How long do U w/o?

Autumn68

Cathlete
I was wondering how long others workout. Does anyone workout longer than one hour, or one dvd? Just curious - I am out of work, so I w/o a bit longer these days, but I was wondering what you guys do...thanks. autumn :D

Roughly an hour - the length of 1 DVD. Very rarely do I do more than 1 DVD, unless I'm putting in an abs DVD. My normal is 45-75 mins. Normally by the time I'm done w/ 1 Cathe, I'm DONE!!!

Nan

I work out for about 2 hours a day, somedays more. Right now I'm doing a P90X rotation and then I go on the treadmill or elliptical for around an hour.

Cheryl

It depends, right now I average about 1 1/2-2 hours a day. Strength training then cardio. On the weekends I tend to do one yoga, pilates, functional fitness, band workout though.

At the moment I am only managing 3 workouts per week due to various circumstances, so I make them count. I workout intensely, moving swiftly in my weight training time from exercise to exercise without too much downtime.

I do 45-60 mins treadmill cardio, followed by 1 and 1/2 hours of weights work and core training. At the end of that, I am done, ready to leave the gym and head home for dinner!

I know some "experts" say that any exercise after the first hour is redundant. However, my current fitness and lower body definition is proof that this is not necessarily so. It depends upon how you use that extra time beyond the first 60 mins!

We all have a certain amount of time available to us. I think I get the mst out of my fitness time. The other days are devoted to the family, housework, reading and drinking coffee, etc. It's a balance that works for me.

Clare

I'm at about 1 1/2 hours a day in one workout with STS due to having to pause to change out weights at times. On my cardio days, I usually run about 1 - 1 hour and 15 minutes as I do my abs on cardio days. I also work full time, so I don't have much extra time to workout.

lately for me its been about 30 minutes a day. I try to make my weights circuits and my cardio intervals to get the most out of my time

I keep it right around 45 minutes 4x/week right now because I'm preggo.

Once I deliver, I'll move it back up to 5x/week. But I still like to keep my workouts around 45 minutes. That seems to be plenty for me to get in the work that I need for the results that I'm happy with.

No more then 60 mins during the week and no more then 90 mins on the weekends and it's usually split up between weights and cardio. I try to do a little of each every day.

Funny you posted this question. I was just thinking this morning that I have traditionally had the mindset that if I don't have at least a full hour to devote to working out then why bother. This morning I had about 1/2 hour so I got on the treadmill and did a run/walk workout before jumping in the shower. I felt great afterward. On the weekends I often will work out 2 hours a day but now I'm thinking if I only have 1/2 hour, it is better than nothing.

Last edited:
It varies depending on my schedule and energy level. Usually between 1-2 hours. At least thirty minutes of cardio up to an hour. Then between 20 minutes and an hour and half of yoga (depends on the instructor/dvd.) Two sessions, not all at once usually.

Broken down:
Sunday: off
Monday: Cardio 30-45 minutes Jog/hike, Yoga 30-60 min.
Tuesday: Step Ckt just 1 hour
Wednesday: Cardio 30-45 minutes Jog/hike, Yoga 60 min.
Thursday: Step steady state 45 min-60 min., Easy Yoga 60 min.
Friday: Cardio 30-45 minutes Jog, Yoga 60 min. advanced, body weight strength work
Saturday: MMA Cardio 45 min-60 min, Easy Yoga 30-60 min.

I work out 6 days a week. Three weights and three cardio. Weights are always a Cathe DVD and cardio is running, step, or stationary bike. all are about 60 minutes. My running days are usually 1-1.5 hours.

75 minutes three times a week, 90-100 minutes 4 times a week
:)
But it I only did 50 minutes today, but did double wave puyramid twice, and then 30/30, and felt it MORE THAN EVER... so I guess time's not everything! :)

this is great

Thanks guys, I really like to see what you guys are doing. I use to think it has to be an hour or more, but BuffyR is right, 30 min's is better than nothing. Once I start working again I don't think I can get up at 5am for a 1 1/2 hr w/o. So I thought just do 1/2 hour in the am alternating elliptical and yoga on workdays, and then after I get home from work: m,w,f - sts strength, and t,th,sat at least 1 hour of cardio and ab work and Sun, longer yoga and perhaps some abs.
But for now I am doing all I can, trying not to wear myself out. I think that's how I hurt my knee. But I'm babying it. Thanks again - autumn :D

45-90 minutes, but usually around an hour.

I now have 2 DVD players connected to my TV, so I've been doing quite a bit of mixing, especially combining a weight workout (or part of one) with a cardio workout (or part of one), but my schedule also makes it hard to work out more than 4 days a week. If I worked out more often, I'd stick with 45 minutes to an hour.

Hi Autumn,

I usually shoot for about 90 minutes - a mix of cardio and strength mostly Cathe workouts. Soon, I'll be adding Insanity to the mix! Yikes!! :eek:

I work full time so I have an hour max per weekday. When I lift weights, I go heavy and make it count and when I do cardio I do 30-45 minutes, often Cathe premixes using workouts like IMAX2. On the weekends when I have more time I may add a brisk walk or hike to my scheduled workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.