How to lower bf%-Help?

lcsavik_85

Cathlete
There was a thread about how low is too low. Well I want to know how to get my bf% lower. How do you guys do it? I'm currently doing a P90X rotation using the Slow&Heavies and GymStyles. What else should I be doing?

~Reece Out~

I can't speak for the P90X because I don't have a clue what that is. I became really lean once I began to run. Running is my primary activity, but I do rotations of Cathe's weight workouts as well as her cardio and circuit workouts. I constantly change up my routines/rotations to consistently "shock" my body.

More importantly, I a pretty clean diet. I rarely eat anything fried and I eat plenty of veggies. What is clean for me may not be for others. I just kept at it until I learned what worked for me.

FITXME

I must agree with the clean eating. Also I would add cardio in longer durations to your workouts. Depending on your body and your strating point as of now will determine how much cardio you need. I currently do one seesion of cardio and three to four session of 20 to 30 min of cardio after slow and heavy and gym style. My goal is to build muscle and lose bf. Not just to lose bf. So this works for me. When I was just trying to lower body fat I did three days of carido 45 to 60 min a session. I also did circut and interval workouts along with the strait cardio. Clean eating goes a long long way in lowering your bf. Karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

DIET DIET DIET. You have to watch what you eat...no crap! You HAVE to eat every 3 hours...4 at the most but don't wait that long unless you have to! Make sure you eat a protein with evry meal and snack. You must get 5-6 days of cardio in and you HAVE to strength train. If you don't pick up the weights, your body will burn off muscle during your cardio sessions. Eating every few hours keeps your body from canabalizing as well.

I highly recommend the e-book "Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto. Amazing read, very easy to follow, principals are excellent and healthy. I have been following the plan for almost 8 weeks and I am seeing positive results every week (every week I don't cheat, that is).

Well how are you doing on your calorie intake now? Didn't you have a hard time taking in enough calories? Also, if you're doing these heavy duty workouts, you're going to have to make sure you're feeding your muscles. They deserve it after all that hard work, right?

Marla

I was eating 6 meals a day up untill the end of April. Now I just have no urge to eat again. I have to make myself eat. Yesterday I didn't eat a thing, I just forgot and my body hasn't been telling me to eat. I haven't been getting sleep either. I have lost bf% with this rotation and I have put on nice muscle. My tear drop is noticable when I flex. I only have a probelm with my lower body. My abs are great and so is my upper body. I want more definition in those areas though.

I've cut back a lot on the cardio to focus on building. So my next phase should be mostly cardion and endurance workouts like ME?

~Reece Out~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.