How did everyone hear about Cathe?

I found Cathe on the Health channel I think it was. It was alot like Fittv is now. She was doing the PS series and I was just getting tempted to start working out at home. I bought that series and the rest is history!

I found Cathe about 4 months ago on FitTV. My first workout w/ her was L&G. My Moms first one was SJP.

Take Care,
~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

I found Cathe on FitTV too. Because it was an hour long on there, I paid attention to it and was amazed at her workouts. I have been hooked every since.

Lea

i remember wanting to learn proper form using free weights, and i had some cardio jazzercise, so i figured there had to be strength training vids...niave me did a google search, and this was around the same time the FIRM had the bss1 infomercial. between collage and VF, i own EVERY cathe...even the rare OOP gems!

Nice Thread ;)Let me see, I started with The Firm. I believe I heard one of the girls mention Cathe workouts (don't remember my first) went too www.cathe.com ordered my first workout and I have been in love ever since :p

Teddygirl~

I'm amazed at how many of us started with the Firm!

I found Cathe on the Weight Watchers Fitness Challenge Board. I was searching for something more challenging than the Firm! Now if I go back to do one it is SOOOOO easy1 Cathe "whipped " me into shape!

Terri

I was doing Tae Bo and even the Advanced tapes were getting a bit easy. Then a friend from the Tae Bo boards told me I had to get into weight lifting and to try Cathe. My first tape was MIS followed by ME. Then I tried her cardio - got Cardio Kicks and Circuit Max (both on VHS from eBay), and that was it. The step part of Circuit Max about killed me, until I got IMax 2, and then I started recognizing the moves.

Cathe has helped me gain a fitness level I never thought I would. Six years ago when I moved in with DH, I could barely run 1/2 a mile. Monday I ran 10, and I expect to be able to complete a half marathon in October. Cathe has given me great cross training and muscle conditioning so that I can do this... Amazing...

Another vote for "found her on FIT TV".

I had gone to a gym umptine years ago and only like two instructors because they were hard the way Cathe is.

After a few years of some very bad memories in my personal life, needed to work out again. Saw the Firm informercials and did those for a while.

Then we finally got FIT TV on cable and, lo and behold, there was our favorite Cathe.

I love to "die" when I work out - she definitely fits the bill. }(

I'm glad to see so many people finding Cathe on FitTV. I felt a little weird working out at my house but the more I did it the less it bothered me.

This all started in an attempt to get in shape before a cruise in 2004. It's now 2006 and although i had lost some weight before the cruise I'm back up to if not surpassing the weight before I started working out. I began with the Eating for Life cookbooks and knew I had to find some sort of exercise routine. I've had a membership to Bally's for 11 years and only used it in 1998 - 1999 before my first child was born. Since then it's just been something i've wanted to get back to and life just seemed to take me in differnt directions. Finally with this cruise i started thinking about exercising a little more seriously and with a little coaxing and getting a goal of doing triathlons, i've gotten back to the gym. I too am not always pleased with the instructors at the gym for not pushing people. I understand they have to keep a certain level so that the most can participate but i do think they'd be surprised at how many people are actually interested in something more.

Enter Fit TV - I've been irregular at best since March of this year at the gym. Fit TV has really allowed me to start early in the morning and get moving. I found Cathe as i was channel surfing a couple of weeks ago and found out there was actually a channel that is entirely fitness oriented and with workouts. How great is that. I loved the Namaste Yoga but still felt the need for aerobics so i started some Sharon Mann. That girl has unusual amounts of energy. Then i got up early one morning and saw one of Cathe's IMAX2 series. I was completely impressed and not with crazy energy but awesome intensity. I've been conditioning myself to get up at 5:30 in order to be fully awake to do the workout at 6. I'm excited about what i've read from everyone and hope to help shed these pounds off my body.

sorry i'm so long-winded. this is my first on this forum and hope to add shorter success stories as time goes by

I probably saw her in Collage catalogs, but all of the talk at VF got me hooked! Timeline? Mid-late 90's but didn't invest in her workouts (except BodyMax VHS) until she had the big DVD offer in mid-2001.

I hsd discovered collage video and was randomly reading about the instructors when I came across Cathe, found her website, ordered, then ordered some more, then ordered some more.....
Angela:7

I read about her on another popular fitness board...While I do more live classes, I am amazed again and again by Cathe's talent and professionalism, so I actually just preordered the new workouts. If you love this type of movement, how can you not support such a hard and truthful worker and producer!!!

I used to teach somewhere full of many (not all) catty instructors who wanted to be "stars" -- haha. Again, I am continuously impressed with Cathe's enthusiasm yet sense of sincerity. She does honest work. She's not over-the-top, yet she's excited and seems real -- know what I mean?

Cheers!!!

:7

I was using the Firm and changed my satellite provider. My new provider offered FitTV. I watched, but most of the workouts were only a half hour long, and after using the Firm, I knew I needed to work out longer to maintain, much less progress.

One day, I found some workouts (Cathe) that took up the whole hour of TV (with commercials, it's shorter), so I taped a couple and tried them.

Wow! I was hooked, and have since bought almost all of her workouts and learned about other advanced instructors from this forum. When I first started, I had to use the commercials to catch my breath so I could finish, and when the day came that I needed to fast forward, I knew I had to start buying my own. Then, it took more time to get through the whole length of the workouts with no commercials.

Now, I can do most of her workouts all the way through without modifying too much (except weight). I haven't lost much weight, but I am much more healthy and look much better than ever in my whole life - and I'm 45.

I heard about Cathe on the FIRM boards. Then I saw that she was on FITv. Since, everyone on the FIRM boards raved about how great she was;I decided to check out FITV. That was about a month ago and I am addicted to her workouts now. I LOVE her teaching style and I LOVE the higher intense cardio workouts. I have been seeing great results since I have added Cathe's workouts to be schedule.

Thanks Cathe! You are awesome...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.