How about some happy dog stories? (Long)

Merrick Xmas & A Huppy (LOL) New Year!!!

No funny stories here (I am just thankful that the burglars who broke into my house a few days ago did not hurt her...)

but...

Best Holiday Wishes From Merrick in Athens, Greece!!!

P.S. I am sure she was all over them being happy and all, and when she was done she just said to the burglars: "You go on ahead and take whatever you like. I'm just gonna go cuddle on the couch"... LOLOLOL

Attachments

• 22333_1318788010651_1259286652_30924091_3869412_n.jpg
    22333_1318788010651_1259286652_30924091_3869412_n.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 7
I love all these doggy pics!! Keep them coming! I will post some Casey pics once I finally load them onto my computer from Christmas.

This isn't really a story but it cracks me up when Casey gets what we call the "puppy crazies." He's 5 now (clearly no longer a puppy) and he will just freak out for no reason and tear a$$ around the room in circles, making this grunting sound. It is hilarious!!! Of course we egg him on by attempting to chase him which makes him go even nuttier. Our old lab Sandy used to do the same thing. Labs are nuts!!

I have horses and dogs. When it was just Muttsey, Frankie and me...I would take Muttsey to see Frank at the farm.

Muttsey is a peak a pom and Frank is a retired thoroughbred race horse.

One day, we were out visiting and Muttsey started running...Frank got all excited and put his head down and his tail in the air and started running and turned to see where Muttsey was...well poor Muttsey was way behind still running...but certainly not keeping up. Frank snorted and realized...it just wasn't going to work out.

When I got married, we had our horses in our wedding. To keep people from getting their feelings hurt about who was going to give me away, I decided that I would have Frank do it...Frank is my big son. Love that horse.

Anyway, he and I walked in the barn and he saw all these people and the look on his face was priceless. He hadn't scene that meany people since his racing days...He soon realized...all was good and we went on about our business.

Wedding photos

http://picasaweb.google.com/celesteis/Wedding#

Muttsey and Frankie
http://picasaweb.google.com/celesteis/Farm#5203244648343306882

Last edited:
My Vlad is just a sweetie with more heart than brains. He's a Rott/shepher mix, and we thought he might turn out mean. Nope. He's a big ol' mama's boy. Another dog I "ruined" according to DH. He is DS's best friend as well. Nothing like a boy and his dog!

Vlad is not allowed on the couch, DH's rule, not mine, but he thinks he's a lap dog (my fault). So when I sit up on the couch, I end up with the front half of him on my lap. Back legs still on the floor. "see, dad, I'm not one the couch!" Then he starts to fall asleep and the back legs start sliding out from under him.

He also knows that when I'm sitting on the couch reading the morning paper it's fetch ball time. So I end up with a ball in my lap while I'm reading. But of course, you can't play fetch ball without also having the rope tug in your mouth, so he runs around w/ that too.

The best is when we go for walkies. He has a thing for squirrels, and is always looking up in the trees. I think they are laughing at him b/c he can't get to them. He doesn't watch where he is going and will turn his head and *wham* into another tree or sign post. Sad, but funny.

Ah, I could tell doggie stories all day!

Nan

My Vlad is just a sweetie with more heart than brains. He's a Rott/shepher mix, and we thought he might turn out mean. Nope. He's a big ol' mama's boy. Another dog I "ruined" according to DH. He is DS's best friend as well. Nothing like a boy and his dog!

Vlad is not allowed on the couch, DH's rule, not mine, but he thinks he's a lap dog (my fault). So when I sit up on the couch, I end up with the front half of him on my lap. Back legs still on the floor. "see, dad, I'm not one the couch!" Then he starts to fall asleep and the back legs start sliding out from under him.

He also knows that when I'm sitting on the couch reading the morning paper it's fetch ball time. So I end up with a ball in my lap while I'm reading. But of course, you can't play fetch ball without also having the rope tug in your mouth, so he runs around w/ that too.

