INSANITY HAS LANDED!!!

Hi, Lisa / Afreet:

My DVD recorder is a Panasonic that I got back in the winter of 2007, and it's totally revolutionized my home-ex routines. It's a device separate and apart from my DVD player, and what I do is: put a blank DVD into the recorder, place the disc that has the segment I want (note that I'm not limited to copying a specific chapter; I can record as much or as little of a disc as I want at whatever point I want to start), go to the point where I want to start, and hit RECORD. I record whatever part of the disc I want, then pop in the next disc and record whatever I want from that, and so on. I can create my own chapters with the recorder as well. The only drawback is that you have to record in real time, much like recording a CD track to an audiocassette (remember those?), so creating these discs takes time. And it needs planning, so that I'm not fishing around for five minutes for the next disc or whatever.

I'll give you one example of a DVD mix:

Circuit Max warm-up as a separate chapter

Next chapter:
Circuit Max hi/lo cycle #1
4DS-BC blasts 1, 5 and 11
Boot Camp cardio cycles 1 and 5 back to back
Drill Max cycle #3
Kick Max Blast Challenge drills 4-6

Next chapter:
Circuit Max hi/lo chcle #2
4DS-BC blasts 2, 4 and 10
Boot Camp cardio cycles 2 and 6 back to back
Drill Max cycle #5
Kick Max Blast Challenge drills 1-3

Next Chapter:
10-10-10 hi/lo
4DS-BC blasts 3, 6 and 12
Boot Camp cardio cycles 8 and 7 back to back
Drill Max cycle #6 (including squat-thrusts)
Kick Max Blast Challenge drills 8-10

I call that one "Guilt-Killer Circuit Max Style"

You can do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, you want. You can design circuit workouts for cardio and resistance, create your own step mish-moshes, create your own ab mish-moshes (which I LUVVVVVVVVVVVV), and so on. Because I love high intensity AND because Cathe's highest intensity stuff has totally revolutionized my own fitness level, I tend to strip things down to their toughest parts. I believe that has prepared me quite well for Insanity!

Hope this answers your question!

A-Jock

Wow- thank you sooo much! This totally answers my question and I am already devising murderously difficult cardio routines, ab routines, etc. I'm also relishing finally being able to (seamlessly) combine my kickboxing and kettlebelling. AWESOME. Again, thanks!

Lisa

Thanks

If you'd like some help dealing w/ this, send me a pm. :)

Thanks Jonahnah, but I hope everything work out for me I have to call them back on Wend. and see if the recorded conversation is on my favor that way I will keep everything and I will not have to pay for since I did not agree for it.
But thanks if I need help I will let you know. Do you work for them?

Eunice

This is the first time..

I am sorry you had a bad experience..... you know, I have had to call Beach Body twice in the last week regarding orders I placed for 2 different programs and the customer service was great! I do not work for BB and have nothing to gain by commenting but I found the service to be courteous and replacement/ missing components shipped out very swiftly.

Brenda in Indiana

I never did before this is the first time and I hope the last one.. I mean the service costumer is good, I don't know what happen, why did she mess with my order..
I hate them right now after this... They want to ripe me off, no way is going to happen..

Eunice

yes way to much money..

My total was $145.xx for basic package, shipping & tax. The deluxe packages are $164.70. plus shipping & tax.
Are you saying there is more than one charge?

Oh yes, Cynthia when I spoke with the costumer service, that lady say that my whole package was $300 and something more, way a lo of money.
I got the ups track number so if I can't fix this I will send everything back. I remember asking how much was my first payment and she say, ahah $ 75. and I said to her ok I don't want to pay more than $100. and she said no is only $75.. so I hope I can fix this I really want this workouts..I've been waiting patiently for this and is nor fair...

Eunice

For those of you family with BB. What is the benefit of ordering through a coach?

You pay less shipping. If there is a problem with your order, your coach will go to battle for you. Coaches do not have to deal with "international" customer service reps, that really can't get it done right away.

A-Jock - OMG that circuit workout sounds awesome. Wouldn't it be cool if you could speed things up also (like he does in the 2 and 3 round of the Insanity circuits)? I think I'm going to have to ask for a DVD recorder for bday or Xmas.

