I LOVE P90X!!!

I am so having a love affair with P90X...{sigh};-) I never thought I would stray outside of Cathe...and haven't completely. I am following the P90X classic rotation (in week 5 and started tonite with chest, shoulders, and arms...all I can say is OUCH!). I think this is the most well rounded program ever!! The varity coupled with the unique moves, makes this the best cross-training workout on the market. Tony has even managed to make me stick with yoga (my very least favorite) longer than any instructor ever has. I am not very flexible, but I can see how this will improve by adding YogaX into my routine every week. And then there is Core Synergistics...need I say more!! What an amazing piece of work!

As far as Tony is concerned, I love his vibriant personality! He comes across as really caring about people achieving their absolute best, and does a great job with form pointers! I like his sense of humor as well.

Sorry, before I got off on my tangent, I have been adding Cathe legs once a week to the P90X rotation; either PLB or L&G. I also replace Kenpo with KPC (love this workout) or Imax2. I simply cannot completely give up Cathe. She is amazing in her own right. I think we are very lucky to have choices of such amazing workouts in this day and age!

Have a great workout everyone!

Rhonda

Rhonda...great post. I feel the same like Mindi. I am on my 9th week and still love P90X. Core Synergistics is awesome! AbRipperX is a sure killer...and YogaX...my first yoga workout and I will do yoga for the rest of my life. I also add a Cathe leg workout, plus I run in place of the CardioX as I am doing the Doubles rotation. I do sometimes add shoulder, tricep and bicep work from Cathe if I feel I am not hitting the muscles enough.

I like Tony too...I know he irritates some but he makes me laugh! As for Cathe, I did order her Hardcore DVD's and will always do her workouts as they are great....keep "Bringing It!".....:)...Carole

This is a first here in my household, but my husband has actually started his own P90X rotation. I'm absolutely amazed when he asks me where the DVDs are!

I really like P90X, too. I have been adding a Cathe leg workout once a week, too. Also 30 minutes of Cathe cardio or running on the weight days.

But....

I am in week 6 right now and I am desperately trying to hang in there. I truly need some motivation to stick to this!! I keep telling myself that I need to do the whole 12 weeks and give it a chance since I have come this far. I am sure that I will not reap the full benefits of this series unless I keep at it. But every day it is such a struggle to not reach for my other strength DVD's. I guess I am having such a hard time now because I have never stuck to a rotation for more than 6 or 8 weeks. I miss my other workouts soooo much! This morning I stood staring longingly at the Pyramids. I pulled out PP. Then put it up. I thought I would make myself at least complete this week and see how I feel next week.

I love this series, but I need a push to keep going with it!!! Maybe I am just tired. Sorry for the ramble!

Linda

I felt like I was reading my own posts there for a minute. I too, am crazy in love with p90x. I can't believe what it has done for me both physically and mentally. I have such focus and determination. I'm so strong and flexible. The aesthetic results are purely the icing on the cake.

Linda, hang in there...you are halfway there! Think about what you want to accomplish with p90x and get it. If you give up now, you'll never know what potential is there just waiting to be discovered. Keep pushing play and take a ride to "Results City" with us. Give yourself credit for coming this far and relish your accomplishments along the way. You can do it!

I also miss my beloved Cathe during this rotation, but feel compelled to continue till the very end. I am already SHOCKED at how strong I've gotten. I can do an entire set of push ups on my TOES. I can nearly do an unassisted pull up. I can hold advanced yoga poses that I couldn't even fathom in the beginning. I can jump higher during Plyo X. I can stretch farther and deeper than EVER before and my core strength is through the roof.

The fact that Cathe is creating a Hardcore series for us right now is just the kick in the pants that I need to keep going. I want to be ready!!! Tony Horton and the crew at Beachbody have done a brilliant job, but I have faith that Cathe is going to blow us away.

Would anyone back me up if I went to the "ask cathe" section in a few weeks to suggest the following?

1. Ask for a 90 day rotation for the Hardcore Series. I think that having the p90x rotation laid out for me has been a HUGE motivator. I have spent countless hours second guessing myself when it comes to what workouts I should do. If Cathe could lend us that expertise by offering an actual plan of attack on these new workouts, it would take all that mental energy away from the guess work and into the actual work.

2. Request workout logs. Yeah, yeah, I know she's mentioned them in previous workouts, but having official log sheets to write down weights, reps, goals, etc. has been an intense component to the entire p90x experience.

These are two items that wouldn't cost Cathe a lot to include and could make a world of difference to how effective Hardcore is for us.

You can do assisted pull ups with a chair (using less and less help as you get stronger) and do push ups at your own pace until you need to drop to the knees to finish the set.

I'm so happy to say that I continue to improve at both and intend to celebrate my 37th birthday by doing a pull up with NO CHAIR. Heck, maybe even TWO.

