Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool

I'm not cool enough to have an avatar on this site, but did add some photos below.

Name / Forum Name:

Debbi Child

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)

Previous Road Trips

This will be my first road trip!

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable)

I live in Denver, CO but consider Tampa, FL my home.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership

In 2008, after moving to Denver, I was missing my amazing trainer in Tampa and found a rave review of Butts and Guts in a magazine. I checked with my trainer who said Cathe was awesome...I ordered without delay and the rest is history.

Favorite DVDs/Videos

CrossFire, To The Max, SuperCuts, Athletic Training, Hard Strikes

Favorite Step or other moves

I love it all, except push ups- not a fan of push ups!

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts

I'm a newlywed so am enjoying surfing pinterest for home decorating tips. I love to travel. I love watching college football (Go Gators) in the fall. I'm an avid reader. I love hanging out with my girlfriends enjoying a great meal and a glass of wine!

I can't wait to meet everyone and hope to make lots of new friends!

Attachments

• b and w 247.jpg
    b and w 247.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 24
  • _DSC2745.jpg
    _DSC2745.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 30
Name / Forum Name: Stacie Perkins / FitPerk

Previous Road Trips: My first was the Disney RT. I think my kids were more excited to meet and work out with Cathe than going to Disney. I also made it to the Chicago RT last year. This will be my very first NJ RT!!!!!

Where you’re from and family : I live in Macon, GA with my husband and two babies…..well, they aren’t really babies anymore (10 & 11) but I still call them that!

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership I found out about Cathe through a Collage Video mailer I received at home and have never looked back!

Favorite DVDs/Videos Kick Punch Crunch is my all-time favorite because it was my very first purchase. I can remember hugging my knees hoping not to throw up after the warm-up and low impact section. Now I just giggle when I pop it in and remember how out of shape I used to be – it shows me how much I have accomplished.

Favorite Step or other moves I love hip hop repeaters, ricochets, step slams. There are probably a lot more but I can’t think of them now.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts I love to read – am a TOTAL book nerd and my kids turned out to be just like mom!! I’m a newbie triathlete so I love to run and bike….the jury is still out on swimming. I love anything that works my arms and legs – my two favorite body parts to work. I love it when I am left exhausted and shaking and wondering how bad the doms will be the next day. :eek: I love the beach. I love Disney too!

Fun Stuff: I am absolutely obsessed with knee socks. So much so that all my friends and family give me socks for just about every occasion. :D You better believe I’ll be bringing some new ones to the RT!!!!!!

Attachments

• 7088425867_ef03e080ee_c.jpg
    7088425867_ef03e080ee_c.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0120.jpg
    DSCN0120.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Group dinner shot with Cathe.jpg
    Group dinner shot with Cathe.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 39
Name / Forum Name:
Kay or Karen / chikaygo

Previous Road Trips
Chicago RT 2012

From Chicago, currently living in Oshkosh, Wisconsin

My mom (who I am going with!) used Cathe's videos when i was a teenager. Step seemed fun, so I started working out with them too! Been a forum member since 2003 I think. Not a big poster, but i visit often. :)

Favorite DVDs/Videos
4 Day Split Series, Step Moves, Rhythmic Step...ALL THE STEP VIDEOS!! ;D

Starbursts, hip hop repeaters...can't remember the name, but the one where you reverse hop over while starbursting your arms. I could do that all day!

When it's not tax season (i'm an accountant) i play on a casual sixes volleyball league with my husband. I'm only 5'0" but i LOVE volleyball...i dream of suddenly having a mid-life growth spurt and being able to spike! :D

Fun Stuff:
I love dancing, and have a hard time holding still when there's a good beat going. My husband often thinks I like some of the awful trance music he listens too, because i'm bobbing my head or tapping my feet, but I am completely unaware of it! If it has a beat, I can't sit still. >.< If you're ever driving around Oshkosh, WI and see a girl wildly car dancing, it's probably me.
On a related note: the more complex and dancy a step routine is, the more i love it!

I absolutely love bright colors and rainbow anything. I collect My Little Ponies (the old school 80's ones, but i have a few newer ones too) and plan on re-decorating my office with a My Little Pony theme. I am a 6 year old trapped in a 30-something body! I dressed up as Rainbow Dash for Halloween this last year..pic below! :D

Attachments

• mlp me.jpg
    mlp me.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 43
  • chicagort.jpg
    chicagort.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
My Turn!!!

