I'm aggravated

Kimenem

Cathlete
I ordered the tubing after I KNOW I read a post about whether or not it's the same tubing that you can use to sub for pull ups. I even remember someone asking if it had the little thing in the middle to catch in the door even though you can't see it online. Well, they came today and they are just regular tubing. So now I STILL can't do a pull up option. I didn't even bother sending them back because it seems more trouble than it's worth. Are there any other substitutions for the pull ups/chin ups if you have no "door" tubing and no equipment as shown on the dvd?

I workout in my basement and I just look the tube over a small hook, that works fine for me, (so far) keeping my fingers crossed. I have no door close to my TV set downstairs, so I had to get creative :)

I ordered the tubing after I KNOW I read a post about whether or not it's the same tubing that you can use to sub for pull ups. I even remember someone asking if it had the little thing in the middle to catch in the door even though you can't see it online. Well, they came today and they are just regular tubing. So now I STILL can't do a pull up option. I didn't even bother sending them back because it seems more trouble than it's worth. Are there any other substitutions for the pull ups/chin ups if you have no "door" tubing and no equipment as shown on the dvd?

All of our regular tubing comes with a door attachment. The adjustable tubing does not come with a door attachment. Which did you purchase?

I just bought the tubing - the red one and it came with it. The actual name, Resistance toning Tube (heavy -red)

To be honest, I really have no idea which I got...probably the wrong one. I got a set of 3. You have to loosen a clip to pick which tubing you want to use....so I guess it's my OWN fault. :( I just looked and I did get the adjustable.

Are there any other substitutions for the pull ups/chin ups if you have no "door" tubing and no equipment as shown on the dvd?

I have a Valor squat stand, so I put a bar across that and pull up on it. FYI: I didn't find the tubing option that effective, and I was using brand-new tubing. I figured that I'd need the squat stand for the legs in Mesocycle 3 anyway, so it does double-duty for me.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

You can buy just the door attachment by itself on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Door-Attachme...EPE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1235678466&sr=1-1

I wish I had gotten the adjustable 3 band setup and bought the door attachment separately. But before buying I would try looping the bands over the top of your door and doing a test pull down while sitting on the floor. If the resistance feels good to you, then buy the attachment. If it is still way too easy, then skip the attachment and go to another form of equipment for your pullup.
Beth

I have a Valor squat stand, so I put a bar across that and pull up on it. FYI: I didn't find the tubing option that effective, and I was using brand-new tubing. I figured that I'd need the squat stand for the legs in Mesocycle 3 anyway, so it does double-duty for me.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Do you weight your bar, or do you find it's stable enough just using the stands and a regular bar?

I've been using DH's lat tower on his bowflex to do "pullups" (same motion as the tubing option but with 150 pounds of resistance), but I'm not sure it's hitting the same muscles as doing even a modified pullup. I have the valor squat stands too, but I thought they may be too unstable so I didn't try it.

Thanks,

Tonya

Do you weight your bar, or do you find it's stable enough just using the stands and a regular bar?...I have the valor squat stands too, but I thought they may be too unstable so I didn't try it.

Thanks,

Tonya

I was afraid of the same thing.

A few years back I bought a tape from Corey Everson which included a pull tube and the attachment for the door. I have not used the tape in such a long time. The attachment was just a little piece of webbing that you loop through the tubes then put it over the door and close it. When I got the STS tapes that reminded me of that tape. I was cleaning house and threw out the attachment forgetting what it was for. So for now I am using a web belt and looped that through the tube and put it over the door. This works well until the Tower is avalible. Just an idea. It works good for me. :rolleyes:
CathyH:

If you have a sewing machine and some heavy duty fabric (I cut up a pair of old jeans), you can sew a gadget that will work for your tubing. I took a few dowels, broke them into small (3-4 inch) pieces, wrapped them in a few layers of the jeans material, sewed all the edges, then sewed on a loop. I sling the dowel portion (which is now just a small, square piece with a bit of weight) over a door, close the door, and the loop hangs down. I can now use my regular tubing without having to purchase a special attachment. This didn't take more than about 20 minutes - easy, easy.

I've actually added more than one tube or a band along with my original red tubing because I still don't think that these really replicate a chinup/pullup - just not enough resistance. I also don't go up and down the entire time, but just pulse low through the 30 second interval because I think it gets into the muscles better that way.

Just a thought for an alternative to buying more equipment, when you already have some tubing, plus you've got 3 tubes, which would work really great!

Just wanted to say that I bought the door attachment from Amazon, and it works fine. I'm not crazy about the tubing option for pull-ups/chin-ups (it's not hard enough) but it's better than nothing.

I workout in my office and it has a sliding door,so the door attachment wasnt going to work so what i do is open up the closet door and rap my band around the post of my closet and it works perfect for me,the things you have to think of when you have to make do.

Well I don't want to buy anything else so I guess I'll have to think of something. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.