I got someone arrested....(long)

No, that's Jellibean...my big boy. I don't have any pictures of Peanut (he's orange/white tabby) where I can post them.

Lori- I think it's safe to say that we are proud to "know" you and the good works you are doing. I truly hope that there will a credit that will help defray the costs of other needing cats!

Well, I just tried to call and make a donation but I don't think they can hear me over my Skype. :( The lady who is answering the phone must think she's being pranked because I tried to call 3 times in a row. Oh well. It looks like I'll have to send a check.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I will let her know that it was someone trying to make a donation! HAHA!

Everyone - Sandy can come home tonight! And can you believe, he is walking on his back legs just fine...I am shocked. I still don't have pics yet because I spoke with the vet this morning and she sent the pics to .net, rather than .com - LOL.

I will post them as soon as I get them.

By the way - how do I do that? Can I just copy and paste them into a post? I've never done this before!

thanks,
Lori

Get an account at photobucket.com and upload the pics there. Then you can link them to a post. Copy and paste the link that appears next to Direct Link under the uploaded pic.

Can't wait to see these sweeties!

*****URGENT AND IMPORTANT!!!*****

Hey Everyone - important heads up here!!

Donna spoke with me today and said that as soon as the bill for Sandy and Mr. T (Toby) is satisfied, they legally are not allowed to collect donations anymore. If they did, she said someone could call it fraud.

What this means is, if you have sent a check in the mail, and it arrives after the bill is paid in full, they will return your check to you with a note.

This is sad in a way, because I had hoped for a credit, but I definitely want this to be above board all the way - I don't want anyone upset or anyone to get in trouble.

I will speak with an attorney soon about whether we can accept donations personally for the difference on our account even though we aren't a non profit organization (yet). If we can, I will update you on that later if you want to resubmit your contribution through that new avenue for the other rescues on our account.

:(

But hey! Sandy can come home tonight! I'm really happy about that!

Lori

Hello Everyone,

This is an update on a very old post.

Some of you may recall that my husband and I have rescued cats throughout the years and "Sandy" was one of them. He'd been a victim of animal cruelty and at the age of 12 weeks, a man broke both of his back legs. Many of you helped in financial contributions for his initial surgeries, for which we are still very grateful for.

I'm writing today to tell you that about 4 months ago, we discovered that Sandy had developed cancer in his mouth. He had complete extraction of all teeth, but the cancer had spread to his sinuses. Considering that any surgery would be costly and very painful for him, and likely not end well, we opted to keep him comfortable and treat with steroid shots.

This week it's become obvious that the cancer is inhibiting his ability to eat and he's lost a considerable about of weight in the past week or two, so this evening, we're going to let him go. It's very painful, but it's the right thing to do for him.

:(
Lori

My thoughts and prayers are w/ you, hubby and your beloved Sandy. Losing a loved one, including the 4 legged kind, is incredibly painful. I hope you can take comfort knowing the love you shared in abundance with Sandy has made her happy. You gave her a happy, safe and loving home. I'm so sorry for your loss.

(((Lori)))
Thank you for being a special human to a special feline Sandy. It warms the spirit today to read that so many Cathlete friends helped out with his initial care. I am so very sorry that you are going through losing your family member to cancer. Hope you have the support of your friends/loved ones.
Take care.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.