If Cathe made an STS 2...

cokonkel

Cathlete
I started this thread on VF as well but I thought I'd get the ideas going with dedicated Cathlete's as well on this forum! :eek: I am one of those gals who is really hoping Cathe makes an STS 2 someday and thought it would be fun to get some wish list ideas for what we would love to see on another STS series. :D

So...drumroll...here is my wish list for an STS 2! :eek:

- I love how the system has a different disc/workout for each day rather than repeating the same disc over and over in a given rotation. Even though there was repeat footage, each workout felt fresh and new. I think that's why I was able to stick with STS longer than any other rotation. So...THIS I would like her to repeat with an STS 2.

-I would love shorter workouts in the 40-50 minute range rather than the 60+ minutes of some of the discs.

-I would ask for fewer push ups and more focus on the posterior chain (posterior delts in particular).

-I love the pull ups and would ask that she keeps those in.

-I don't mind the variety of equipment (I BOUGHT all the stuff so I kinda want to use it! :eek: lol), however, I usually don't like doing certain upper body exercises with the barbell. She could omit the barbell completely and just use dumbells...that would make me happy.

-I would love more Meso 2 style, heavy weighted lower body workouts. In fact, I would love more variety with the heavy weights like pyramid sets and giant sets like Sagi does in Body Beast but with Cathe in the lead. Sagi annoyed the crap out of me but I loved the leg workouts!

-I would love it if it wasn't as expensive as STS was initially, too. The expense really put me off on buying it of a long time until she started offering it at lower prices as the DOD.

- I would love if there was some rehabilitative exercises mixed in to help prevent injury...like rotator cuff and exercises to stave off elbow tendinitis. I would like those mixed into the workouts rather than just shown at the end briefly where I likely wouldn't do it on my own. :eek:

-also timesaver premixes and premixes for individual body parts would be awesome! :D

What would you guys like to see in an STS 2?

Oh, now I like this thread! What I would like to see in STS 2:

*Well, I would like to actually *see* an STS 2 - LOL, simple.

*Make STS 2 as an add-on/build-on to STS 1, therefore maybe take out the 1st mesocycle at the lower % 1RM and have it be a continuation of STS 2 (like a body building rotation?) at a higher % 1RM.

*More Rear Delt work (the add on in XTRAIN has helped my posture from sitting at computers for 10 hour days for the last 10 years, but it still needs more help)

*Less push-ups! Okay, okay, they work, but I despise them. So maybe keep them in, but continue to have the subtle changes (1.5's, staggard, bootcamp style, Elmos, etc.) I can handle those, it is the straight old-school ones I despise doing over and over.

*More intense tricep work - that is my weakest body part, I think.

*Another squat rack option for legs - love it!

*Another plyo legs - also love it! Similar to XTRAIN Cardio Leg Blast? Add firewalkers.

*Perhaps a second day in the week for Legs, rather than just one day a week. (one day plyo, one day squat rack?)

*I agree with OP - Keep using a variety of equipment, afterall, I own it. However in each video maybe have one person using an alternate piece of equipment (dumbbell vs barbell vs body bar, band versus tubing). I always try to use barbells, but sometimes am just too slow figuring out my weights and grab a dumbbell.

*I like the 55-65 minute range, but add timesaver premix for others (possibly deleting those darn push-ups to make it shorter???)

*Chin ups - pull ups - keep them!

*I like the rehabilitative exercise idea - I don't recall those - where are they? Perhaps add those into the stretch segment? I am not sure how intese those are.

*Have the stretch segment - but add more upper body stretch, the current seems to focus more on the lower body. Maybe have two stretch options focusing on different parts? Upper and Lower? (However, please...no downward dog. It is crushing to come off a high of completing an STS workout only to see my legs and knees upside down :eek: )

*Love the separate disc for separate days - allows me to think less.

*Keep the guys in (I vote for Al!). It is the only way my boyfriend might do the rotation with me - if he sees men. Go figure.

*Have Cedie, Deazie, Lorraine, Amanda, Jai, Marlo, Brenda, and Al in there - I love them all! Oh, and have me in the video. :eek:

Oh Gobias, I like the idea of a second leg day! Plyo legs plus a heavier weights only one. Perfect! :D

I don't recall that she had rehabilitative type exercises in the original STS...I don't think so. I was just thinking it would be nice to have something like that within the workout, like maybe in between traditional exercises, so we'd actually do them. I know of several kinds of exercises like that but never do them on my own. I just wouldn't want something valuable like that to be relegated to a separate chapter on it's own or something, if that makes sense.

