I think people who rate threads...

Clarissa

Cathlete
are really, really ridiculous. You know what? I just posted on the Shock forum that Cathe's form for her hooks in the MMA series were superb. Um, okay - so who rated the thread low? What warrants THAT?!

People are weird.

And PS - get a life.

Clarissa

i have seen some really good threads get rated one star. then there was some bug on the forum that wouldn't let anybody change it b/c it "claimed" we already rated it but at least for me,i knew i didn't.

who knows, then there are heated threads that get high ratings. me just thinks its a troll who wants to stir the pot.

kassia

Right. It just makes no sense though. I mean, are they implying that they don't like me? I am hardly ever on here anymore - what did I do? I am giving a shout out to Cathe - not starting up a debatable thread. Or are they implying that Cathe's form is NOT good? WTH?

Clarissa

Clarissa - I have gotten low star ratings on a couple of my posts and it bothered me. I know it shouldn't, but it did.

I don't know why people just don't pass by the topic if they don't like it instead of making the poster feel bad.

I don't know why SNM still has the star rating feature!!

It seems like it's most often used to offend people--why bother having something that just stirs the pot?? The forum is supposed to bring people together, not create hurt feelings w/ drive by one-star ratings by anonymous jerks. :mad:

I agree! I don't even use the star rating ever. First, I didn't even notice it, then I just ignored it! I read what either looks interesting or informative to me or I'm also a fan of and the rest, I just bypass. I don't have kids, so I usually just skip those since I have no hands on perspective anyway.

Silly to rate threads!

I pay no attention to the ratings, they really don't bother me. I just read what interests me

I surmise that if one posts a very negative, catty thread it will get 5 stars. Face it, there are some people that can't process the emotion of happiness. Positivity pisses them off, instead they feed off the effect of being unpleasant. Recognize it for what it is, :confused: the same people let the door slam in your face, cut you off in traffic and butt in line. I feel sorry for their kids.

I surmise that if one posts a very negative, catty thread it will get 5 stars. Face it, there are some people that can't process the emotion of happiness. Positivity pisses them off, instead they feed off the effect of being unpleasant. Recognize it for what it is, :confused: the same people let the door slam in your face, cut you off in traffic and butt in line. I feel sorry for their kids.

DirtDiva...you are my HERO! I'm going to send you a cape or something. All of you who have posted make me feel so much better. I'm sure you've made a lot of people feel better. I've had a thread or two of mine rated low...and some of the cattiest ones are 5 stars. It's frustrating and ridiculous...and thanks for pointing out HOW ridiculous. I think alot of us are reading and thinking "phewww...I'll never let that bother me, or influence me, again."

GREAT thread, Clarissa!!!

:)Jonezie

I agree/I never bothered to learn how...

I agree with the sentiments on this thread.

I, like others here, find that the "star rating" has nothing to do with the information content of the discussion. Often, if there is an argument (say on animal rights), both sides may pose interesting points -- yet the thread is rated two stars out of five. Someone, on one side or another, just pans the entire thread.

I have never learned how to use the grading feature, so I have never graded a thread. And after reading this thread, I won't bother to find out how.
-- Davidj

As I've said a couple of times, I think the star rating system should be disabled. It serves no useful purpose that I can see.

i have seen some really good threads get rated one star. then there was some bug on the forum that wouldn't let anybody change it b/c it "claimed" we already rated it but at least for me,i knew i didn't.
I've encountered that as well, with all kinds of ratings. IMO, there is a glitch in the system, because there are threads I KNOW I didn't rate that show that I've already rated them.:confused:

Right. It just makes no sense though. I mean, are they implying that they don't like me? I am hardly ever on here anymore - what did I do? I am giving a shout out to Cathe - not starting up a debatable thread. Or are they implying that Cathe's form is NOT good? WTH?

Clarissa
I know there is at least one case of a forum member's posts being consistently rated 1 star by someone in particular (her 'forum stalker'?). Did you ever get in a flame war with anyone? That's how the 1-star-stalker trend started for this other person.

I can definitely see someone disagreeing with your assessment of Cathe's form (her hooks in MMA are exaggerated: the form was better in 4DS. ;)), and not wanting to post their own opinion in fear of getting flamed by other forum members. So maybe the 1 star is there way of sending that message indirectly?

I agree with all the comments here. Has anyone suggested to SNM that they disable the feature? I know it's been said many times, just wondering if anyone emailed him directly or has seen a response.

Really there is no need for the feature.

ITA! The star rating system serves absolutely no useful purpose (except starting a thread about it! ;) ) Why it hasn't been removed boggles my mind as I believe it has been brought to the attention of the powers that be in the past.

Bam

I pay no attention to the ratings, they really don't bother me. I just read what interests me

Me too!.....It's kind of like all those Movie Reviewers out there......It seems to me, the more negative the movie review....the more I think it's a GREAT movie! Go figure...

I agree with Davidj - Don't know how to rate a thread....and won't learn how.

If people wouldn't constantly complain about how annoying the one-starring is maybe those who find it necessary to rate a thread, person or whatever would get bored.

That being said, I don't think anything that is being said here will make those who one-star threads stop and think "oh, maybe I shouldn't do it". I think the goal is to annoy people and stir the pot.

I try to live by the motto that I can't control what other people are doing, the only thing I can control is my reaction to it.

Just sayin'

Yes, that would be Trevor..........errr Unkewl.........my cyberstalker, and his buddies (I'm pretty sure I know who they are too, & would be happy to share in a PM ;)). They did accomplish what they wanted though--they've made this place so unpleasant & managed to suck all the fun out of it, so I don't come here anymore. You won cyberstalkers, you should be very happy. :) And I've found a much friendlier place to post, so I'm happy too. :D

No way Kathryn! She rocks in this MMA! For sure! ;) I don't own 4DS by the way so I can't comment on that one...

Glad you came to Facebook, LauraMax! We can just chat and vent there.

You are all right - who cares about these little nitwits that have nothing better to do than sit around and "rate threads".
"Let me see, what can I do today?...I know - I'll go give one-star ratings on the Cathe forums to innocent people. Tee hee hee, I am soooo cool".

Winners.

I'm glad you found a better place to chat...but I liked it when you guys were here!!! I can't do facebook at work and I miss so many of you guys who barely post here anymore! I think I'll go pout now!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.