Name / Forum Name /Email Address / FB Address:

Renee Allen / LovingLife

fieldbrookfitmom @ gmail.com

Renee Southwick Allen on Facebook)

Previous Road Trips:

None, this will be my first!! I can hardly wait!!

Where from/family:

Scotts Valley, California -- right by Santa Cruz, the central California coast!

I have 6 children -- girls 22 and 20, boys 18 and 16, girl 13, and boy 10. My oldest daughter graduated from BYU last spring and is teaching math. My second oldest daughter just left college for 18 months to go on a church mission in Ohio and my oldest son leaves in a few weeks to go on a 2 year mission to Poland. So our house is 1/2 as busy as it used to be with just my youngest 3 children at home. My husband and I have been married for 25 years.

How you were introduced to Cathe:

I used to do FIRM videos religiously in the mid-90's and kept seeing Cathe in the Collage Catalog (I've saved every Collage video catalog since 1996 :) ) and thought she was too advanced or that her step was too complex for my overtaxed brain. But a Video Fitness friend of mine assured me that I, too, could do Cathe workouts. After I had my 5th baby in 1999, she sent me a huge box of her videos that I could try. In it, was Cathe's Pure Strength, MIS/MIC, and Step Max, Step Heat, and Step Jam. She told me that if I tried the step workouts in a certain order (I think it was Step Jam first, Step Heat next), that I would be able to catch on to the choreography. She was right! And I loved Cathe's weight work!!

I pre-ordered Cross Train Xpress and absolutely loved it! I've been pre-ordering ever since!

Favorite DVDs/Videos:

I love SO MANY of them, but I think my favorite step workouts are IMAX2, Step Blast, and Rhythmic Step and my favorite weight workouts are STS Meso 2, Muscle Endurance and Super Sets. My favorite kickboxing is Kick, Punch, and Crunch.

Favorite Step or other moves:

My absolute favorite, makes me smile EVERY SINGLE TIME is the figure 8, rebound back and jack! I also love the kickboxing combo in CTX 10-10-10 and the last hi/lo (which is low impact) combo in Step, Jump and Punch -- such a happy combo! And the last step combo in Low Impact Circuit is super fun, too!

As for weight work, I always love chest work on the step and plie' squats! I also love using the stability ball -- the ball work from the Pyramids is my very favorite!

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts:

I also love to do yoga. I really love yoga and wish I had enough time in the day to do an hour of yoga every day in addition to Cathe, but I rarely do. So I end up doing it as much as I can. When I get sick, yoga takes the place of Cathe until I'm healthy enough for Cathe's workouts again. I do yoga more when I travel, too. I used to take my step and weights with me on trips (I even brought a little TV with me to a hotel once that didn't have a video player in it's workout room and did Cardio Kicks! I did call the hotel in advance to make sure it was okay first, but now I just bring a yoga mat with me and use a treadmill. I've relaxed a bit :) )

And I love to write. Can you tell? :) I have a blog, -- Food + Fitness (it used to be bradybunchmom.com and can still be accessed that way probably till the end of the year) -- I haven't been as consistent with my blog this past year or so, but I'm trying to get my life in better order so I can!

Fun Stuff:

Hmm, let's see -- I absolutely looooove Sting and actually made a New Year's Resolution this year (one I thought I could keep) to listen to Sting music if I could every day because it brings so much JOY to my soul! Yes, he's THAT good!

I've also been learning how great Lululemon jackets are this past year. I wish I hadn't! They are pricey! I had bought some Lulu pants on ebay several years ago and love them (they never wear out!) -- but last year, my husband and I happened upon a Lulu store in San Jose and my husband insisted I try on one of the jackets. I didn't think I needed one or wanted one, but once I tried it on, I was in HEAVEN! He bought it for me and I love wearing it for yoga (and throughout the day). I've since bought a few more of their jackets. I try to blame it on my husband for giving me a taste of what they like, but I know that I could stay off of ebay or the lulu site if I wanted to!

