If I love Low Max...

toomuchjoy

Cathlete
what should I try next?

I love LIS Athletic Training and LIC as well but I really really love Low Max. I've tried Athletic Step which is good but I have issues with Combo #1.

I'm thinking BodyMax 2 or is that really complex?

Thanks!
TmJ

I love Body Max 2 and didn't find the choreography any more complex than Low Max (which I also love!). I don't think Body Max 2 is complex as Athletic Step is.

Bosymax 2 is so fun and you can use it in different ways. I love the music.. Id say the step part is like low max in term of difficulty

I love, love, love, Low Max on so many levels (it should be called Love Max ;)). I actually find the step combo's in Low Max to be quite complex, even more so than Athletic Step. If you have no problems with Low Max, I say give Step Blast a go. IMO, that is probably THE BEST complex step workout Cathe has ever made. I can't really put my finger on it, but everything just comes together so effortlessly in Step Blast; music, step choreo, Cathe's personality, the blast section towards the end, everything is just perfect. When I'm done, I'm sweaty and happy :D.

BM2 is a great choice also. The music is so darn good I want to leave my step and just start dancing :cool:.

Also, if you can handle impact, Imax 3 resembles Low Max, as they are both part of the Hardcore Series. IMO the step complexity is about the same, the only difference is that it being high impact w/less recovery time, you will go anaerobic more during the blasts. IT IS TOUGH :eek:

Good luck!

Natasha

I love, love, love, Low Max on so many levels (it should be called Love Max ;)). I actually find the step combo's in Low Max to be quite complex, even more so than Athletic Step. If you have no problems with Low Max, I say give Step Blast a go. IMO, that is probably THE BEST complex step workout Cathe has ever made. I can't really put my finger on it, but everything just comes together so effortlessly in Step Blast; music, step choreo, Cathe's personality, the blast section towards the end, everything is just perfect. When I'm done, I'm sweaty and happy :D.

BM2 is a great choice also. The music is so darn good I want to leave my step and just start dancing :cool:.

Also, if you can handle impact, Imax 3 resembles Low Max, as they are both part of the Hardcore Series. IMO the step complexity is about the same, the only difference is that it being high impact w/less recovery time, you will go anaerobic more during the blasts. IT IS TOUGH :eek:

Good luck!

Natasha

I am new to Cathe (April of 2012) and this is not the experience I had with any of the workouts you mentioned. I avoided Cathe step workouts for a long time due to complex choreography, but the more I encountered it the better I got. I love Low Max--but I did not find it more complex than Athletic Step. I did find Low Max to be a better and more intense workout than Athletic Step (which is definitely a recovery workout), but I found Athletic Step choreography more complex.

And Step Blast is a nightmare that I still cannot manage. I can do all of Low Max choreography w/out a problem, but I still get lost when doing Athletic Step and I get so lost during the second half of Step Blast I am standing behind the step staring at the tv because I cannot get the highly complex choreography. I've decided it's not even worth my time anymore. It is an intense workout--don't get me wrong--but I want to be able to actually do all of it. But I cannot get the footwork.

Body Max 2? No problem--I think it is on the same level as Low Max.

And I did not find Imax 3 and Low Max to be similar on complexity. I am saying this as someone who recently (over the past few months) acquired and did all of these workouts mentioned multiple times. Imax 3 choreography is much more complex than Low Max--but even more important, there is zero learning curve. Zilch. The combos are thrown at you. In Low Max at least they are layered so you learn them before running through the entire combo.

I do find Imax 3 and Athletic Step worth the time to learn the choreography because I like them and they're fun--and Imax 3 in particular is very intense. And I'm an intensity junky.

Last edited:
I am new to Cathe (April of 2012) and this is not the experience I had with any of the workouts you mentioned. I avoided Cathe step workouts for a long time due to complex choreography, but the more I encountered it the better I got. I love Low Max--but I did not find it more complex than Athletic Step. I did find Low Max to be a better and more intense workout than Athletic Step (which is definitely a recovery workout), but I found Athletic Step choreography more complex.

And Step Blast is a nightmare that I still cannot manage. I can do all of Low Max choreography w/out a problem, but I still get lost when doing Athletic Step and I get so lost during the second half of Step Blast I am standing behind the step staring at the tv because I cannot get the highly complex choreography. I've decided it's not even worth my time anymore. It is an intense workout--don't get me wrong--but I want to be able to actually do all of it. But I cannot get the footwork.

Body Max 2? No problem--I think it is on the same level as Low Max.

And I did not find Imax 3 and Low Max to be similar on complexity. I am saying this as someone who recently (over the past few months) acquired and did all of these workouts mentioned multiple times. Imax 3 choreography is much more complex than Low Max--but even more important, there is zero learning curve. Zilch. The combos are thrown at you. In Low Max at least they are layered so you learn them before running through the entire combo.

I do find Imax 3 and Athletic Step worth the time to learn the choreography because I like them and they're fun--and Imax 3 in particular is very intense. And I'm an intensity junky.

So there you have it then! Two people with two totally different views on the exact same workouts. A difference of opinion is what makes the world go round :D. I love this forum :D.

Have fun stepping everyone :)

Thanks ladies!!! I have Imax3 as part of the Hardcore series so should preview that one...I'm a wee bit scared of it. I also don't have a ton of room so sometimes the dance-y stuff just doesn't work in my space.

BM2 will go on my ever increasing wish list.

I'll keep chipping away at Athletic Step...it really is just combo 1 that is an issue...not sure why.

Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.