I hate being out of the loop and not preorder....BUT

upperwests

Cathlete
I am so technically challenged (not even sure what an MP3 player is), cannot buy one more piece of equipment, can only lift 1/2 of what Cathe can for upper body, just want to continue to "tone," really do NOT want to build anymore upper body muscle (I know that sounds strange, but I bulk up very easily), love total body workouts, and think this might be too "hard core" for me. YET, I HATE NOT JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON!!!!!
Paula

Well, I know what a MP3 player is!!!

I only lift 1/2 of cathe , like yourself...

I am thinking its a little too hard core too, but ya know what got me...

is a post by SNM that stated one could also do these workouts a la carte!!

so I caved!!! Sorry, no help from me, I felt left out too!!

I feel left out to. I can't stay off the boards, knowing there is an impending project. And I want the free shipping on another DVD. It is always nice to have something to look forward to. I just need more info.

>I am so technically challenged (not even sure what an MP3
>player is), cannot buy one more piece of equipment, can only
>lift 1/2 of what Cathe can for upper body, just want to
>continue to "tone," really do NOT want to build anymore upper
>body muscle (I know that sounds strange, but I bulk up very
>easily), love total body workouts, and think this might be too
>"hard core" for me. YET, I HATE NOT JUMPING ON THE
>BANDWAGON!!!!!
>Paula

You don't need an MP3 player for the STS, they are just going to make a seperate audio workout for people who want to work out at the gym. An MP3 player is just an audio player, the 21st century version of the walkman, you just get your audio files from the internet. Cathe will be doing an audio workout for people to take to the gym.

I'm not buying anymore equipment either. I don't own a squat rack (but Cathe said there would be an option for those of us who don't), a pull up bar or plate mates but I'm going to do what I've always done: get creative and make it work for me using what I have.

I can't lift what Cathe does either. She's always saying to use the weights that work for YOU. This is no different.

I have nothing to say about not wanting to build any more upper body muscle...because I do! :p You could probably just keep using the same weights you are using now with it and be fine.

With that said....it is a lot of money and the workouts will be available seperately in the future so don't spend the money now if you're not sure. You can always pick and choose a few of them if you want later on.

Just stuff to think about.

$200.00 is a big price to pay just to feel included, don't you think?

I will be surprised if these workouts end up the way they are described, as we have seen these descriptions change drastically between the time they are developed and the time they are filmed.

I am happily saving my cash and not giving in on this go around.:)

Don't worry your not alone. I'm sitting this one out also. I just can't justify to myself spending $200. on something I probaley won't get that much use out of. I will still be there at a later date if I change my mind, but for now I'm staying put.

I feel the same way. When I purchased Cathe's Low Impact Circuit and Body Max 2 I paid 60-70 dollars for those and that was NOT including the 4 day split dvd I ordered with that! So in total I spent about 100 dollars on 4 dvd's. I NEVER spent that much on DVD's in my life, HOWEVER, I can see where some people would break down and purchase this new system that Cathe will soon have out. I will need to see previews of the new system (like what she has for the 4 day split) before I can consider purchasing.

If these workouts are the way she describes it MIGHT be worth the investment of time and money for me, but I'm sure by then the price will be higher. I LOVE ALL of Cathe's workouts, but I'm in school and on a VERY TIGHT BUDGET. I cannot afford to buy 200 dollars worth of exercise DVD's right after I just purchased her 4 day split. I'll have to wait until summer possibly before I buy that.

Vanessa

I haven't preordered yet and am still on the fence about whether I will, but is anyone else wondering what will happen if Cathe does end up doing an infomercial with these workouts? Will they end up being A LOT cheaper a year from now?

You are sure not alone, as others have said too. I have not preordered STS, and I really don't have any urge to do so. I am a total Cathe addict and have all of her other DVDs - and that investment already has me quite sobered, though I do believe 100% it was all worth it. But the STS, based on what I know so far, just isn't getting my interest.

I am sitting this one out. Who knows the future - but for now, I'm not doing it.

~ Ann ~
Aim for nothing, and you'll hit it every time!