...and anything else -

Oh, I got to be in two workout videos about 8 years ago with Debbie Siebers. I did her Slim Series after having my 6th baby to get the baby weight off (nothing else would work! I'm thinking the muscle endurance workouts didn't make me as hungry as the kind of weight work that I was doing with Cathe at the time). Anyway, after losing that 25 pounds, a friend told me that Beachbody was doing a contest with people who had lost weight with Debbie's workouts. I kind of glanced through the email and decided to apply. I sent in before and after pictures plus videos of myself doing 10 minutes of one of her workouts (they had to see what you really could do a squat :D ) and another video of me saying what her workouts did for me. Long story made short, I was selected somehow out of many, many and got a call that I'd be in 2 of her new videos! I was so stunned because I thought the prize was a trip down to L.A. to go take a class with Debbie. I didn't know I was applying to actually be a cast member! It was an experience I will treasure forever! I'll post a few pics from that trip below since I don't have any Cathe trip pics to post yet! I later got flown down to participate in an infomercial and to go on QVC with Debbie. That was really fun, too!

Attachments

• 1018_1067828578188_1551_n.jpg
    1018_1067828578188_1551_n.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 42
  • rehearsal.jpg
    rehearsal.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 222210_1061382457039_9074_n (1).jpg
    222210_1061382457039_9074_n (1).jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 222215_1061384537091_636_n (1).jpg
    222215_1061384537091_636_n (1).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 1018_1067828658190_1888_n.jpg
    1018_1067828658190_1888_n.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Love that you are all doing this. It makes it fun to get to know you all ahead of time and also see updates of those of you I have already met.

But please don't feel you have to participate if you don't want to. I will be just as excited to get to know you on the roadtrip itself :D

Renee, we were together on the old Firm list many many years ago (dare I say it. Last century. LOL)
I'm looking forward to meeting you! another old time Firm lister is coming with me.

Name / Forum Name:

Rhondalyn/ Pugw

Can pm me for privacy. :) I'm also on FB.

Previous Road Trips

NJ- 2009, 2010, 2013 Chicago- 2012

I've lived in central KY all my life.

I came from the Ya Ya's many years ago.

Favorite DVDs/Videos

My new favorite is XTrain. Seriously, I really like this set. My second favorite would be STS and I will always love Cardio and Weights, K,P & C, The Pyramids and most all the step workouts.

the Hip-Hop Repeater!
"Drop-Squat-Box Step-Cha-Cha to other corner"
Mambo Cha-Cha's (Esp with the turns!)
Triples Around the Board
Pendulums

I copied Deb's list because they are the very things that I also enjoy. ;)

I enjoy variety. Otherwise I get bored. I love using my TRX, Kettlebells, Ugi and other fitness toys to mix things up.

Fun Stuff:

I'm trying hard to come up with something fun to share but finding nothing. :eek: Currently, my biggest joys are my grandkids. I've been blessed with three over the last two years and another is due in a few weeks. :D Three are boys and only one girl.

5862t-36541-295559837187490-767385440-n.jpg

5865t-39009-1577014188268-3106441-n.jpg

5863t-37803-1578991997712-2928987-n.jpg

5864t-38617-1579847259093-1374928-n.jpg

5867t-534948-3714367666849-588726290-n.jpg

Not sure how to get the pics to do like all the others. :/

Wait-Listed and Hopeful

Hi all, Lorraine Esposito here. Though I'm wait listed for the trip, I'm so hopeful that I've just booked my room at the Fairfield Inn. I want to be with all my fellow workout warriors again this year.

Road Trips: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 ---- 2013 (mojo needed)

Basics about me
Live in Scarsdale NY
2 sons, Michael 16 and 14 by Road Trip
Married to Ralph for 19 years (wow ... that's a long time)
Training with Cathe since the 90s - Step Jam, Mega Step Blast

When not training
I am a Professional Life Coach, founder of the Coaching School of Mastery at Westchester Community College (a state of New York University school) collaborator with the National Football League and USA Football regarding youth sports health and safety, mentor coach, and so much more.

My one big dream
To certify as life coaches all the teachers in an elementary school so that education is delivered with a coach approach. I'll know I've made a difference in the world when you call your kids' 1st grade teacher a 1st grade coach.

See you all in New Jersey!

