how 'bout 2 sts in one day?

Autumn68

Cathlete
I am planning my rotations once I return to work (hopefully soon) and it would be easier to do STS strength on the weekends and other workouts during the week. Do you think this would be ok? Has anyone done it? I was wondering if I should do 2 hours of upper body Sat and Sun do the 1 hour of lower body. The rest of the week it would be cardio and light weights.
Autumn

If you are doing STS on the weekends do you think you need the other weight work at all? ( just curious) Do people add more weights over and above STS?

Hi,

To be honest I feel like the program is split up the way it is because the rest from heavy weights in between workouts is necessary to promote the greatest benefits. If you do the rotation at your true 1RM then you should need that day in between for muscle recovery. The workouts aren't really any longer than Cathe's other DVDs so it's really not much of an adjustment to switch up your normal rountine to fit in it. Don't you feel like you'll be rushing the program rather than enjoying each seperate workout?

thanks

Hi,

To be honest I feel like the program is split up the way it is because the rest from heavy weights in between workouts is necessary to promote the greatest benefits. If you do the rotation at your true 1RM then you should need that day in between for muscle recovery. The workouts aren't really any longer than Cathe's other DVDs so it's really not much of an adjustment to switch up your normal rountine to fit in it. Don't you feel like you'll be rushing the program rather than enjoying each seperate workout?

I actually like the separated. I don't want to rush the STS's before work, not a morn person. I could squeeze in a short cardio and abs before work. I do plan on working out in the eve's after work but if I'm stuck at work or something I don't want to skip it. So Maybe I can do a lower body STS and upper body STS on a Sat and Sun and one upper on a Wed or Thurs. That might work. - A

Don't agree

I think that will work. I may do that myself.

I agree with AYLE09, you would be rushing your workout. You really need that time in between to have your muscles recover and grow. Then you'll be able to see the full benefits of the STS. I do understand that if you leave your workouts for after work, there'll always be something that could get in the middle and mess it up. I get up and hour earlier than I would if I didn't workout in the morning. It is hard at the beginning, but you'll adjust; just think how great you'll feel the rest of the day knowing you did the STS and that you're doing the routines as planned by Cathe. Just make sure you get at least 6-7 hrs of sleep! :p

What if you did:

Fri: Back/Tris
Sat: Legs
Sun: Chest/Bi/Shoulders

or

Sat: Legs and one upper body
Sun: other upper body

I have a feeling that if you were to do all upper on one day with STS you might not be able to give it your all on every body part. If it were me I would do a combo of Legs and one upper body and the other upper body the next day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.