Insanity, anyone? Help!

What great responses. Tbank you for the input. The only concern (other than spending more $) is the high impact - will it be too much for me? and boredom. I don't usually like a lot of repeating the same thing over & over.

However, I am just about to buy, maybe insanity just the thing to get me out of my rut - what a bunch of enablers you are!

Keep the opinions coming...

This is the only HIIT(high impact) that it does not bother my knee, I had surgery on my left knee 4 years ago and I was afraid of getting hurt, but if you pay attention to your landing, and explode, and all this crazy workouts I think you'll be fine, I did the rotation as it was, I was never bored, I wanted to prove my self how Insane I was, I lost 2 pounds and I did not loose any muscle:D

For those of you that did NOT follow his rotation exactly, what did you do? Did you incorporate weights, too? If so,whcih cathe series works best?

Thanks for all the 411.

using with sts

I bought insanity for by recovery break between meso 1 and 2. Now I am back to meso 2 week 1. I am just doing insanity on my cardio days and loving it.

Jen

I added weights in through out. During Month 1 I added anywhere from 2-5 days per week depending. In Month 2 I only added in one f/b weight work out per week (about 30 mins) and it was plenty! :)

OK, OK..

I did it! I ordered 10 disc set from eBay for $90 incl ship (hope this is a good price - I saw a bit cheaper, but they were from a seller that had like 10-12 listings of same item, couldn't tell where they were from, looked like overseas?)

Now I can't wait to start. If I like it, I'll try to get the xtra 3 discs seperately.

Are there some rotations incorporating cathe that you guys recommend?

I'm also interested in Insanity, but I'm wondering how these will compare to STS Cardio? Has anyone done the research to see if these are going to mimic Cathe's new workouts, or are they totally and completely different? It would make sense to have additional HIIT workouts if they're different from STS Cardio. I just have to decide if that's what I want my splurge present for Christmas! Please post any ideas as to how these will compare, in your educated opinions!!

Thanks,

Get it

and struggle through it with me...I just received my tracking number and feel a bit queasy now.:confused: I better get ready!

It's gotten a lot of votes so it must be worth having in the collection. I like having good workouts, I still think P90X is hard to beat. I too am waiting for HIIT and the tower.

I figure there's lots of room for everything!
:eek:

It's here!!!

They just delivered it!!! I ordered it Saturday... uh oh!

Shout out to Joan...you guys are fast!!!:eek:

I have to agree with everyone. TOTALLY worth it IMO! I am only a few days away from completing my first rotation with it and I just ordered the Deluxe Disc!!!! I'm so excited! :D

Hi!
I'm also interested in ordering Insanity 60 day total body, how many disc are included in this purchase? What is the Deluxe Disc...I don't see it anywhere in the website? Thanks!

Insanity

Whats the prize for insanity? What is this insanity Deluxe Disc everyone is talking about? Do I have to order seprately or can I order the whole package that includes the basic insanity 60 day trasformation and the Deluxe Disc?

lulu68,
From all the searching I did, I found just a handful of sites where I could order the full 13 dvd set. On amazon they only seem to offer the 10 dvd set. You can buy the additional 3 dvd set if you already have the 10 set. However if you have nothing yet, spring for the 13 full set. I ordered this from extremefitnessresults.com and my shipping was a little over $2.00, grant it I had a discount code for the shipping but it was for the full 13 set.
Booboo

I'm late to the Insanity party, but I'll echo what has been said. I'm not doing the rotation as is. I run, hike and bike, so I really can't, but during the week when it's really dark at 5:30AM Insanity works me like nothing else. Nothing. I honestly do not expect Cathe's Shock Cardio system to work me like these do - it's not her style. That's okay, not everything has to be Insane. :rolleyes:

I basically do 4 days of the videos, and then do other things on the weekends. I've had heel and achilles tendon issues, but this does not aggravate those because it's not constant pounding. There is a lot of jumping, but there are non-impact exercises as well. He mixes it up pretty well. And as has been pointed out - he gives very good form instructions.

I have recommended these to my friends who do competitive sports. I have gain so much strength and speed from these because of the use of the fast twitch muscles. I can power my bike up hills I never could before. I'm faster out of the gate. And I'm only using them 4 days a week. :p

Whats the prize for insanity? What is this insanity Deluxe Disc everyone is talking about? Do I have to order seprately or can I order the whole package that includes the basic insanity 60 day trasformation and the Deluxe Disc?

Lulu,

The Deluxe package is $164.70. This includes the 10-workout main package, plus 2 additional discs that include: 1) Max Interval Sports Training ("interval workouts designed for elite athletes") and Insane Abs ("That six-pack was just the beginning. When you do this intense ab routine, you're going to find muscles you never knew you had."), 2) Upper-Body Weighted Workout ("Because even Shaun T lifts weights on occasion! Go one on one with Shaun to work your entire upper body—chest, back, arms, and shoulders.").

This is information pulled directly from Beachbody, where you can order the Deluxe set. I'm a BB coach, feel free to ask more questions if you have any!

Lulu,

The Deluxe package is $164.70. This includes the 10-workout main package, plus 2 additional discs that include: 1) Max Interval Sports Training ("interval workouts designed for elite athletes") and Insane Abs ("That six-pack was just the beginning. When you do this intense ab routine, you're going to find muscles you never knew you had."), 2) Upper-Body Weighted Workout ("Because even Shaun T lifts weights on occasion! Go one on one with Shaun to work your entire upper body—chest, back, arms, and shoulders.").

This is information pulled directly from Beachbody, where you can order the Deluxe set. I'm a BB coach, feel free to ask more questions if you have any!

Thanks! I think I will add this to my Christmas list. I love doing instense cardio!!!

Insanity

Will I get results from insanity? I'm 5ft and weigh 105...i'm not looking to loose anymore weight but would like to loose some inches around the waist line and maybe inprove my endurance. What kind of results would someone like me get from doing insanity? Thanks!

You will definitely improve your endurance - I think that will likely be the biggest results you'll see from the program! It's incredible in that regard. As far as losing fat/inches, I would also suspect that you will see results as long as you are on top of your nutrition as well.

Convinced

You guys are sooooooo bad! :D You have now convinced me that I need Insanity as my Christmas present! I just don't want to wait until then to start. Thanks for the enabling...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.