Lorraine

Name / Forum Name:

Jennifer DiMascio/jdimascio

I am on Facebook, feel free to pm me anytime!!

Previous Road Trips

Disney 2011, Glassboro 2011, 2012

Blue Bell, PA...about 30-40 outside of Philly, PA

Ran most of my life, needed a change, bought Gymstyle....feel in love, rest is history. Never thought I could do step...now I absolutely love it!!

Favorite DVDs/Videos

All of them, lol...actually depends on my mood. But I found myself gravitating more to:

Cardio: Imax3, Intensity, Afterburn, To the Max
Strength: STS, Gymstyle, Pyramids, ALL of Cathe's leg workouts....no one does a better job working the legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Hip-Hop Repeater!
Ricochets, Power 15s, drop squat pendulums, mambo cha chas, anything that involves jumping, cross-countries, I could go on and on.....

Yes, I love to run...but slowly get disinterested. Not sure why, I am so competitive, that's the only thing really keeping me in the game. I am a training and I teach women's boot camp classes. I coach numerous teams - cross-country, lacrosse, and field hockey. I am currently studying for my NASM PES certification (Athletic Training). I also work part-time at a pharma company, which is ironic since I am not big on pushing drugs when I know there are better solutions (not all cases, but most).

I love spending time with my 4 children - Ben - 12, Grace - 10, Emma - 8, and Noah - 6.

I love to cook, I love creating healthy delicious foods...

Fun Stuff:

Hmmm....so this is what I am looking forward to with the coming RT:

What socks Stacie P. is going to wear
If Gal Pal has a new man in her life...or a new look.
If I can convince Bev to come and hang up front for a step class
If I am lucky enough to peddle alongside my spinning bud, Jenn A - who also knows how to rock the High Knees!
If Cathe is going to slap any hineys this year....seriously the funniest thing last RT.
Kristin and Sue rocking the Zumba
Seeing the "6-pack" sisters...You know who you are.
Lorraine racing to class....because she will be there (positive VIBES)!!!!!!!!
And Seeing all of my CycleMax buds...miss you girls!!!!!!!!!

More to come.....may have to add on, I am just looking forward to the best weekend ever!!!!

Attachments

• 264158_2180230994391_1505407396_2408561_3658990_n.jpg
    264158_2180230994391_1505407396_2408561_3658990_n.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 17
Hi I'm Kristin

Name / Forum Name: Kristin Tallodi/KrisS

PM me on facebook @ Kristin Tallodi

Previous Road Trips
Glassboro July 2008, Eggland's Best NYC, Daytona 2010, Disney 2011, Glassboro 2012

Lived in Connecticut all of my life although I was born in Portsmouth New Hampshire on a military base.

My very first Cathe workout was Step Heat and that was sometime in the 90's back when Cathe still made VHS. I was hooked from then and bought all of her wokouts from collage video.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
KPC, Rhythmic step, Step moves, Athletic Step, STS, Afterburn, To the Max, Crossfire, Hardstrikes, Supercuts, Ride

I love all of Cathe's step choreography!! I'm really loving all of the "functional" exercises in supercuts

I am a part time fitness instructor/personal trainer at my local YMCA and I teach Group power, kick, step, core, trx, and recently got certified to teach Zumba. I'm still working on it!!! I also love to compete in bikini/figure competitions, and I'm currently going to school to become a registered dietitian.

Fun Stuff:
I love taking long walks with my hubbie and our "fur baby" Zues. To unwind I love to go out to the movies with Hubbie, and bake!! I love me some fresh cupcakes. My other passion is hairdressing and I own my own travel hair dressing business where I go to people's homes and glam them up.

I am looking forward to reuniting with old friends and making new friends at Glassboro (and getting my butt kicked by Cathe). I have met some of my best friends from Cathe roadtrips, and I love how she brings us all together and unites us as one.

Attachments

• Kristin-134s.jpg
    Kristin-134s.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 25
Name / Forum Name:
Jean
dreamyjeanie

Previous Road Trips
Let's just say a lot. First one in 2005, last one was Glassboro 2012 and a lot in between.

Where you're from and family (again only if comfortable)
I live in Texas. Born and raised in California, but moved to Texas after getting married in 1983. Been here ever since. I am married to the same man for almost 30 years now and we have 1 grown daughter who is 26.