STS 2

First i like all of the idea's that the ladies above have suggested.

I would also like to have an STS where you have the option to work body parts twice a week.

A slower rep speed e.g. 2 count down 2 count up so you can handle more weight.

A squat rack option for meso 2 as well as meso 3.

Pyramid and giant sets great idea

Def keep pull ups and chin ups in.

I would love STS 2 someday!!!!!

*I agree with the other suggestions. I would like all of the workouts to be 60 minutes or less; it's hard for me to find more time then that.

*Heavy weights and a variety of equipment

*Pyramids, drop sets and supersets

*I like the idea of showing some people using BBs and some using DBs

*Pull ups and chin ups

*1 or 2 cardio workouts like Hiit and/or Tabata and maybe a kickboxing

*I don't think I could do two days of legs for STS my legs were sore every week during the whole 3 months! :D

Oh I'd love an STS 2! Great thread!

I wish the stretch at the end of each workout was specific to the muscles worked that day, versus the one extended stretch that stretches the entire body. I wouldn't mind if the stretch was repeated week after week, but if, for example, I just worked chest and back, I'd like a stretch specific to my chest and back.

OOH YES! Another STS, but with the best bits from STS, Xtrain and 4 Day split!
I'd like a warm up, then a cardio blast (like 4DS, but shorter, more intense - something like the new X10), then STS-style training, maybe a few more compound moves (like Xtrain) and working the smaller muscles too (Xtrain), then, as Trixoo said, a specific stretch. Some 100-rep challenges, and bonuses thrown in. Cardio for specific muscles groups for non-weight days (again, like Xtrain eg cardio leg blast). One yoga dvd, with a few pre-mixes (eg gentle, flexible, strong etc)
THAT would be MY perfect STS. OH, and I love push-ups ;)
Justine

I like all the ideas posted above. To add, 100 rep challenges as bonuses, a weekly recovery workout like low impact, steady state cardio to flush the muscles, and keep a mix of plyometrics and heavy legs. Balance moves with the rehab exercises.

Love some of the ideas mentioned...I personally would love working each body part 2X a week. First 3 days focuses on Heavy weight training (each Meso phase changes reps ranges similiar to STS) and then the next 3 days focuses on muscular endurance, higher reps 15-20. I also like training legs twice a week, and incorporating different methods - supersets, giant sets, drop sets, pyramids, etc... I have lately been focusing on one muscle group a day and would love a program that is designed that way too.

And I would love to have different rotations created based on body types (ectomorph, endomorph, mesomorph) or fitness goals (muscle building, fat shredder, overall body toning, etc)

STS 2 + Hiit cardio

And I would love to have different rotations created based on body types (ectomorph, endomorph, mesomorph) or fitness goals (muscle building, fat shredder, overall body toning, etc)[/QUOTE]

Hi Everyone,

I too would like very much a STS 2.

Now I like jennifer idea on having a rotation based on body type. Unless the person is a fitness professional or an advance fitness enthusiast it's hard to determine the body type. Once the body type is precisely and clearly identified, yes it would be great to have such rotation from Cathe;-):):)

I am pretty much for a STS 2 program but specifically focused on strength.
i.e over 85% one rep max with reps range of 4-6. This is definitely missing from Cathe's collection.

A squat Rack option for legs would be great. I know I have an option of training at a gym with much more heavy load but It would be helpful to have a program to do at home. Cathe can not be beaten, IMO, as far as designing a comprehensive weight lifting program for home fitness enthusiasts.:):):)

There is a vast choice endurance program in cathe's collection, It would be great to have a choice for strength programs.

*) Push up, I love push up. IMO push up should *not* be omitted from Strength program. It's a staple compound strength exercise so is pull up. That is my opinion;)

*) A STS 2 would not necessarily contain cardio. If it does, I would love Hiit. Again the market is inundated with steps and long steady pace endurance, metabolic workouts. Plus studies have proven Hiit and moderate/heavy weight are recommended for muscle building. Cathe has always been known as a leader in offering what other competitors don't;). offering such package of Hiit and pure strength would fit in well with her reputation and would be a unique series within cathe's collection.

