INSANITY HAS LANDED!!!

Brenda -
Does that mean your DH always knows when a package is coming your way??? :eek:
That definitely would not work in my house. I've instructed my UPS guy (whom I adore) to always try to get here before 4 p.m. so I have a chance to get rid of all the evidence!!!:D

Over the course of our many years of marriage, we have come to a truce regarding how we spend our discretionary income. I am a yoga/ pilates/ group fitness instructor and the money I make doing that is what I use to feed my fitness dvd passion. He doesn't question any of my purchases and he is enjoying all the equipment I have bought to equip our home gym.
BTW.... he never opens packages or even looks at them because a few years ago he discovered his christmas gift early and was pleased at the gift but very disappointed the surprise was ruined so I never have to worry about inquiring minds again!!!

Brenda in Indiana

PS: Insanity arrived yeasterday.... gonna start it Sunday or monday!!!!

I'm so maddddd...

The eating/plan guide comes with the basic package too.
The 3 extra DVD's is the only difference.

OMG I'm so mad right now,(its my fault I should just order on line stupid me).. I call this morning to order the package and I was been good saying NO to everything they offer, but after 4 hours I went to check my bank account I saw a charge for $148 I called immediately and she said that they charged me for the super duper deluxe package with the recovery drinks and I can't believe I couldn't cancel I have to wait until I get this so I can return it.
She told me that they going to listen the conversation if I never agree i will keep it and they will refund the difference. I want my money back.

I wish i could cancel right now.

My insanity has shipped! Whoohoo! AND, my STS is arriving today, will be there when I get home. I am so excited I cant stand it!!

OMG I'm so mad right now,(its my fault I should just order on line stupid me).. I call this morning to order the package and I was been good saying NO to everything they offer, but after 4 hours I went to check my bank account I saw a charge for $148 I called immediately and she said that they charged me for the super duper deluxe package with the recovery drinks and I can't believe I couldn't cancel I have to wait until I get this so I can return it.
She told me that they going to listen the conversation if I never agree i will keep it and they will refund the difference. I want my money back.

If you'd like some help dealing w/ this, send me a pm. :)

AQUAJOCK

I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and respect your opinion. I haven't purchased anything from BeachBody since the original P90X. I really didn't enjoy it for many reasons and have avoided BeachBody since then. I love the structure of STS and have always loved Cathe's style. I really have wanted to branch out to non-Cathe workouts but have feared that the programs which BeachBody offered on TV would be lame because of my disappointment with P90X. So, in YOUR humble opinion, was this purchase everything you expected? I know this program and the Chalean experience are quite popular but I am wary. Thanks for your valued input.

Too weird: I had to call in sick today because I got hit with a tummy bug late yesterday afternoon which had me in the loo for much of the night (TMI), and I'm only now able to contemplate weak tea and Internet surfing. As I was playing around on these forums, I saw The Big Brown Truck driving off in the distance through my arcadia door, got curious, and opened the front door and HELLO. Mine was the Deluxe package, too!

I'll spend the rest of the day as a depleted, rehydrating and (hopefully) refueling lump, previewing my beloved Insanities.

If only Shock Cardio were on its way as well . . .

A-Jock

I am sorry you had a bad experience..... you know, I have had to call Beach Body twice in the last week regarding orders I placed for 2 different programs and the customer service was great! I do not work for BB and have nothing to gain by commenting but I found the service to be courteous and replacement/ missing components shipped out very swiftly.

Brenda in Indiana

OMG I'm so mad right now,(its my fault I should just order on line stupid me).. I call this morning to order the package and I was been good saying NO to everything they offer, but after 4 hours I went to check my bank account I saw a charge for $148

My total was $145.xx for basic package, shipping & tax. The deluxe packages are $164.70. plus shipping & tax.
Are you saying there is more than one charge?

A-jock,
Do you think Insanity is the toughest cardio you own or is there anything that compares intensity wise (at least some of your mish moshes do, I'm sure)??

My total was $145.xx for basic package, shipping & tax. The deluxe packages are $164.70. plus shipping & tax.
Are you saying there is more than one charge?

I think Worsenemy did the 3 payment option and she posted what her FIRST payment was. :(

I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and respect your opinion. I haven't purchased anything from BeachBody since the original P90X. I really didn't enjoy it for many reasons and have avoided BeachBody since then. I love the structure of STS and have always loved Cathe's style. I really have wanted to branch out to non-Cathe workouts but have feared that the programs which BeachBody offered on TV would be lame because of my disappointment with P90X. So, in YOUR humble opinion, was this purchase everything you expected? I know this program and the Chalean experience are quite popular but I am wary. Thanks for your valued input.

Hi, Marnold! Your words are very flattering. True confessions: I have not yet inaugurated the Insanity Series; I received it on Wed. when I was recovering from a tummy bug that blew through like a Texas tornado taking all my vital bodily fluids, energy and appetite with it. I'm planning on doing either Max Interval Circuit or Max Interval Plyo, and Insane Abs, for sure this coming Sunday.