The best is when we go for walkies. He has a thing for squirrels, and is always looking up in the trees. I think they are laughing at him b/c he can't get to them. He doesn't watch where he is going and will turn his head and *wham* into another tree or sign post. Sad, but funny.

Ah, I could tell doggie stories all day!

Nan

LOL...I've been accused of ruining pets myself...I love them and I can't help it...

I love this thread...

We have three dogs. One original breed Irish Setter and two Llewellen (sp?) Setters.

Our Irish Setter is 9 and likes to be warm. I sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door. Ellie will sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night wacking me with her paw, which means "scoot over and let me under those covers!" Of course I do. She is such a cuddler.

I am loving all the stories here. I have a heroic one too. Lucy was just a puppy, maybe three months old, when we were in the middle of nowhere visiting my husband at his work camp. The kids were 4 and 7 and had been in the van for 5 hours driving so I wanted to go for a stroll to burn some energy off. Lucy ran off ahead and my youngest followed a ways behind. All of a sudden Lucy turned to the bush and started barking repeatedly at the bush and I said, "What is she doing?" Well this HUGE grizzly bear comes meadering out of the bush about 2 ft from Lucy and 6 feet from Alex. I froze and Tim ran and grabbed Alex and the bear stood on it's hind legs and starting sniffing and Tim grabbed a rock and threw it at a tree, making a loud noise and the bear went back down and turned back to the bush. If Lucy hadn't been there and barked we would have collided right with the bear on our walk. Very scary and you know she didn't back down. I always felt safe walking with her because she was always in the lead.

Laura

Attachments

• Lil and Lucy.jpg
    Lil and Lucy.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 3
Laura! Oh my goodness!

Isn't it amazing how ridiculously fearless dogs are sometimes? Greta and Afreet are not afraid of anything that could actually hurt them. But Greta is afraid of thunder and Afreet will hide under the bed if there is a housefly buzzing near the window.

My dog is afraid of everything! If we're walking and there's a tricycle at the end of someone's driveway, my dog will move to put me between him and the tricycle, then he'll walk past it really fast...You can only guess what happens if we walk on trash day.... Can't even imagine what he'd do if he encountered a bear or anything dangerous...:D He's neurotic (and I apparently made him that way...) but I love him anyway!!

Laura! Oh my goodness!

Isn't it amazing how ridiculously fearless dogs are sometimes? Greta and Afreet are not afraid of anything that could actually hurt them. But Greta is afraid of thunder and Afreet will hide under the bed if there is a housefly buzzing near the window.

haha, my little pug is terrified of tinfoil and pots and pans clanging but if off lead will try to ATTACK dogs more than twice her size lol.

oh yeah she was also terrified of bridges and boardwalks and refused to walk on them for two years. I'd have to carry her...

Extremely funny Bichon Frise Yoga

Hi gals,

Here is a very funny and true story about my Bichon Frise, Wolfy, and how he inspired me to compose these "advanced" yoga poses. I tried to get the photo to attatch but was unsuccessful. Regardless, very funny cuz they are true. Imagine a perfectfully round cotton ball head with big brown/black eyes and a black nose.

Daytime yoga poses created by Wolfy...

Downward facing dog while facing Mommy wondering if she lost something under the couch

Tail/butt in the air gently move to tummy rub pose

Stand on back of couch tilt head be sure to look very cute

Find tail and rotate quickly in a circle... try to catch it

Finish with cat stretch- WHAT stretch!?!?

Wolfy's bedtime yoga poses

Hop up onto bed bring body into curled up ball position
Place tail over nose creating furry snail pose

Hear Mommy come up into room, gently roll into favorite tummy rub pose

Move to side-winder dog pose when ready

Hear Randy (my seven year old son) come upstairs, in one very swift move dive from top of bed to under the bed, remain here until he's gone! hahaha

Enjoy!

Pam

So, how do you gals get the photos onto the web-site. I'm currently using Snapfish and it's a pain in the tukus! Ya gotta see my furball to truly appreciate the 'yoga' moves.

