In preparation for the 1/2 marathon . . .

Travisli

Cathlete
I just signed up for a 5K in June, a 10K in July, another 5K in August and a 10K in September :) The 1/2 Marathon is October 10th!

I'm excited.

The 5K is on June 12th -- that's 2 weeks away!! :eek:

The 10K in July is a trail run -- I've not done a lot of trail running, just ran a bit while I mainly walked on the trial -- for any experienced trail runners . . . is there anything I need to keep in mind for that one??

Happy Friday everyone!

Hi Travis!
I find that trailrunning takes more concentration. You'll be watching out for rocks, roots, bushes, etc. so you'll have to keep your attention more focused. Your time may be a bit slower as well (especially if it's a single track trail and you're behind *and* in front of other runners).

Have fun, enjoy! :)

Kathy G

Travis,

I agree with Kathy regarding trail running. The first time I went trail running with my sister we both tripped a couple of times and my sister took a header. There can be lots of roots and uneven ground. You definitely have to focus and watch the ground. Even leaves can be slippery. Be careful!!

Good luck on all your races. You rock!!

Thanks Ladies,

I thought that might be the case with the rocks and stuff -- it is a single file run so there will definitely be people in front and behind me . . . they will send waves of 50 women every minute til we're all out there running -- It's called the GO GIRL 10K -- How could I NOT do that one??

:D

AWESOME! I find that scheduling races during my training helps keep me accountable and motivated! GREAT JOB, and good luck!

I can't offer any advice either, but had to say that I think you are just beyond awesome!! (And way to go on Insanity too!!) :)

Travis, . . .you are AMAZING!!! You are my hero! You go girl!! By they way I know I said it before but I soooooooooo LOVE your hair!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.