RE: I hate being out of the loop and not preorder....BU...

I can't justify spending that much money for these dvds. I have so many now and can't use any of them as much as I should. If I ordered that many dvds at once I'd never be able to use any of her other dvds or anyone elses either. Plus I don't have the space and would also like to order other instructors dvds sometimes.

So, I have to sit back and slap my hands and see how they turn out. Maybe I'll be able to buy a few later. I would like to get the ones that use the slanted risers but Cathe didn't answer my question as to which ones will be using it yet.

Darlene

>>An MP3 player is just an audio player, the
>21st century version of the walkman, you just get your audio
>files from the internet. Cathe will be doing an audio workout
>for people to take to the gym.
>

Thank you for being The One to explain this to me so I can understand it. I really wasn't getting how all this gym/mp3 stuff was supposed to work but, thanks to you, I finally get it. I WAS thinking you'd need an mp3 with video...

You are not alone. It is overwhelming with 37 DVDs. It is too complex and also I do not have that kind of commitment to stay with any rotations that long. It also sounds like once you are done with STS, you will need to work hard to remain at that level.

I hate not preordering too...but I have to evaluate all of my spending these days because of my separation. It's a want and not a need. You should have seen me agonizing over having to buy a power drill yesterday because my husband took all his tools. That's a need. Darn it.

Hey everyone,

Felt compelled to respond to this thread. I'm in agreement with all of you. I think the STS sounds really neat, however, that's a big chunk of change for me as well.

Don't know if this will make any of you feel any better, but I asked the following question to Cathe about a week ago:

Hi,

The STS sounds amazing. However, I'm afraid it is too expensive for me.

"Will you continue to offer individual dvd's (e.g. more kickboxing, step aerobics, etc.) for those of us who can't afford this new system?"

Cathe's response was:

"Oh definitely Stacey! Our current STS project is just one of many workouts we will be filming in 08'."

Cathe is my FAVORITE so I'm happy that there will be some other dvd options out there this year. I will see how STS turns out and then evaluate whether I want to invest in either part of all of it at some point down the road.

Stacey

$200 is a lot to spend if you aren't sold on the idea. I going to sit this one out, until I read the incredibly detailed e mail she sent out and then I was sold. This is exactly what I've been waiting for in terms of taking weight training to the next step. My husband (not a dvd workout guy at all) actually sounded interested in joining me.

So I went ahead and preordered because I was sold on the idea. If she hadn't convinced me, I would have saved my money. I think there are plenty of people who are not buying it, so you won't feel too left out.

Maggie:)

I have been trying to decided ALL WEEK wheather or not to pre-order? Im still new to Cathe and there is alot of her other workouts I still want,so im leaning towards not buying STS.

No, I don't really feel left out. First of all, it will take FOREVER for these things to come out if we go on the past track record (37 dvd's). I'm not complaining b/c Cathe has always been worth the wait, just stating a fact that has been true with past preorders. This is the first Cathe preorder I have not taken part in, since I discovered her. I spent a butt load of money when I first discovered her, getting most everything she produced, then the Intensity Series, then everything from there. I just don't wan't to spend $200 and not be able to order anything else this year and I don't really know if this is for me. I know I don't have to use them as prescribed, but if I buy all 37 dvd's I want to be able to stick to the prescribed rotation to see if I get results. That being said, at this point in my life, I have NO desire to stick to a 12 week rotation, and be so meticulous. After reviews come in if I decide to purchase this, I will save up my money (we are setting up an envelope system) and I will wait until I have the money in my fitness envelope and order at that time.

For now, my Valentine's Day present that I asked for is the Amy Bento preorder this weekend of her two new kickbox workouts. I need cardio variety right now more than anything and I'm enjoying too many other instructors to spend ALL my fitness money on Cathe.

I am enjoying reading all the developments and I really look forward to clips and hearing reviews once people receive them!
Angela

Do you know Amy Bento's website? When I typed in amybento.com I got a singers site. I am curious about branching out into her workouts because I really love kickbox and hi lo. Which of her workouts do you recommentd?
Paula

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.