I haven't done much damage.

Hope this helps! :)

Ya see !!

We all need help (Carole yours actually looked pretty good).

I was looking at the pictures from Cathe's latest dvd's and the girls looked really cut. I bet that if Cathe were to answer a post I saw asking how she got that way....the answer would be diet.

I think the m&m's would rate right down there with my butterfinger!

No, actually I'm not a finiky eater at all. I like just about everything except for liver. My problem is that I don't like to cook and dislike even more going to the grocery store. If I were "wealthy", I would definitely have my groceries bought and delivered for me!!! Also, with no little ones, I don't have the responsibilty of cooking for a family.

However, I think getting ideas from different like minded health enthusiasts would encourage me to walk my talk.

;-)

Laurie's (Endorphin Junkie) meals are really stellar too. I gain a lot of inspiration from them. Carole, those meals could actually turn me vegan!

Me, I've just given up Diet Coke. I haven't touched the stuff for over a week and I had salmon twice last week with brown rice and salad. I am amazed by how much better a healthy diet makes you feel.

Cheers
Liz :)

Liz, may I ask why you gave up diet coke? I know it's not good for you but that is my last joy on earth, that and coffee.

Carole, your diet is awesome! I bet you feel wonderful!

My eating has been horrible since T-day. I have gained 5 lbs. -some water, hopefully. I feel terrible. I have been eating chocolate, pizza, mac and cheese, candy, the list can go on forever. It's a vicious cycle because all of the junk makes me lazy and depressed and then I don't exercise as much.

Lori

Lori, I gave up Diet Coke, because of the caffeine content and the aspartame. I just knew that I was drinking way too much (you don't want to know) to try and stay awake at work! I do drink black tea and the odd coffee though.

My dentist warned me that it was ruining my tooth enamel. :( So I've stopped :)

Liz

Thanks you girls...:+ , I do cheat sometimes with Lundberg Rice chips (no trans fat!) and about the M&M's....Peanut M&M's shouldn't be too bad right???....}( .....Carole

I start the eating healthy thread M-F but not weekends because I am not at work and my connection at home is way too slow. If someone wants to start posting on the weekends, please feel free to.

Rhonda

I struggle with this constantly. My commitment to fitness is solid and I love to work hard but the eating ebbs and flows from clean (Thanks Liz) to borderline embarrassing. As others have mentioned it's the evening that kills me. If I could just keep my cakehole shut after dinner until breakfast I would have no problems.x(

My original success with weight loss and disciplined eating started with a dress that I had purchased and hung in my closet. We were invited to a wedding and I figured I would wear that dress, I tried it on and it didn't fit!!!! My motivation was not to have to buy a new dress because I had been so sloppy with my eating. For the next few weeks I just ate at meal time and whenever I started to put something junky into my mouth I said to myself 'and just where exactly will this fit into your dress?' Six weeks later I had to have the dress altered to fit smaller. I looked lovely in that dress but would be swimming in it now. :) Maybe some kind of small goal or visualization would help you too. HTH

Take Care
Laurie

I am really glad that someone started this because I just went to workout and absolutly feel worn out. I know that it is what I am eatting but I know that until Christmas is over the vicious cycle will continue. And then after Christmas I will make a new years resolution to lose 10-15 more pounds and I will be in business again.

I will start working out regularly and on a diet again. I can't tell you that I am feeling the best but just enjoy the holidays and then you have 9 months to get looking fab again until next November.

Please understand that I am new to Cathe tapes and new to this board so I am just putting my 2 cents worth in there. I am no fitness expert and in no way do I look anywhere near how great Cathe looks. So take it for what you will.:)

Hi guys. Liz, you are right about the tooth enamel thing. I drink way too much diet coke. I need to cut back too. Congrats on giving it up, that is an accomplishment in my book.

My dh and I did a challenge with my sister and her dh. We all had to lose 20 lbs. in 2 months. If we didn't succeed we had a written list of chores and embarrassing stuff we had to do for the other person. If the men lost they had to mow one anothers lawn, edge, weed eat, wash their car for a month, once a week, and jog in nothing but a speedo, baby oil, and gold chain for 30 minutes, in the light of day. If either of the girls lost we had to clean one anothers house for one month, once a week, and jog for 30 minutes in a bikini and baby oil in the light of day.

Sounds whacky I know, we are nuts! We all lost the weight. It is for motivation and by no means a permanent solution but it worked. I have kept the weight off. This was about a year and a half ago. We were going to start another challenge, but my sister became pregnant before we were to start so we cancelled.

If you have good friends or relatives to join you in a challenge this is fun to do. You can make up your own rules. Before the challenge we were always going out to dinner together, but during the challenge we would get together and play games and munch on raw veggies, what a change!!!

Lori

Hi Lori ~
Whatta hoot! You guys sound like a lot of fun. I'm going join ranks with my DH and proposition my sister and brother-in-law! Talk about inspiration! Congrats on the weight loss! Have a fun day!
~ Kim

OH SO BAD . . . CRASHED AND BURNED ON THE NEW BUTTERFINGER - CRUNCHY SOMETHING - TWO WENT DOWN LICKITY-SPIT WHILE GROCERY SHOPPING . . .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.