INSANITY HAS LANDED!!!

Aquajock

Cathlete
Too weird: I had to call in sick today because I got hit with a tummy bug late yesterday afternoon which had me in the loo for much of the night (TMI), and I'm only now able to contemplate weak tea and Internet surfing. As I was playing around on these forums, I saw The Big Brown Truck driving off in the distance through my arcadia door, got curious, and opened the front door and HELLO. Mine was the Deluxe package, too!

I'll spend the rest of the day as a depleted, rehydrating and (hopefully) refueling lump, previewing my beloved Insanities.

If only Shock Cardio were on its way as well . . .

A-Jock

That's great Annette!

Sorry about your tummy troubles.:( Hope you feel better real soon.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the program. :)

Hey Girlfriend,

Sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you are feeling better.

Can't wait to hear what you think of this series.

Joanne

I'm likin' it. I'm likin' it a lot!

So far I've previewed the Dig Deep Fit Test, the Plyometric Cardio Circuit, and the Cardio Power & Resistance workouts.

The Dig Deep Fit Test includes a warm-up and extended stretch, then has eight 1:00 drills which you perform at your own best pace then log how many reps you do. Shaun has two performers, one male and one female, and after each drill 1:00 is taken to log your reps and catch your breath. The drills are:

"Switch Kicks" (very similar to sequential power kicks, except that you are alternating each leg AND it's continuous; NO LET UP!)

"Power Jacks" (plyo jacks but the inward bounce is FAST; again, NO LET UP!)

"Power Knees" (you stand in a static side lunge and perform a fast core repeater; form is crucial here; note that Shaun only works one side; if you want this as a proper workout you need to rewind and do the other leg; note too that the support leg works hard!)

"Power Jumps" (from a wide squat position execute a jump tucking the knees up high keeping them abducted)

"Globe Jumps" (maintaining a wide squat position, jump forward, jump left, jump back, jump right; this is one full rotation and you do as many as you can; I think you might touch the floor at each jump)

"Suicide Jumps" (squat thrusts into a vertical jump continuously; NO LET UP!)

"Push-Up Jacks (****these are mean****) (Execute push-ups jacking the legs out on the down phase and jacking them in on the up phase) (****i told you these are mean****)

"Low Plank Obliques" (planks on the elbows bringing alternating knees into the armpits; very similar to the plank drills in the LIC core routine)

Part of the Insanity package is a glossy that contains a grid for you to log in your rep performance for the Fit Test workout; you can gauge your progress this way as you go through the program.

With Plyometric Cardio Circuit and Cardio Power & Resistance, each of which is about 41:00 including warm-up, stretch, cardio and cooldown, Shaun organizes series of 4-5 drills in a clump; he puts you through them once, then a 30-second rest and he puts you through them again FASTER, then a 30-second rest and he puts you through them again FAST AS YOU CAN; he usually throws in a bonus-burn drill at the end of the fastest cycle. (He follows this same format for the warm-ups as well.) Thus for each of these two workouts there are three drill blocks (including the warm-up drill block) that you do three times with increased speed and power.

Most if not all of the drills will be very familiar to those who have done Cathe's boot-camp-style workouts and other types of power drills; think original Boot Camp, 4DS Boot Camp, Drill Max, Cardio Kicks's power drills segment, Plyo Legs plyo drills, and many of her plank-oriented core routines.

I really like Shaun's style - he's a coach and a drill sergeant and a form-checker. I find absolutely no condescension in his demeanor, and that's refreshing. I like the music, AND the fact that there is no on-the-beat cueing or execution; that's a refreshing variation from other types of cardio I usually do.

I see this as a very welcome addition to my cardio collection! Well worth the dough already, in my book.

That's it for now! I'm interested in others' takes as well!

A-Jock

Thanks for the review A-Jock. Hopefully you will be feeling much better in no time and ready to start working out ;)

Thanks for the great review, A-Jock! Hope you feel better soon as I know you can't wait to dive right into these!

Marcy

"Push-Up Jacks (****these are mean****) (Execute push-ups jacking the legs out on the down phase and jacking them in on the up phase) (****i told you these are mean****)

Great review!!!!

I couldn't agree more!:eek:
I can't believe how high my heart rate stays in the plank exercises. What's really amazing.....that picture a puddle of sweat on all the DVDs is VERY accurate.

