Hot momma and their babes 2/21-2/27

will try to type on the ipod while i feed john later. That will mean more mis-spelling than usual. You will all be rolling your eyes at that dumb broad. Hard day here. Jimmy has been bad and growled at me. Like a carnivore. Then would not apologize, and moaned and wailed and went off his rocker. We bagged up all thousand of his hot wheels around the house and put them in hubby's trunk. I hate parenting some times. He is more upset abour the hot wheels than hurting mommy's feelings. Got to set boundaries, but it hurts.
On a plus, got to run, and to 40/20 and Pyramid will john took a dump and had to get clean. Grrr.

Welcome home, Melanie! After 14 hours in the car, I would feel like moving my legs too. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Jen, you can hide your abs, but a great butt is always noticeable :) LOL If only I had one of the two going for me :p

Susan, glad you enjoyed dinner. I hear you on the sodium; I am so sensitive to it these days. Enjoy Survivor. Hope Kara sleeps tonight.

Christine, sorry you had such a rough day with Jimmy. Yep, parenting is not always fun :( Ella has been pushing limits for months now; I have to be firmer with her and hate it.

FINALLY got to STS Disc 2 tonight. Tried twice today, but never got past the warm up courtesy of a cranky little man. I'm trying the 6 month STS rotation, so this is my second week using the first 3 workouts. I'm not doing as much cardio as I should, but I'm happy to be doing the strength workouts.

Morning!
Kara actually went to sleep a little after 9..so not as bad as I expected. She did get up 2 times..but who's counting.
Allison-the least little bit of salt and my fingers look like sausages..and I have boney fingers! I ordered the baby food book you suggested! I also ordered the beaba babycook. Im good to go on the babyfood! Great job on your workout!
Chrisitne-parenting is tough..but your kid won't be a annoying brat becuase of your parenting...good for you!
Jen-hope you have a great day ..with your fine bootay and all.
Melanie-thinking about you!
K is ready for me to get up..taking H to school and bubbles to the groomer. bbs

Afternoon ladies! How is everyone? James and DH came to visit me at work. We weight him again and he is 12.4! Gained a pound in a couple of weeks! Can't weight to see what tubbo he is at his 4 month appt. He's technically 4 months on Mar.10 but his appt isnt until the 22. Maybe DH will bring him to work again and we can weigh him before then.

I am so sleepy today...J woke up at 3a but I could tell he wasn't hungry but it was because he became unswaddled so I wrapped him back up and put him back to sleep by 315a. But I COULD NOT FALL BACK ASLEEP! :mad: I probably had a total of 5 hours. I don't do good on less than 6 so now I am lagging.

Christine- I agree with Susan! I don't think your kid will be a brat because you lay down the law! I'm sorry he didn't realize he hurt your feelings. I think that would bother me more.

Allison- I've been doing very little cardio also. I'm just not into lately. I did Bootcamp the other day and was so bored during the cardio drills (and they are ONLY a minute) :rolleyes: but loved the strength training. I'm just listening to my body and not worrying about it. I told DH how much the dumbbells cost :eek: so I don't think I will be purchasing them anytime soon. :(

After typing this whole thing, I am starting to remember that I started a post this morning but I have no clue where it went....either that or I am hallucinating. :p Oh well....

Welcome back Mel! Glad you are back safe! Hope you can get caught up on some rest! Oh and you look so beautiful in your pictures on FB!

Hi Susan! Hope Bubbles was good at the groomers! :)

Howdy!
Kara has taken a 2 hour nap 3 days in a row..yayy!! Im hoping she keeps it up..if so I am changing my workout time to after lunch.
Jen-sorry you are so sleepy!! You can sleep in tomorrow, right?
Christine, Allison, Melanie HI!
Its about time to go get Haley..bbl

Thank you so much for posting baby foods, my daughter is only 2 1/2 mos so I was thinking to start giving her baby foods around 5 mos.
I bought this Bright Stars lay & play & I love it. She's actually playing with it right now while me here in the computer. It's great too while I'm working out.