Also A-Jock . . . what makes Lifetime evil? I'd given up gyms for about 10 years and then a Lifetime opened up down the street. I really didn't want to like it (because I hate gyms) but man that place is nice. We ended up joining. From an amenities standpoint it's great (especially for the kids). I don't really love the group classes but a few of them are good. Gin Miller actually teaches there a couple times a week. Just curious why you have such an aversion?

Sancho - ahhhhh . . . Lifetime isn't really evil. But when you're an employee you really, really have to jump through a lot of hoops, especially if you're a GFX instructor. Meetings upon meetings, you have to be able to recite The Mission Statement on command (and if you can't, that's grounds for immediate dismissal), GFX instructors were expected to perform janitorial work in the studios, you had to be willing to put in unpaid time on their events like their Triathlon and what-have-you . . . it was a pain in the arse. And the CEO, Bahram Akradi, is a buffoon. He in fact was prosecuted for felony damage to property and assault when he walloped an 18-year-old kid in a parking lot, and smirked throughout the whole proceeding. Meh. No thanks; I'll earn my money elsewhere. But I do agree their facilities are quite good.

A-Jock

Sancho - ahhhhh . . . Lifetime isn't really evil. But when you're an employee you really, really have to jump through a lot of hoops, especially if you're a GFX instructor. Meetings upon meetings, you have to be able to recite The Mission Statement on command (and if you can't, that's grounds for immediate dismissal), GFX instructors were expected to perform janitorial work in the studios, you had to be willing to put in unpaid time on their events like their Triathlon and what-have-you . . . it was a pain in the arse. And the CEO, Bahram Akradi, is a buffoon. He in fact was prosecuted for felony damage to property and assault when he walloped an 18-year-old kid in a parking lot, and smirked throughout the whole proceeding. Meh. No thanks; I'll earn my money elsewhere. But I do agree their facilities are quite good.

A-Jock

I see your point !!! When I first joined I was a bit put off by all their silly little rules. I seemed to break them all over the place. But now I've adjusted to their ways and it isn't so bad. There is a kickbox instructor at our club who teaches a fantastic class but she is a bit wild. For Halloween she dressed as a dominatrix (leather, whip, the whole bit). Some days she comes dress in the amount of material in a bikini. She has brought a TON of business to the club. Her class is always packed (I mean packed). I always wondered what "corporate" would think of her. The suburban housewives LOVE her.

It sounds like there's no actually weight work, just strength moves. Can someone give us a sample of the menu and rotation?

The deluxe kit comes with and Upper Body Weight workout but it is not part of the rotation. It's just an add on for you to use how you want. I've seen postings of the rotation and what's on each disk either here or on VF but I can't find it now. The workouts are very cardio centered but he roatates in various tricep exercises, plank based exercises and push ups. No weights are used in the workouts. I haven't decided if it's enough upper body work for me or not. Right now, I'm adding 4DS upperbody work. For me, I feel that there's plenty of leg work with all the plyos.

On the Lifetime topic, I LOVE Lifetime because I haven't lived near a gym in years. I love the group environment - I think it's motivating. My MIL is a member and I go to classes with her occasionally. I love the multi step classes - so fun. When we visit for long periods of time, I get a 2 week pass or something and it's awesome. Especially b/c my parents and in laws don't have the equip I need to keep up with my WOs while I'm there! But, yuck about being an employee there. That would suck!

On the Lifetime topic, I LOVE Lifetime because I haven't lived near a gym in years. I love the group environment - I think it's motivating. My MIL is a member and I go to classes with her occasionally. I love the multi step classes - so fun. When we visit for long periods of time, I get a 2 week pass or something and it's awesome. Especially b/c my parents and in laws don't have the equip I need to keep up with my WOs while I'm there! But, yuck about being an employee there. That would suck!

One thing I DO like about Lifetime Fitness is the fact that they very clearly post a rule - and enforce this rule rigorously - that no opposite-sex children of any age are allowed in the locker rooms, female AND male locker rooms. They do provide a family changing locker room that accommodates both sexes. I had the very disgusting experience more than once with my own club chain of mothers bringing their sons (one of whom had to be at least nine years old) into the locker room where you have women flying every flag they got. I've caught some heat in the past from the Moms-Can-Do-No-Wrong contingent when I've complained about it, but so be it.