LetsWork,

Thanks for the encouragement! I will do my best to "keep pushing Play"! I know...it would be silly to stop now!

I like your idea about the 90 day rotation with the HardCore series! That would be great!

Linda

I am in my 4th week (recovery) and am still loving my workouts. In a month's time, I have gone from 0 to 1.4 pull-ups and 2 chin-ups. I have increased my standard push-ups (on toes) from 22 to 30. I feel that I am throwing harder during my softball games.

The X has been a great investment, so much so that I ordered the Slim Series to mix in with P90X when I am done with this round.

Tamikka

>Hi,
> I was wondering...how do you do this workout if you can't do
>PULL UPS? Or Push ups from the toes?

I started the rotation substituting 1-arm rows (heavy) and pullovers for the pull-ups, then went on to using bands (the "men's extreme" set from BB), now I'm working on doing pull-ups with chair assistance, as has already been mentioned (I'm not totally "chairless" yet, but I put less and less weight on the foot that's on the back of the chair).

For push-ups, you can start with push-ups on your knees, but try to do as many as you can (even if it's just 1 at first!) on your toes. I also transition between knees and toes by doing "one-knee" push-ups: get in knee push-up position, then lift one leg out behind you. I often will combine push-ups on the toes (as many as I can, often the ROM is lacking) with one-knee push-ups (after my ROM gets too abbreviated).

You know I'm responding late to this. I think your idea is excellent. It would take all the guesswork out and give people a goal to stick too. If they wanted to vary it a little they could, but atleast it would be there for the rest of us. I love p90x too, I'm only in my third week, just starting, it kicks butt!! I did Cathe's L&G workout with the plyo today and now I'm spent. Cathe is great at what she does, there is no one else quite like her.

R A C H!

What I've been doing is barbell rows for the pullups and just doing whatever the pullup set is...for instance, for wide overhand pullups, I do wide overhand barbell rows. I've ordered the bands since I've gotten P90X, so until then the barbell will do.

For the push ups, my first day I did everything on my knees. I could have done some on my toes, but was afraid of really overdoing it for the first go round. Tonight I do back and chest again and am going to put my all into it!

hey letswork!

I'll chime in as well for the 90 day rotations from Cathe and the workout log, too. That is one of the reasons I love P90X...all the guesswork is taken out!

Just curious if you've done the series as is or if you've added some extra things along the way.

RE: hey letswork!

I don't know if you were asking me if I add in extra work but I'll answer. Actually I thought it was my third week, it's only my second week!! Wow!! My strength has actually increased already. Which is great. Today I added in Cathe's L&G workout, which I did for the first time and I like it. However, two hours later it was felt. I'll probably still try to stick with this, I added it on the Plyometrics day. You know I think I'm actually seeing some results in my abs too, already. I know I'll sleep hard tonight, tomorrow I have Chest and Shoulders, I think? I will just do that as is. I'm only adding leg work right now. As I get stronger I may throw in some different cardio, but with the heavy weight work right now I think the cardio complements it just fine. Atleast for now. Is is possible your abs could look better in just one week? Feels like it.

RE: I Love P90X!

Mic...I saw results right away in my abs also. I know it was AbRipperX 3 times a week! Plus a clean diet....a great series...:)...Carole

I just started with my first workout today! Chest and back and abripper. omgosh, I thought I was stronger than that! I just used the band modification for pull ups but those push ups! I *failed* several times x( I'm a newbie all over again ;-)

My struggle as usual is going to be the nutrition part of the program. I'm really hoping I can find my focus there. My food issues just never quit. I'm forever making bad choices.

I'm looking so forward to phase 1. Hope to be talking with all you Px's a lot more. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Pam

I just received mine friday Iordered sunday while at work finally caved too I am anxious to start this should get me til Cathes new series comes out
I am gonna just do the standard rotation or classic Ihtink he calls it I am going to try to eat cleaner but I really like ot eat Are those of you doing the p90X also eating super clean? What kind of rsults can I expect if I just eat good
Going to try to start the first workout today but this is my work week and 12 hour night shift may not be agood time to start so may wait til monday
I bought the magenta red and green bands they seem pretty tough also the tower and the heartrate monitor took this on my bike ride loved it worked hard up and down hills for an hour
Lisa

Congrats on getting P90X!...Sounds like you have everything ready. I got really good results by also cleaning up my diet. For me that works better than just exercising, but P90X is very intense...Yes, I agree monday might be the day to start....good luck...:)...Carole

I survived a week of P90X! Woo-hoo! :)

I wasn't sure I was going to make it but I did. The only one I didn't do was the Yoga (I only worked out 5 days this week instead os 6 - family emergency) but I can't believe I actually got through those workouts! My body has been screaming all week! Those are some workouts! They really bring you to a whole other level! Not sure if I'm going to continue it this week of switch to another set of workouts (I like to change them up often). I'll decide tomorrow.

Thank God for rest days!

Sanchia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.