how long to do all 1rm?

thinsgreat

Cathlete
sorry if this was already asked and answered...

did you do them by body parts/ one part /day?

what's the best way to go about doing them? i was not going to do them, but seem to think now, after doing two discs that maybe i should push and just do it.

can i do them in a weekend?

So far I've done 4 (approx. 75-90 min) sessions and I've got all my upper body 4 and 5 star and some 3, 2 and 1 stars done. I've done some leg 1RM testing, but think I might "wing it" with legs. I did Chest/Back one day, Bis/Tris a few days later, Shoulders and just did more Shoulders and Bis (it seems like I will NEVER finish the shoulder 1RM testing). I've pretty much done everything necessary for Meso 1, which will take me 8 weeks to complete as I'm doing the 6 month rotation and start on Monday the 16th.

You'll find lots of threads on the various ways people did the testing. Some are doing it by disc, others by body part, others using a circuit method -- it really is an individual choice. But I can say with a pretty good degree of confidence that you're not going to be able to complete them in a weekend. There comes a point when fatigue sets in during each session and continuing to do the testing will affect your results, which would be a waste of your time.

Give yourself several days. I was glad to read here on the forums someone did them in two days, one hour each day. But it's not the case with me. Even after organizing the exercises in a way I thought I could tackle them efficiently, it's taking me longer. And after the first day of testing yesterday, major sore (must be doing something right!). So today I just did cardio. After spending an hour and a half in the morning testing, I found that I needed my husband to help spot me on some of the leg and chest exercises. So he helped out in the evening after we put the kids to bed. He even coached me on some triceps and shoulders to make sure I kept my form. But I'm not done! Maybe 1/3 of the way through. And there are a few exercises that I will need to view before testing as I'm not exactly sure what she's doing by just looking at the picture and I haven't done them before. And then there's the time I spent writing the info down and mentally preparing and setting up for the next test. It's different for everybody but bottom line, I recommend planning for several days and if you get done sooner than you planned, bonus!

Went much quicker than I expected. I started with disc 1, 3, 6, 9 etc until it switched order and I switched too to finish off all chest and bicep work, back and triceps - however they are divided up. I kept with all of the same groups the whole way through - as you go disc by disc, you will come to some that have nothing more to do b/c you've already done them. It's a great feeling! Getting past the first disc is the most time consuming but after that, they all have some things in red (indicating you've already done that test)...within the same muscle group of course.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.