Um, Jen...James is not tubbo at 12.4 lbs. He's a tiny squirt!! Drew was 15 pounds at his 2 month visit, and 20 lbs 15 oz at his 4 month visit (which was really a 4.5 month visit). I have to get the convertible car seat out of the basement, because my infant carrier one only goes to 22 lbs!

Susan, I hope you like the book! I was thinking about getting a couple more by Annabel Karmel. I have the two I mentioned yesterday as well as her Family Favorites one. The kids like the "apple lips" (apple slices with peanut butter and mini marshmallows for teeth) :)

Christine, I hope today was a better day for you, and for Jimmy.

Today I managed to get in the Cardio Conditioning premix from KPC; a 37 minute workout was just right today with Drew's schedule. During his whopping 20 minute afternoon nap, I did Jackie Warner's 15-minute Power Circuit Abs (all of Jen's talk about Jackie Warner got me curious! Found a DVD at BJ's for $8). I also shoveled snow for 30 minutes today.

BUT, note to all of you: Do NOT buy a cookbook called "Absolutely Chocolate: Irresitable Excuses to Indulge" by Fine Cooking Magazine when you're trying to lose weight LOL! Ella and I baked chewy chocolate chip cookies tonight -- YUM!!!!!

Don't know if I'll be able to workout tomorrow. Ella's last ballet class is in the AM, then a meeting early afternoon, and supper club at 7. I don't even know if I'll have time to make anything for supper club -- I might be contributing wine and a nice crusty loaf of bread to our French themed dinner.

Ahhhhh. I have tomorrow off. YES! DH and DS1 are going on an overnight fishing trip. I"m going to try to sleep in....wish me luck!

Can't wait to catch up with you gals!

Allison- Did you like Jackie Warner's abs? Mine has three w/o on one and I can't think of what its called. Yeah I guess in comparison, Drew has James beat. :p

Hey Mel! Hope you were able to sleep in!

Morning Susan! What fun stuff are you doing w the fam today?

J let me sleep in today until 715a! Not sure what w/o I will do today! Off to eat breakfast!

Another quick note, .....I met my weight goal!! YES! 140 lbs. I'm not really sure how it happened, b/c I hadn't had a chance to workout at all since Monday (except for a 4 mile walk Thurs night on elliptical). I was slightly stressed about weighing myself. When i was on my trip, I was at the mercy of eating what my mom made....which wasn't always healthy. I tried to make healthier choices, but it's not really in your hands when your traveling & visiting family.

I have noticed that my biceps are formed! It's exciting, but I have to watch myself as I have a tendency of bulking up.

Alrighty, just wanted to share the news! Now my journey to lose the last five lbs to pre-pregnancy weight.....

Hi
Welcome back Melanie and yayyyyy for your weight goal! Those 5 puonds will be gone before you know it!
Jen-so glad you got some sleep! Weather here is really pretty...we are going for a walk later and some shopping..nothing too exciting!
dh needs on puter..bbs

Attachments

• DSC_0236.jpg
    DSC_0236.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4
Susan- Could Kara be any happier or cuter in the sunglasses? Adorable. MAking any soup today?
Melanie- Super high five on the weight loss. Way to go. Glad to have you home, as well. The pics on facebook are great. You look radiant.
Jen- I hear you about liking weights more lately. I have too. I did ME yesterday and forgot how much I love that wo.
Allison- Great to hear about Giadas new cookbook. . I will get it. We made her chicken carbonara last night and it was delicious, but not too healthy.
Have been busy, kids sick is the worst . Jimmy is now on antibiotics for low grade pneumonia and a sinus infection. Thankfully they are working well and he is starting to improve. We are giving him the cars back today. I am excited to give them back. He learned his lesson. I hate the hard part of parenting. I prefer the snuggles. On the plus side, he is so well behaved and i thik it is because we lay down the law.
So, drumroll please. (Note, the following statement will probably never happen again, but oh well)....
We put the kids down at 9:30 last night and they both slept till 8 this morning. Holy crap! I woke up and had to go see if they were alive. I was terrified! It is a sign that their little bodies are healing I think. I feel human again. We went on a family fun for about 8 miles and I am waiting for hubby to finish cutting his and Jimmy's hair so that I can get an insanity in. I have not been doing them since I got sick and I miss them a bit. I like how it defines my shoulders from all the plank work and push ups.
Miss all you ladies!
Hi priscilla and bunkenek!