With that said - just in the previewing, yes, this purchase was what I wanted and expected. Just looking at how Shaun has structured his drill blocks, and the drills that he has incorporated, tell me that #1 I'm going to be put through my paces, #2 I'm going to thoroughly enjoy a pace that is not on-the-beat, and #3 I know that there are some drills out there that I won't be able to complete the first time out - which is what I've been looking for for years. I have no doubt that doing the workouts in this series (in my own funky, freestyle, rotation-free way) will improve my power performance and cardio capabilities.

I have a little secret: a DVD recorder (as opposed to a digital DVD burner) in which I can record whatever I want from however many discs I want in whatever order I want onto a custom DVD. That has enabled me over the past 2-1/2 years to peel away all the fluff and the rests and lighter cardio interstices and create DVDs that rival my toughest mish-moshes. That has totally improved my power performance and cardio endurance, and I think that's why I was so ready for Insanity - AND Shock Cardio.

I look forward to checking in with the other Insanitinas either here or on VF with my opinions - which are only opinions.

Thanks again for your flattering words!

A-Jock

A-jock,
Do you think Insanity is the toughest cardio you own or is there anything that compares intensity wise (at least some of your mish moshes do, I'm sure)??

Hi, Gogigi! I think Insanity is probably among the toughest cardio I own, although it's a bit tough to say at this point since I haven't inaugurated it yet (although my guess is "yes"). Note my answer to MArnold above, in which I describe the custom DVDs I've created with my DVD recorder that put my toughest traditional mish-moshes in the deep, deep shade intensity- and training-wise. I'll probably have to defer a proper answer until I've crawled thru Max Interval Circuit or Max Interval Plyo this coming Sunday.

Soooooooooooooo . . . are you gonna get it or what?

A-Jock The Enabler

Hi, Gogigi! I think Insanity is probably among the toughest cardio I own, although it's a bit tough to say at this point since I haven't inaugurated it yet (although my guess is "yes"). Note my answer to MArnold above, in which I describe the custom DVDs I've created with my DVD recorder that put my toughest traditional mish-moshes in the deep, deep shade intensity- and training-wise. I'll probably have to defer a proper answer until I've crawled thru Max Interval Circuit or Max Interval Plyo this coming Sunday.

A-Jock The Enabler

Hi there Annette Q. Enabler:

Would you be willing to share more about this DVD recorder? The idea of custom DVDs is extremely alluring. I'm not completely inept with electronics, but I've never even considered such a device before and I'd like to have a baseline for my shopping!

Lisa the Easily Enabled.

A-Jock The Enabler

As much as I DESPISE BB and the way they bully people who sell their workouts (and dare to offer free shipping) and their HIGH, HIGH cost of shipping unless you buy from a coach, etc, etc, etc...I will one day cave on this. Thanks for all the updates and answering my questions!!!

I'm not A-jock . . . but I am a cardio intensity junkie and I am loving Insanity.

For years I have complained that there just aren't any cardio DVD's out there that are challenging enough. I do all the Imax's, Drill Max, Plyo X, and Plyo X+ etc and they are challenging, but I am able to do them all the way through without stopping. I generally use a 10 inch step (I know, dangerous) and chapter through the breaks. I wanted something that I didn't have to make harder (or dangerous with a 10 inch step) and that I couldn't get all the way through without a break.

I've done 2 Insanity workouts and these challenge me in the way I've been craving. The preview workout I've done 3 times and still can't make it through without stopping.

I am LOVING this series.

Hi there Annette Q. Enabler:

Would you be willing to share more about this DVD recorder? The idea of custom DVDs is extremely alluring. I'm not completely inept with electronics, but I've never even considered such a device before and I'd like to have a baseline for my shopping!

Lisa the Easily Enabled.

Hi, Lisa / Afreet:

My DVD recorder is a Panasonic that I got back in the winter of 2007, and it's totally revolutionized my home-ex routines. It's a device separate and apart from my DVD player, and what I do is: put a blank DVD into the recorder, place the disc that has the segment I want (note that I'm not limited to copying a specific chapter; I can record as much or as little of a disc as I want at whatever point I want to start), go to the point where I want to start, and hit RECORD. I record whatever part of the disc I want, then pop in the next disc and record whatever I want from that, and so on. I can create my own chapters with the recorder as well. The only drawback is that you have to record in real time, much like recording a CD track to an audiocassette (remember those?), so creating these discs takes time. And it needs planning, so that I'm not fishing around for five minutes for the next disc or whatever.

