How I spent my 41st birthday

morningstar

Cathlete
I really wanted a challenge to start the year off with a bang, so I ran a half marathon today. It wasn't in a race, but I ran 21.2K. The first 16K were steady state, and the last 5K was fairly full out shorter sprints with walk breaks. I did what I set out to do, and that was important to me. I didn't train for the half, I just decided to do it yesterday. I run regularly, but I haven't been working on my distance for a while. I'm a little sore, but nothing too achy. I've run halfs before, but not for about 7 months or so. I've come such a long way from the days that I used to declare on this forum that "I'm no cardio queen!" AND the days when I struggled to complete 5K.

So what did you do (or will you do) for your 41st? How did you/will you make it special for you?

morningstar said:
I really wanted a challenge to start the year off with a bang, so I ran a half marathon today. It wasn't in a race, but I ran 21.2K. The first 16K were steady state, and the last 5K was fairly full out shorter sprints with walk breaks. I did what I set out to do, and that was important to me. I didn't train for the half, I just decided to do it yesterday. I run regularly, but I haven't been working on my distance for a while. I'm a little sore, but nothing too achy. I've run halfs before, but not for about 7 months or so. I've come such a long way from the days that I used to declare on this forum that "I'm no cardio queen!" AND the days when I struggled to complete 5K.

So what did you do (or will you do) for your 41st? How did you/will you make it special for you?

Nice! I will be 36 on January 5th. I will run long and hard before work. :) I have been doing a great job of switching it up, but running is a passion. Happy birthday!

good job and congratulations!....my 41st was 6 yrs ago...soo....but I will start the new year off right....On January 1st I am starting STS again!

My 50th is this coming Wednesday or my 20th anniversary of 30. Tonight was my first workout since overcoming a bad virus going around so I did S,J&P and plan to do SB Sunday night and play it by ear the rest of the week. Personally, I'm not a runner so when I was your age, I was touring during the summers on my bike and working out. I knew Cathe was but didn't own her stuff at that time.

I celebrated my 41st by having a baby 6 weeks later! She's now 9. Have a happy 50th, JT! I turned 50 in July and it's a good age! :)

Stebby

Awesome job Morningstar and Happy belated Birthday!!
I loved my 41st b-day. I was finishing up my massage therapy diploma and preparing for the Provincial board exams to be registered in Ontario. I was surrounded by positivity and possibility, an exciting time of uncertainty, planning and change. It's eight and a half years since my 3 daughters and I relocated on 'Mommy's Big Adventure' and I adore my job, (most of) my clients and my co-workers. I've coming close to the end of raising teens and fifty is coming up next April. I'll be an empty nester with 3 Kids in university come September and am thinking a lot about the next 'Big Adventure'. : )

Take care
Laurie

Laurie,
Music to my ears. Granted, I don't have kids but I love adventure. My uncertainty is happening now since I'm in transition for employment and my severance is near the end. Also, I think GOD has a plan b/c it's all happening at once. Turning 50 and in transition.
Please keep us posted on what you decide. Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.