I have great news!!!!!!!!!

Shanda

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,
I posted last month that I was told something was wrong with my baby. Well,I'm so happy to report that I received the prelimnary results from my amniocentesis and the baby is fine I'm so excited. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and the beautiful post I received when I first found out my terrible news. My baby has something callled a cystic hygroma but it's looking as if it's resolving on it's own. I have since switched doctors because my first doctor was so insensitive and pretty much had me thinking I would have to terminate the pregnancy. This has been the toughest month and a half of my life I can now enjoy the rest of my pregnacny in peace.

A strong belief in god is what I had the whole time. I prayed and prayed somemore and he answered them. I was first told I was having a boy it now looks like it may be a girl who cares, right? as long as he or she is healthy. I couldn't wait to let you all know my mom kept saying have you posted on Cathe.com yet? I would say no, I want to wait until the results come back. I'm so relieved, I've lost alot a of faith in doctors though. Somewhere down the line alot of them lose their humanity and I don't think it's right. My first doctor, I'm so angry with her still, that was the worst day of my life when I left her office. Thanks again everyone.

Shanda

Shanda,
That is soooo incredible! I read your post about two weeks ago and have been praying for you ever since then. I know you must be so relieved, and I do believe you made the correct decision in changing doctors. I have the same belief about doctors as you, that is why I used a nurse midwife for my maternity care, and I take my baby to a pediatric nurse practitioner. Nurses are trained to think about how the patient is feeling emotionally along with everything else. I much prefer their care. Congratulations again, and I will continue to pray for you daily. I am so happy for you!

AshleyB

Shanda,

I have been waiting to hear the news from you. You and the baby have been in my prayers daily since I read your first post. I am so glad that things are okay for you and your little girl.

Hugs to you!

Sheila

Sheila S. Watkins, MLSci.
Founder and National Program Director
Healthy Moms(R) Fitness
www.healthymomsfitness.com

Shanda,

This is the best news I have heard in weeks! I am totally ecstatic for you and your news. I felt devastated just reading about your post a few weeks ago. I couldn't even respond to it - what can be said about news like that anyway. I have been praying for you daily though.

I have ten children and all of them have been healthy - I could not even imagine how I woudl have felt with news like you had. I am glad you changed doctors - that doctor needs to have more compassion and think of these pregnancies as real live babies and the mothers being one with their babies.

When I am pregnant I always worry about everything being okay - without anyone telling me to possibly end my baby's life because something MAY be wrong. That is horrendous.

Anyway, keep us posted - we will keep praying for you - You have made my day - HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

Cheryl

Oh, i am just so thrilled for you!! My DH is a physician and I know that some drs are really great, but some just suck. Its amazing the differnece in quality. My brother in law's wife (he is also a dr.) was pregnant and the baby had a problem and the dr. said to them very coldly, well it looks like you will have to abort and start over. Like it was just that simple!!! They were appalled, walked out of the office, never went back and got further testing elsewhere. Yes, the baby was born with a problem but it was fixed through surgery and they now have a healthy 8 year old with NO long term problems. Thank goodness they did not listen to that first Dr. I shudder to even think if my nephew were not here today. I'm so glad you switched Drs and all is good with your baby!!

Shanda,
I just responded to your e-mail too! I am oh so very happy for you sweetie. You must be simply thrilled! This made my entire week. You have been in my prayers constantly and I will continue to pray for you. I have yet to pray for you without a tear.

Amazing the miracles God can make happen if you just trust in him and put your faith in his hands. I am so happy for your good news. Funny how the sex of the baby just doesn't matter after an incident like this, isn't it. All that matters is a safe healthy baby. I remember feeling the same exact way.

I think switching Dr.'s is the right thing to do for you. Trust your gut!!! You know best.

Keep that smile on your face and go have a gourmet meal somewhere... includinng Dessert! You deserve it girlfriend!

Cyber hugs and prayers to you sweetie!

Keep us posted!

All my love - God Bless you!

Shanda,

What a wonderful blessing for you! I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and treasure your beautiful baby when he or she arrives.

Much love, Emily

Shanda-
How wonderful! Congratulations! I have been thinking about you and wishing you and your little one all the best. I'm so happy for you!

Lisa

Shanda -

Wow! From one extreme to the other! That is so fabulous. Now you can enjoy your little girl growing and thriving inside of you. Our very best wishes to you and your new little one! God does grant our prayers!

Take very good care!
Sandi & Baby Ryan

This is wonderful!!!!

Oh Shanda! This was such wonderful news for me to see and read! You and your baby are truly blessed. Blessings to you both!

jeni

HI SHANDA,

Hi Shanda my name is Mary. When I read your post I had to reply
My nephew also had cystic hygroma, and by the time we had the 6th month stage 2 sonogram it was completely gone!!! When he was born all that was left was a little scar on the back of his neck and base of the spine. i am so happy that your amino was good too! Well God bless!

mary

I just wanted to say that I'm not pregnant, haven't been for a very long time (I have 11 & 13 year old boys) but I do enjoy reading the pregnancy forum and I read your first post and you have been in my thoughts and prayers ever since you posted. I've actually been checking more often just to see if you have posted any more news. I'm so happy for you and very relieved that everything is going well. Believe me, I've switched doctors more than once just because I didn't feel they knew what they were doing and it was the best thing I ever did. I wish you and your husband the best of luck with your little guy/gal. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Dawn

Hi Shanda! Oh my, I am viewing this extra special news so late. How wonderful! I am so very, very excited for you. How relieved and overjoyed you must be. May the rest of your pregnancy bring you nothing but peace and joy! Take very special care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.