Discovered Cathe like so many others by switching the channel and came across her on FitTv. I would do the TV versions over and over and finally bought my first DVD when I decided to go to the 2005 road trip. I figured I better condition myself with a full length version if I was going to come workout with Cathe live.

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p

Pyramid Upper Body and Rhythmic Step and the whole STS series.

Hip Hop Repeater

I enjoy jogging, but do not do it enough. Also love to bike ride, but rarely get a chance to do that.

Fun Stuff:
I am an animal lover and currently have a crazy golden retriever. She is my running buddy. I am a Cathe Road Trip addict so I should be super fit, but I'm not. I guess that would be because I am also a candy/sweets addict. :eek: Maybe one day I will conquer that issue. I am looking forward to connecting with old friends and meeting new ones and of course getting to work out live with Cathe.

Name / Forum Name:
Jean
dreamyjeanie

Previous Road Trips
Let's just say a lot. First one in 2005, last one was Glassboro 2012 and a lot in between.

I live in Texas. Born and raised in California, but moved to Texas after getting married in 1983. Been here ever since. I am married to the same man for almost 30 years now and we have 1 grown daughter who is 26.

Discovered Cathe like so many others by switching the channel and came across her on FitTv. I would do the TV versions over and over and finally bought my first DVD when I decided to go to the 2005 road trip. I figured I better condition myself with a full length version if I was going to come workout with Cathe live.

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p

Pyramid Upper Body and Rhythmic Step and the whole STS series.

Hip Hop Repeater

I enjoy jogging, but do not do it enough. Also love to bike ride, but rarely get a chance to do that.

Fun Stuff:
I am an animal lover and currently have a crazy golden retriever. She is my running buddy. I am a Cathe Road Trip addict so I should be super fit, but I'm not. I guess that would be because I am also a candy/sweets addict. :eek: Maybe one day I will conquer that issue. I am looking forward to connecting with old friends and meeting new ones and of course getting to work out live with Cathe.

Jean, don't feel bad....sweets are my down fall too!! If you figure out a way to break that habit please share:) LOL

I finally set some time aside and went through this! I'm also feeling absurdly shy up in here.

Name / Forum Name:
Suzy Baldwin / soozies

Email Address / FB Address
[email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/suzybaldwin

Previous Road Trips

None – this will be my first

Where you're from and family
New Haven, CT.
I live here with my husband of 16 years. We have one 11 year old boy, who’s heavily into soccer. I've lived in Connecticut for most of my life, originally from "The Valley" area.

I think I first saw Cathe on FitTV back in 1995 or '96. I was not as active or interested in exercise then as I am now. I can remember thinking, “When I get fit enough, I’ll check this serious exercise lady out.” As if ‘getting fit’ was going to suddenly land on my body, by merely eating inadequate calories.

The year of my 40th birthday (2010) I decided I was not going to turn 40 and be unhealthy and unhappy with the extra pounds I had collected. I began a program of some cardio, strength & circuit training – all with the help of Exercise TV. I did a Couch to 5K program. I ‘graduated’ to P90X and Insanity. After a few intense months, I realized that I was ‘fit enough’ to revisit Cathe. I looked online, and began ordering her videos here and there. I treated myself with the STS Program. I found the Workout Manager and started using it obsessively.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Slow & Heavy Series
Butts & Gutts
Athletic Step
Intensity
Cross Train Xpress Power Circuit

Reverse ricochet, hip-hop repeater, up jacks, reverse mambo.
I also love work on the stability ball, but haven’t mastered pikes yet.

I dislike: the Over-face-and-Over along the length of the step. For some reason I can’t do this correctly. I can get lost and confused in the simplest things. :) Not a fan of push-ups, either. Oh, the shame!

I also was heavily into Jari Love for a while. Kettlebells. Super-slow running. Like, people-stop-and-ask-me-if-I'm-OK-when-I'm-running slow.

Fun stuff:
Other interests include: crochet & knitting; being a soccer mom, understanding being a motherless daughter; learning about food and cooking; not growing out of punk rock but not staying stuck in the 70s and 80s; staying teachable in all things.

