How did you discover Cathe?

I discovered Cathe on a Weight Watchers fitness thread a few years ago. Let's see...I started WW in 2002 and shortly after started doing Walk Away the Pounds and then moved onto the Firm. I loved the Firm at first, and when I purchased my first Cathe video I realized I had to get more fit so I could do more of her videos. I have since bought all of them and of course pre-ordered the new set. I haven't done many other videos since becoming a Cathe-ite, I feel like I'm cheating!

The Wedding Video!

Well, I discovered Cathe's How to Get In Shape for Your Wedding video when it was mentioned in one of my Bridal magazines (1997). Since it's the only one of it's kind, I had to order it. I called and ordered it and got an order form with Cathe's other videos on it - The list was Step Jam, Step Heat, Step Max, Mega Step Blast, SNM 1 -3, Cardio Step Challenge, Home Step Workout, Fit & Firm and Rock Bottoms. Well, since we were paying for our wedding I couldn't order any more for a while. I wish I'd gotten some of these since they aren't available anymore, but oh well.

My first impression when I watched the workout was - this lady is nuts, I can't wait to get started!! No, I couldn't make it through the cardio at first (I had been using Energy Sprint and Kathy Smith prior to Cathe) - but that just made me more determined. When I read that this workout wasn't quite as difficult as a "normal" Cathe workout, I was amazed and excited because here finally was someone I could work out with and not master the workout after one or two tries. After that, when I tried to use my old workouts by Karen Voight or Kathy Smith, I couldn't even get through the warmup without getting bored. Oh, how spoiled we are now!! I wouldn't have it any other way...

BTW, Don't even get me started on finally getting internet access (1999) and going directly to Cathe's website. (Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00!!) What a revelation that was!

Tricia

Years ago I was an avid fan of the Firm Sparklist messageboard AKA Sparky. Cathe's step tapes were highly regarded so I decided to try a few out along with the Wedding video. The step tapes were way too advanced for me, but I loved her regardless. Many of us on the sparklist became even more excited with the release of MIS. With the release of MIS, I became a devoted fan of her weight training tapes/DVDs and still am. Can't wait to see the new DVDs, the pictures are awesome. :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.