I'll give you one example of a DVD mix:

Circuit Max warm-up as a separate chapter

Next chapter:
Circuit Max hi/lo cycle #1
4DS-BC blasts 1, 5 and 11
Boot Camp cardio cycles 1 and 5 back to back
Drill Max cycle #3
Kick Max Blast Challenge drills 4-6

Next chapter:
Circuit Max hi/lo chcle #2
4DS-BC blasts 2, 4 and 10
Boot Camp cardio cycles 2 and 6 back to back
Drill Max cycle #5
Kick Max Blast Challenge drills 1-3

Next Chapter:
10-10-10 hi/lo
4DS-BC blasts 3, 6 and 12
Boot Camp cardio cycles 8 and 7 back to back
Drill Max cycle #6 (including squat-thrusts)
Kick Max Blast Challenge drills 8-10

I call that one "Guilt-Killer Circuit Max Style"

You can do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, you want. You can design circuit workouts for cardio and resistance, create your own step mish-moshes, create your own ab mish-moshes (which I LUVVVVVVVVVVVV), and so on. Because I love high intensity AND because Cathe's highest intensity stuff has totally revolutionized my own fitness level, I tend to strip things down to their toughest parts. I believe that has prepared me quite well for Insanity!

Hope this answers your question!

A-Jock

As much as I DESPISE BB and the way they bully people who sell their workouts (and dare to offer free shipping) and their HIGH, HIGH cost of shipping unless you buy from a coach, etc, etc, etc...I will one day cave on this. Thanks for all the updates and answering my questions!!!

Hi, Gogigi. I feel much the same way about BB's business model. However, I've come to feel over the years that, when my own fitness is at issue, I have to pick my battles. (I had to do the same thing when the Evil Emperor of the fitness club arena, Lifetime Fitness, bought out the Darth Vader of the club system I instructed for, and because they had a lock on all the gyms with the good pools, I not only signed up as a member when I quit instructing but recently upgraded my membership so that I could go to a pool very close to my office.) Insanity is the only, and I mean ONLY, BB product I've been compelled to buy, and I'm glad I did. (I'm also glad the purchase process is over.)

I have a wonderful, WONDERFUL coach who made a tiresome process much less tiresome. She really takes care of her peeps. I'll PM you with a recommendation if / when you want to become a fellow traveler.

A-Jock

Hi, Gogigi. I feel much the same way about BB's business model. However, I've come to feel over the years that, when my own fitness is at issue, I have to pick my battles. (I had to do the same thing when the Evil Emperor of the fitness club arena, Lifetime Fitness, bought out the Darth Vader of the club system I instructed for, and because they had a lock on all the gyms with the good pools, I not only signed up as a member when I quit instructing but recently upgraded my membership so that I could go to a pool very close to my office.) Insanity is the only, and I mean ONLY, BB product I've been compelled to buy, and I'm glad I did; I have no doubt it will kick my fitness level through the ceiling. (I'm also glad the purchase process is over.)

I have a wonderful, WONDERFUL coach who made a tiresome process much less tiresome. She really takes care of her peeps. I'll PM you with a recommendation if / when you want to become a fellow traveler.

A-Jock

I'm not A-jock . . . but I am a cardio intensity junkie and I am loving Insanity.

For years I have complained that there just aren't any cardio DVD's out there that are challenging enough. I do all the Imax's, Drill Max, Plyo X, and Plyo X+ etc and they are challenging, but I am able to do them all the way through without stopping. I generally use a 10 inch step (I know, dangerous) and chapter through the breaks. I wanted something that I didn't have to make harder (or dangerous with a 10 inch step) and that I couldn't get all the way through without a break.

I've done 2 Insanity workouts and these challenge me in the way I've been craving. The preview workout I've done 3 times and still can't make it through without stopping.

I am LOVING this series.

Sancho, you do all the Imax's on a 10-inch step without stopping? Are you 8 feet tall or something? lol I would die if I even attempted, (but I'm only 5'2)! Seriously though, I'm impressed!:eek:
You have added to my list of reasons to get Insanity!

Dani

Please, please, please don't lecture me . . . but I'm 5'3 (5'4) on a tall day. I know, I know, this is dangerous. But I've been doing step for about 20 years and my HR just doesn't get up there unless I raise the box. Actually, when I first started, I used a 12 inch step but they asked me to bring it down at a gym I went to and I got used to the 10 inch. I've tried going down to 8 inches, but I have to put in a lot of hopping to get my HR up and that causes me PF. I've thought about doing 8 inches and wearing leg weights but I know that's frowned upon also.

A-Jock - OMG that circuit workout sounds awesome. Wouldn't it be cool if you could speed things up also (like he does in the 2 and 3 round of the Insanity circuits)? I think I'm going to have to ask for a DVD recorder for bday or Xmas.

Also A-Jock . . . what makes Lifetime evil? I'd given up gyms for about 10 years and then a Lifetime opened up down the street. I really didn't want to like it (because I hate gyms) but man that place is nice. We ended up joining. From an amenities standpoint it's great (especially for the kids). I don't really love the group classes but a few of them are good. Gin Miller actually teaches there a couple times a week. Just curious why you have such an aversion?

It sounds like there's no actually weight work, just strength moves. Can someone give us a sample of the menu and rotation?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.