I love the Walking Dead and science shows about the universe and quantum mechanics.

I fanatically search ebay for whatever item I’m currently obsessing about, like boots & shoes, handbags, dresses. I enjoy shopping for a great deal.

I’m a work in progress.

(hope I attached the pic correctly)

Attachments

• family.jpg
    family.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 18
Soozies, last year was my first RT. Went in clueless but quickly meet some great people and had a blast. You will too:)

my turn

Name / Forum Name:
Laina Hamilton / lainabaina

Email Address / FB Address
[email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/laina.z.hamilton

Previous Road Trips
Glassboro 2011 & 2012

Where you're from and family
born in Springville, NY; raised in Lawrenceville, GA. Currently live in Dacula, GA

Like so many others, FitTV, though I had seen her videos in the Collage Video catalogs since probably the mid 90's. i joined the forum abt 5 yrs ago, whenever STS pre-sale was going on.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
STS, Afterburn, CrossFire, HIIT, Tabatacise, Cardio Leg Blast, TurboBarre, Drill Max

Step is not my fave, but if i had to pick I like the pendulum into a drop squat from 4DS.
other than step my fave used to be scissor, scissor, wide, tuck until CLB came along. Now my fave is 2 plyo jacks into 4 air jacks. i swear i smile when i do that.

I dislike:
alternating taps on the step (snore)

Road Cycling, Mountain Biking, Mtn Bike racing (mostly enduro), Running, Duathalons (mostly off road ones), teaching Group Ride & R30, an occasional Adventure Race or the like (did Tough Mudder last year) but only when my arm is twisted.

Fun stuff:
Other interests include:
Love to cook, and especially love Paleo and experimenting with those recipes. i did the Whole 30 last August and liked how i felt after doing that. Love watching college football and college basketball. Hubby scored us tickets to the Final Four! I work from home, full-time, in the Aerospace Industry and love it. My 2 sons are 16 & 14 and they keep me pretty busy running them places. Finally, could not leave out our beloved dog, Gideon. he is a 3 yr old yellow Lab who loves to accompany me on trails runs, but his fave thing is to run with us when we mtn bike.

Just copy and paste this section below, add your info and don't forget a pic!

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name: - Michele Backer / backer65

- [email protected]/FB: https://www.facebook.com/michele.backer

Previous Road Trips - This is my first one - I'm so excited to other newbies and all the veterans and, of course, Cathe and crew!

I'm originally from Michigan but my husband and two children now live in Bethesda, Maryland. I never knew I had a midwest accent when I speak until everyone in the DC area told me ;D

Found Cathe through The Firm forums back in 2005. My first purchase was Cathe 4-Day Split. I remember thinking I'd never get the footwork down on the step sections. Next purchase was butts and guts - I made it 35 minutes before I nearly died but I stuck with it and now I use heavier weights , but I still have to say this one always challenges me.

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Tabatacize, Rhythmic Step (I grab this one when I don't want to work out because it's more like dance), STS and Butts & Guts. Oh who am I kidding, I love them all in one way or another.

Hip, hop repeater. I love to hate the pile jacks too.

Love to run several 5K races a year with my daughter (13). She was diagnosed with insulin resistance and has really come a long way with her fitness progress and great eating habits. I enjoy bicycling to Georgetown for a beer and occasional game of laser tag or rock climbing (indoors) with my kids.

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how your names associate with each other

-I'm a U of Michigan Alumni -- GO BLUE!!! I met my husband while we were both working on our MBA's at the U of Chicago. Both my children were born at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. I enjoy a nice glass of red wine or occasionally a rum and coke. I'm hoping to complete the 3-day walk for a cure in DC with my daughter in 2 years when she turns 15 and is eligible.

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves.

Hello Catheletes!!!!

Me at the Baysox!

Name / Forum Name:

Kathy Lapinski / kbltater2

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips

This will be my first!

Bowie, Maryland (DC Metro area). I am single with 2 cats! I have 2 Niece's. Most of my family is local, lives in Md.

I've been doing Cathe workouts since the mid 90's. I think I found out about her through Video Fitness. I thought she was and still is great! I am now a forever Cathelete! I fell off the fitness wagon for about 5 years (have been active now for 2), but I am back!!! I was also an XTRAIN Success story!