Okay. Back to INSANITY! I LOVE IT!

A-Jock

One thing I DO like about Lifetime Fitness is the fact that they very clearly post a rule - and enforce this rule rigorously - that no opposite-sex children of any age are allowed in the locker rooms, female AND male locker rooms. They do provide a family changing locker room that accommodates both sexes. I had the very disgusting experience more than once with my own club chain of mothers bringing their sons (one of whom had to be at least nine years old) into the locker room where you have women flying every flag they got. I've caught some heat in the past from the Moms-Can-Do-No-Wrong contingent when I've complained about it, but so be it.

Okay. Back to INSANITY! I LOVE IT!

A-Jock

The gym I just joined also posts that boys who no longer wear diapers are not allowed in the ladies locker room, I think it is absolutely rude and absurd for mothers to bring in boys older than 2 into a women's locker room, just leave them in daycare a little longer. It's uncomfortable for the women, I don't even like changing in front of other women, let alone someone's son, and think of how disturbing that would be for a little boy!

Thank you dear! Your words are encouraging and although I am still on the fence, I think I might be closer to a purchase! :) Have a great Monday!

Hi, Marnold! Your words are very flattering. True confessions: I have not yet inaugurated the Insanity Series; I received it on Wed. when I was recovering from a tummy bug that blew through like a Texas tornado taking all my vital bodily fluids, energy and appetite with it. I'm planning on doing either Max Interval Circuit or Max Interval Plyo, and Insane Abs, for sure this coming Sunday.

With that said - just in the previewing, yes, this purchase was what I wanted and expected. Just looking at how Shaun has structured his drill blocks, and the drills that he has incorporated, tell me that #1 I'm going to be put through my paces, #2 I'm going to thoroughly enjoy a pace that is not on-the-beat, and #3 I know that there are some drills out there that I won't be able to complete the first time out - which is what I've been looking for for years. I have no doubt that doing the workouts in this series (in my own funky, freestyle, rotation-free way) will improve my power performance and cardio capabilities.

I have a little secret: a DVD recorder (as opposed to a digital DVD burner) in which I can record whatever I want from however many discs I want in whatever order I want onto a custom DVD. That has enabled me over the past 2-1/2 years to peel away all the fluff and the rests and lighter cardio interstices and create DVDs that rival my toughest mish-moshes. That has totally improved my power performance and cardio endurance, and I think that's why I was so ready for Insanity - AND Shock Cardio.

I look forward to checking in with the other Insanitinas either here or on VF with my opinions - which are only opinions.

Thanks again for your flattering words!

A-Jock

I got my dvd's x insanity price :)

Yesterday I got the Insanity dvd's for a insanity price. No way I will keep it, this is going back at least all the extra crap, 2 recovery drinks and the 2 or 3 dvd's. I really want this series so I hope I don't regret buying it. How is everyone else doing with this workouts? So far so good? is everyone doing a weight training after or before Insanity?

Eunice

I love it so far. I've done all the workouts for the first month a couple of times. The only thing I don't like with this program is the long stretching segment after the warm up. I enjoy a good stretch, but at the end of my workout, not when I just got warmed up! So I've started skipping over the stretch, going from the warm up to the main workout, then going back to the stretch afterwards if I have time. His end of workout stretch is usually sufficient for me. This is probably something that just happens to my weird body, but I used to do a lot of stretching after my workouts. I also had a lot of muscle pulls and strains. My friend who's a physical therapist suggested that I minimize the stretching and see if that helped, and it did!! Now that I do minimal stretching, I don't have strained or pulled muscles anymore. That's why Sean's stretching segments aren't for me. Not saying this is right for everyone, just me.

Insanity? Where can I find it......:rolleyes:

Beachbody.com or teambeachbody.com and I think here is someone that can help you with the ordering, I wish I had, so you don't have any problems with the extra money they want to get out of your packet.

Jonahnah I think she can help...

Eunice

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.