I'm going to have to go back and take notes on your week since I missed it all. LOL

I have a long run, 8 miles scheduled for tomorrow,...so I did an easy 4 miles today + some ab work. I was going to do some upper body work but Myranda demanded that I feed her & DH was pacing back and forths eager to leave for his fishing trip. lol Maybe I can run outside tomorrow? We'll see.

Tonight will be my first night all alone with the girls (and 2 youngest boys). I'm a little nervous. :eek:

Anyone do kettleball work? Kmart has a kettleball that can be changed into different sized weights. I think it's similiar to Allison & Christines barbells? I'd hate to invest much on strength training stuff. I just purchased a new band b/c mine started sticking to itself. I'm not sure what I did?

Visit with family went really well. My Dad thought he was hallucinating when he saw me (his meds have been causing this)...then when he held both of the girls he just kept looking back from one to the other. I have it on video. It's priceless. He looked very thin & weak.....but better than I thought he would. I spent alot of time with him one on one. It didn't really feel like "good bye"...even though he's weak, he seems stronger. I don't know how to explain it...except that he didn't "seem end-life".

My mom started shaking & crying when she saw us. She said, "I can't believe this, I must be dreaming". It was soooo cool. :D Then I invited my grandparents over, they didn't believe me that I was there! They even had to call the house themselves to make sure I answered. LOL They were on cloud 9!! I also suprised my brothers & their girlfriends.

The drive itself really wasn't that bad, it took us 14 hours to get there and I believe 13.5 hours to get home. DH did ALL the driving.

My mom took me & the girls to an outlet mall & I got a bunch of stuff at Eddie Bauer & Bass store. I also got Under Armour running pants for training outdoors. Of course I had to stop at OshKosh....got the girls & little boys matching outfits. That was a blast.

Christine, thanks for the kind words about our pictures. I forgot to put make up on & my hair looked pretty bad too. lol I don't know why I didn't try to freshen up prior to pics. Then silly us didn't get the boys in any of the pics? It really fast & was overwhelming. I guess our main focus was visiting with my Dad & introducing the girls to the family...and we did that.

Alrighty, better get to cleaning. :)

Yay Mel! So glad you are back! We missed you! You brought tears to my eyes when you talked about the way your family reacted. That is fantastic! Congrats on the weight goal too!

Christine- That is fabulous that the family got some sleep! Did you ever deserve it or what??! James has been sleeping about 8 hrs at night...don't know where that is coming from?? But I'll take it!

Susan- Kara looks priceless in those sunglasses! I can just picture her "talking" and smiling with them on!

Well I did my good ol B&G and Jackie's abs. I ordered a bunch of w/o DVDs from Blockbuster to try out. Some strength, some cardio. Just looking for some variety. I haven't felt much like running lately but I need some form of cardio. Guess I will lean more towards circuit work then...

Off to hang with family....Have a great night!

Hi ladies
sorry I have been mia....been on the go/cleaning/playing today.
Melanie-your story of your trip is heartwarming! Im so glad you were able to go. Your mom looks so young!! How old is she?

Jen-good job on your workout! And yayy for James sleeping. K is still getting up once or twice with the occasional all night sleep. Its 8:30 and I just put her down..we'll see.

Christine-yayy for the sleep!!! I hope its not a tease like i get from Kara! But hey..Im happy with the occasional 8 hours. No soup today but I plan on 2 batches tomorrow...Broccoli for sure..and them maybe Cream of Carrot that I found on the Dr Oz website.

Hey Allison! I am making your butternut squash stew this week! Have fun at dinner club...sounds fun!

Haley got up with the birds this morning so Im gonna get her in bed then give my hubby some lovin..;)

Melanie-the pic of you and the girls on Facebook I just love..the one that is sorta faded around the edges..dh was in here and said...awww thats a great pic..shes pretty (meaning you)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.