Favorite DVDs/Videos

There are so many, hard to pick them. I like Tabatacize, XTRAIN Cardio Leg Blast, Afterburn, Crossfire, High Step Training, etc etc. I like them all, actually. Only one I really didn't like was Slide and Glide.

Richochet, Apple Picker, Power 7's, Power 15's (love to hate those), Pendulum into drop squat, Plie air squats (love to hate those also)!!!

Shopping (sighhhh), cooking, Indoor Cycling, reading, playing on my IPAD (Words With Friends is too addictive), swimming, playing with my kitties. I work in IT field. I also work out to Jillian Michaels, Michelle Dozios, Mike Donavanick, Bob Harper, but mostly with Cathe.

Attachments

• SAM_0012.jpg
    SAM_0012.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Name / Forum Name: Nancy (“Gibbee”)

Email Address / FB Address (pm for privacy): I am a member of the Roadtripping to Glassboro FB group!

Previous Road Trips: Chicago 2012… my first Cathe roadtrip – and it ROCKED!!! This is my first trip to Glassboro!

Where you are from and family: Missouri. My DH and I have one daughter who just turned 20 last week. (Where has the time gone??)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: I kept hearing all of this great stuff about Cathe on VF (back in ’96 … I was a Firmie in the early 90’s) and elsewhere then I bought a video from Collage Video to try one out… visited Cathe.com and that’s all she wrote!

The best “Cathe” thing ever: When Cathe offered the big DVD package back in 2000, I bought all but the all-step workouts one and I never miss a presale or DVD package presale! Bring on Flex Train!

Favorite DVDs/Videos ALL of Cathe’s strength and kickboxing workouts. Bring on MMA Boxing!!! I also really like 4DS LIS… it’s just plain fun. I also really enjoy the low impact and boot camp sections of Intensity, too.

Favorite Step or other moves: Jab Cross Hook Upper Pop Pop Duck!

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: I enjoy working out with Cathe as well as KCM (TLC!!!) and some other kickboxing and kettlebell workouts. No one does weight training like Cathe, although I did enjoy a rotation of Metrx 180 and have occasionally sprinkled Frank’s workouts in here and there. I have dabbled with Body Beast but have never committed to a full rotation of it. I have a video collection that is embarrassingly big.

I enjoy amateur photography and like to read James Rollin’s books. I am hoping someone will take some photos of me on the trip. Last time I had DH there to do it and he took pics for me and some of the lovely ladies I met in Chicago. I was SO spoiled!! I will return the favor!

Fun Stuff: We are an avid marching band family… DH and I met in high school marching band and our daughter later participated in the same high school marching band (and DH was eventually booster president and I ran communications!). We love to hear a good marching band and we go out of our way to see kids marching and playing. Traditional indoor concerts are good, too. Nothing like a Sousa march, Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture, or a score written by Aaron Copeland or Hans Zimmer! :)

Honestly, I have hesitated posting on here because my father has been very ill with AML leukemia for nearly three years and I wasn’t sure if I was going to get to go on this trip. He passed away in early May and I have been slowly allowing myself to get excited about this trip. I have never been to Glassboro and this will be a dream come true! Just hope I can handle the traffic from the Philadelphia airport to Deptford, Glassboro and back! :

Can’t wait to meet everyone!

ust copy and paste this section below, add your info and don't forget a pic!

Name / Forum Name: Jen/ Jennifur

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy) feel free to pm me.

Previous Road Trips- this will be my very first road trip. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Where you're from and family (again only if comfortable) I'm originally from NYC, I presently live in NJ after having lived in San Diego for 9 years.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership- I've been a Cathe follower since her very first video. I have just about everything she's ever done.It's been so long, I can't even remember how I found her!

Favorite DVDs/Videos- Step Blast and Imax 2 have to be my all time favorites. Loved STS, Xtrain.

Favorite Step or other moves- Can't remember the name of it but it's a repeater with a hesitation. Also hip hop repeater-just cant do the hip hop part anymore due to knee issues.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts- Road biking, just recently got into power yoga and doing the UY108. Never, ever thought I'd do this! Kettlebells.
Pet lover- I have 2 dogs, 3 cats. I love to read.

Fun Stuff:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.