*) Sole use of Dumbbell, do not really like the idea. Barbell bring another challenge which fit in well with the concept of gaining strength. I believe most of us aim to be versatile. Well should this be questionable, I prefer to be versatile.
Barbell is my preference but I know I need to work unilaterally to strengthen weaker sides;):)

*) Use of various equipment is fine for me. I have got them so I may just use them. No stability ball for a change. It makes the all program interesting and is part of being versatile.

*) Each workout lasting no longer than 60 minutes.

*) An extra segment for building glutes muscles with specific proven recommended exercise such as glutes bridge, hip thrust, step up etc---with heavy weight. This is missing from cathe's collection.

*) Giant Set, pyramid or any other technique currently used in Gym and adjusted and offered to home users would be awesome.:):)

*) Extra yoga segment focused on flexibility would also be great.

All the best and kind Regards everyone,

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Now I like jennifer idea on having a rotation based on body type. Unless the person is a fitness professional or an advance fitness enthusiast it's hard to determine the body type. Once the body type is precisely and clearly identified, yes it would be great to have such rotation from Cathe;-):):)

i.e over 85% one rep max with reps range of 4-6. This is definitely missing from Cathe's collection.

A squat Rack option for legs would be great. I know I have an option of training at a gym with much more heavy load but It would be helpful to have a program to do at home. Cathe can not be beaten, IMO, as far as designing a comprehensive weight lifting program for home fitness enthusiasts.:):):)

There is a vast choice endurance program in cathe's collection, It would be great to have a choice for strength programs.

*) Push up, I love push up. IMO push up should *not* be omitted from Strength program. It's a staple compound strength exercise so is pull up. That is my opinion;)

*) A STS 2 would not necessarily contain cardio. If it does, I would love Hiit. Again the market is inundated with steps and long steady pace endurance, metabolic workouts. Plus studies have proven Hiit and moderate/heavy weight are recommended for muscle building. Cathe has always been known as a leader in offering what other competitors don't;). offering such package of Hiit and pure strength would fit in well with her reputation and would be a unique series within cathe's collection.

*) Solely use of Dumbbell, not really like the idea. Barbell bring another challenge which fit in well with the concept of gaining strength. I believe most of us aim to be versatile. Well should this be questionable, I prefer to be versatile.
Barbell is my preference but I know I need to work unilaterally to strengthen weaker sides;):)

*) Use of various equipment is fine for me. I have got them so I may just use them. It makes the all program interesting and is part of being versatile.

*) An extra segment for building glutes muscles with specific proven recommended exercise such as glutes bridge, hip thrust, step up etc---with heavy weight. This is missing from cathe's collection.

*) Giant Set, pyramid or any other technique currently used in Gym and adjusted and offered to home users would be awesome.:):)

All the best and kind Regards everyone,

Yes, this! ALL OF IT! The only way I would ever consider buying STS 2 is if the program was specifically designed for strength. I'm really into the heavy #'s at the 4-6 range these days :eek: and my body is responding perfectly too :D;).

Oh, and foam rolling too! I would absolutely LOVE the warm-up/cool down to have foam rolling. I'm actually doing a lot of foam rolling pre/post workout lately, and I find it's helping tremendously with my overall training performance.

Last edited:
Yes, this! ALL OF IT! The only way I would ever consider buying STS 2 is if the program was specifically designed for strength. I'm really into the heavy #'s at the 4-6 range these days :eek: and my body is responding perfectly too :D;).

Oh, and foam rolling too! I would absolutely LOVE the warm-up/cool down to have foam rolling. I'm actually doing a lot of foam rolling pre/post workout lately, and I find it's helping tremendously with my overall training performance.

I need to get into foam rolling too. I do not know about you Natasha but I can not workout following pdf file on computer or papers printed off. I need visual and vocal instructions. If Nia shanks had dvds I would have embarked on her program. I am so desperate for a 4-6 range program at home.

I am a fitness instructor myself and probably need someone with more knowledge at my vicinity to train me for this range. I still have not found her/or him:eek::eek::eek:. I can be very specific in what I want to achieve:eek::eek:

To Natasha,

What you have mentioned above, we know, is truly what is currently missing from cathe's collection. I am hoping our suggestion get taken on board;):)

Last edited:
I need to get into foam rolling too. I do not know about you Natasha but I can not workout following pdf file on computer or papers printed off. I need visual and vocal instructions. If Nia shanks had dvds I would have embarked on her program. I am so desperate for a 4-6 range program at home.