I'm scared of Pure Cardio. I didn't see any 30 second breaks. :confused::confused:Ummm, where are the breaks Shaun T?!!!:eek::eek::eek:

If I break down and get these I will have to get off the forums for at least a year or promise not to buy any other workouts until Amy Bento's presale which has been delayed (thankfully so)!

I REALLY WANT THESE!!!

I came home tonight and found that the big brown truck left me an deluxe insanity present as well :D So far I have opened the box...

I will not be starting insanity for a while as I am in the middle of an STS rotation to finish first, so plenty of time to preview the workouts and watch all of the reviews from each of you to know what to expect. Despite not starting for awhile, I am excited anyway that its here and ready to go when I am.

Hope you feel better A-J. :)

Mary

If I break down and get these I will have to get off the forums for at least a year or promise not to buy any other workouts until Amy Bento's presale which has been delayed (thankfully so)!

I REALLY WANT THESE!!!

Gig - Amy is going to be out of pocket for several months with her pregnancy, so I see no reason why you shouldn't Go Insanity like the rest of us.

Think of it: you get Insanity, and then you get Shock Cardio. Isn't shock therapy one of the best cures for insanity?

I love how my logic twists and turns - keeps me nimble.

A-Jock

(oh, and just in passing - i also previewed Max Interval Circuit clocking in at 60 minutes, and Max Interval Plyo clocking in at 55 minutes. Now my big dilemma is which one to begin with this coming sunday - by then i should be totally restoked from last night's laps to and from the toity! one of the best drills is switch kicks in a supine position off the hands - think alternating sequential power kicks with your hands on the floor facing the ceiling and kicking up as straight as you can! a-j)

My basic package should be arriving Friday....I did the preview workout again last night to take the edge off my INSANELY INTENSE DESIRE TO START THIS PROGRAM!!!
I appreciate the sharing of information by those lucky people (with nimble fingers and a sharp eye at the opening order date) who have recieved their packages already.

My husband is a UPS driver and I told him AGAIN to let our UPS driver deliver the package because I want it Friday morning, not friday evening when my husband finally gets home. When STS came out he thought he would be doing me a favor by bringing the package home with him.... 8 hours after I should have recieved it from our UPS driver. I think he now knows better than to mess with the delivery of any of my fitness DVDs!!

Darn it, now I will be going to sleep thinking about supine switch kicks, power jumps and Shauns abs.... has anybody seen his abs in these videos??

Brenda in Indiana

My Insanity arrived today too!! I'm going to do the fit test, and hopefully one other workout tomorrow. Of course I won't be able to walk on Friday, but who cares??? :)

A. Jock-you're too funny!!!

shock therapy!!!! I told my DH the name of the series and then he watched me do part of the fit test tonight (got my heart pumping for sure!!!) and he decided that Yes-I am insane! So far I haven't looked at the rest of the DVDs (I'm kinda naughty, I don't preview-I just do!) but I didn't really notice the music much, which is good because I was more worried about my breathing (or lack of breath!). I really like the packaging (got the Deluxe set), very classy! This is my first Beachbody purchase and I have a feeling that it won't be the last (of course, giving preference to Cathe's products...but I really like this!)
your friend in insanity!
julie

Got mine today too =D I watched the fit test and OMG!!! WOW!!!! That is a workout in itself. I actually got to take a live 30 min INSANITY class with Shaun T. in NYC and it was the hardest workout i ever did. After that, I was like, I don't know how i am going to be able to do this on my own- because at the live class, every time I would stop to catch my breath, Shaun would come over and ask me to do more!!!!!! This is going to be a tough one. I AM SKURRED!!!!

I'm so jealous you all already have yours (I guess that's why I need to learn to order on the first day!). I'm still working out my order process. Talked to my coach b/c BB doesn't ship to Europe (I'm in France) so she's going to ship it to my MIL and I'll get it from her but probably not until she comes around Aug 11. EEK! Not a big deal since I'm not planning to start until Sept. We are going to Barcelona the last week in July and then Cambridge the second week in Aug so I want 60 straight days to do this. I think I'll be taking a trip to the US at the end of Oct so I'll just have to bring the DVDs with me. It's nice that there's no equip necessary - good travel stuff!

A-Jock - I love the thorough review of the fit test and the other workouts! I can't wait to try it. I'm tempted to do the fit test w/o the videos just out of curiosity to see how well prepared I'll be. I still can't quite picture the push up jacks...

Keep us posted on your thoughts everyone!!

angie

How much does this series cost? It sounds good and like a good asset to add to my collection. Perfect for getting back in shape one baby is born!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.