These are some pics of my boys Oliver (Boston Terrier) and Vinny (Maltese/Lhasa Apso mix)!

I don't have any really cute stories about them (at least none that come to mind), but they have such individual personalities, it's crazy!

Vinny is obsessed with squeaky toys and dog chews and will carry them with him everywhere, and he considers himself the guard dog of the house and will watch intently out the front windows. We got Vinny as a rescue when he was an adult (hence no puppy pictures), but he came to us with a love of children, and it is so cute to see his tail start going nuts whenever he sees a child. I used to live next to an elementary school, and the playground was literally in my back yard. One day I was home sick during a week day and let Vinny out to use the bathroom, and it happened to be recess time... he heard the kids and ran over to the playground, all excited and happy! Here I was, eyes bloodshot, nose all clogged up, hair a mess, no bra on, in a sweatshirt and pajama pants, and I was running after him! He was bounding around the playground, playing with all the kids, having a blast! It took forever to hunt him down and scoop him up, and I just know the kids all thought I was some crazy homeless lady or something. I guess that's kind of a cute story. :)

Oliver is a love bug and *must* be making full-body contact with SOMEONE at all times and loves burrowing under the blankets. He is also terrified of the cats because my older cat smacked him when he was a tiny 8-lb puppy (no claws or anything, but it left a psychological mark!) He is 4 years old now and has long outweighed the cats, but he is still afraid of them and avoids making any direct contact with them. I think the cats secretly love tormenting him... they sit hidden in doorways and wait for him to nonchalantly stroll by, then they leap out at him! He jumps about 6 inches in the air and then runs away, looking for Mom or Dad's lap and shelter from the mean felines!

Attachments

• 100_1185.jpg
    100_1185.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0839.jpg
    100_0839.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0852.jpg
    100_0852.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0990.jpg
    100_0990.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1007.jpg
    100_1007.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 8
My dog is afraid of everything! If we're walking and there's a tricycle at the end of someone's driveway, my dog will move to put me between him and the tricycle, then he'll walk past it really fast...You can only guess what happens if we walk on trash day.... Can't even imagine what he'd do if he encountered a bear or anything dangerous...:D He's neurotic (and I apparently made him that way...) but I love him anyway!!

LOL...Muttsey does the same thing...and looks at me like..."go get em' mom!"

So, how do you gals get the photos onto the web-site. I'm currently using Snapfish and it's a pain in the tukus! Ya gotta see my furball to truly appreciate the 'yoga' moves.

Can you load them into shutterfly? I don't know anything about snapfish.
I wanna see!!!
Are you copying the image location (from snapfish) and pasting it in the pop up window (in the reply box here) after clicking on the mountain scene?

P.S. I am sure she was all over them being happy and all, and when she was done she just said to the burglars: "You go on ahead and take whatever you like. I'm just gonna go cuddle on the couch"... LOLOLOL

Your baby is adorable!
I'm glad everyone is safe. I had to laugh at this last paragraph. My boxer girl Mercedes was so loving, she would have shown the burglars where to find the good stuff.:D
That's if they could get past Maximus. He is not a nice dog at the front door.:eek::eek: He takes his guarding job very serious.

I'm in heaven viewing all these beautiful photos of fur babies.
Kisses to all your fur babies! :)

I wanted to post some action shots of my two boxers in the snow. Boxers are beautiful in motion. (I know, I'm partial:p)

ry%3D400

This is the look on Maximus' face when I called him inside.
"Awe mom, why? I have my winter coat on!"
ry%3D400

I've never been able to get the picture thingy to work, either.

But here are some links!

Here's Greta (the grey one) and Afreet (the black one) out for an adventure with me.

Here's Greta enjoying a nap in her favorite spot during the snowstorm a couple weeks ago.

And here's Freetsie playing hide & seek with me in the snow. She likes to snuffle around in the snow, resulting in a phenomenon we call "Snow Fuzzle."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.