I am a fitness instructor myself and probably need someone with more knowledge at my vicinity to train me for this range. I still have not found her/or him:eek::eek::eek:. I can be very specific in what I want to achieve:eek::eek:

To Natasha,

What you have mentioned above, we know, is truly what is currently missing from cathe's collection. I am hoping our suggestion get taken on board;):)

I am very fond of training with PDF files, as I have been doing it for 2+ months now. Nia's program was worth every penny, and I have absolutely 0 regrets. NONE. At first I thought I wouldn't like it and run back to DVD's, but NOPE, I LOVE IT :eek:. It is now my most preferred method to train and I can't see myself going back to DVD's...for the time being anyway ;).

As for the foam rolling YES YOU MUST FOAM ROLL :eek:. I can't describe how awesome it has been for my training/recovery/results! It hurts sooo good :D.

Take care Nathalie! You rock ;)

Great thread!! I have been hoping and hoping for a long time Cathe will do an STS 2, so I'd be a happy camper if she does it.

All of the ideas posted are great. I love using the barbell so having the cast use both DB & BB would be great so we can choose personally what we want to do.

I wouldn't mind a LITTLE bit shorter workouts and would love it if body parts were worked 2X a week.

I am always so bad about taking the time to do the extended stretch, so I'd love to see a better cool down/stretch after each workout like Cathe has on her other non-STS workouts. But...still have a good extended stretch as well or yoga.

And I agree w/ Natasha, HEAVY weight training!!

Tracy

OOH YES! Another STS, but with the best bits from STS, Xtrain and 4 Day split!
I'd like a warm up, then a cardio blast (like 4DS, but shorter, more intense - something like the new X10), then STS-style training, maybe a few more compound moves (like Xtrain) and working the smaller muscles too (Xtrain), then, as Trixoo said, a specific stretch. Some 100-rep challenges, and bonuses thrown in. Cardio for specific muscles groups for non-weight days (again, like Xtrain eg cardio leg blast). One yoga dvd, with a few pre-mixes (eg gentle, flexible, strong etc)
THAT would be MY perfect STS. OH, and I love push-ups ;)
Justine

I'm with Justine: fab approach to STS 2, should it ever get made. Except forget the endless push ups. Yuck!

Clare

And I would love to have different rotations created based on body types (ectomorph, endomorph, mesomorph) or fitness goals (muscle building, fat shredder, overall body toning, etc)

Hi Everyone,

*) Sole use of Dumbbell, do not really like the idea. Barbell bring another challenge which fit in well with the concept of gaining strength. I believe most of us aim to be versatile. Well should this be questionable, I prefer to be versatile.

*) Use of various equipment is fine for me. I have got them so I may just use them. No stability ball for a change. It makes the all program interesting and is part of being versatile.

All the best and kind Regards everyone,[/QUOTE]

Fantastic idea suggestions for STS 2. Also, I'm not sure if this would be popular or not but I also wouldn't mind if Cathe comes up with a optional workout disk in the STS 2 set that uses total body weight, mainly as an overall conditioner that we can tack on at the end of the week. I'm currently loving the Horizontal Conditioning workouts and I was thinking maybe Cathe could come up with something along those lines as an optional add on with the only equipment being maybe a step, gliding disks and bands. I will leave it to Cathe to come up with unique ways to work all of the major muscles with only this minimal equipment much like she did in Slide and Glide.

If Cathe announces an STS 2 I also wouldn't mind waiting a year from the time she starts the pre-orders up to the shipping date. This will give her the time she needs to really put her heart and soul into the project and really work out all the kinks. But if STS 2 isn't at the top of her new projects at the moment perhaps a Slow and Heavy 2 (which I have been requesting forever) or maybe an entirely new series that combines the best of Slow and Heavy and Gym Style....oh the possibilities!

Total body STS2

Fantastic idea suggestions for STS 2. Also, I'm not sure if this would be popular or not but I also wouldn't mind if Cathe comes up with a optional workout disk in the STS 2 set that uses total body weight,

This will give her the time she needs to really put her heart and soul into the project and really work out all the kinks. [/QUOTE]

Spot on! An extra total body segment would be the icing on the cake:):):);)

Cathe's always deliver. Her programs reflect the input of elements mentioned above. That is why i love her:):)

Oh well, we shall wait and see if this happen;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.