Horizontal Conditioning

I bought 3 of the 101's using the code. I bought Jan, Feb and Mar. The sound quality is poor. The dvd's are echoey, you can barely hear the music and you know what? I still love them! The workouts come in at 30 minutes and are still tough. I find them more manageable than her volumes sold thru mary. I have Volumes 1, 3 and Bootcamp. The 101's are more manageable in terms of time and level but are still brutal for me. I am really enjoying these.

I agree with many other posts. I ordered Vol 1, Bootcamp and Sandra's book. Workouts are tough, Dvd quality not in the same league as Cathe, but they are really good for the core and upper body. They will help me achieve my goal. I am using them twice a week with Cathe the rest.

YES! Exactly, that's how I feel when I'm doing HC regularly! I just feel and looked so much more "pulled in" doing these! I just did July Hardcore on Tuesday and was just amazed at how creative Sandra is with her moves. I've done so many of these (I have all volumes1-4, bootcamp, and year 1 Hardcores and 101's), and yet she still managed to have some new moves in July that I hadn't seen yet. LOVE it!

ETA: I do want to remind folks that the production values in the hardcores and 101's are not great when compared to Cathe's polished style. They are DVD-R's and in the Hardcores she is basically taping one of her classes. The workouts are so tough and good though, that you won't notice as soon as you start sweating bullets! :p

Hi,
The discount code was for the first week in March only, but I'd like to get a few more of her Hard Core club DVD's. I purchased the July one on a recommendation but would love to know which of them you think the most challenging and effective.
Can you tell me that? Or anyone else who has done them and have favorites? Thanks.

Hi,
The discount code was for the first week in March only, but I'd like to get a few more of her Hard Core club DVD's. I purchased the July one on a recommendation but would love to know which of them you think the most challenging and effective.
Can you tell me that? Or anyone else who has done them and have favorites? Thanks.

Hi loneswaneast! You definitely picked a good one with July Hardcore! She has this one move in that one where right after she says "feel that in the intercostals?" and oh boy I had DOMS all up my rib cage the next day from that! It's fantastic!

If you're looking at the hardcores, I'd say January, February and October have some awesome, effective moves in them. August Hardcore is another one that had me DOMS'ing big time the next day. That is similar to Bootcamp where she alternates between plyometric work and horizontal moves on the ball. HTH! :D

You ladies are amazing! I'm just working with Getting Started since I have no abs to speak of. It will take me some time to feel ready to move on. But that's ok. I'm just doing the first one through two times per session. Room to grow for sure!

For those of you with a body bar....how many of her workouts call for it? I'm also perfectly happy to justify any fitness purchase....:D.

I'm another fan of Horizontal Conditioning. Of the 2011 Hardcores, I love July and October the most--lots of walking planks with feet on discs!

Last edited:
Well shoot-I wish I would have known about the 101 series, I would have preferred to have the shorter workouts. Oh well. I need to get started on the DVDs I have!

You ladies are amazing! I'm just working with Getting Started since I have no abs to speak of. It will take me some time to feel ready to move on. But that's ok. I'm just doing the first one through two times per session. Room to grow for sure!

For those of you with a body bar....how many of her workouts call for it? I'm also perfectly happy to justify any fitness purchase....:D.

I ordered Getting Started, vols 1-4 and Bootcamp, and I'm still working my way though Getting Started, too! I am, however, an optimist and I know I'll get there, and so will you!

Getting started

I ordered Getting Started, vols 1-4 and Bootcamp, and I'm still working my way though Getting Started, too! I am, however, an optimist and I know I'll get there, and so will you!

Hi Trixoo,

I have added "Getting stronger" (From Getting started) a while ago and I am, too being optimistic in building up from the start! I am inclined to go straight to volume 1-4 after mastering getting strong.

Well thanks to this thread for enabling us all :p

All the very best everyone ;-)

Thanks so much

Hi loneswaneast! You definitely picked a good one with July Hardcore! She has this one move in that one where right after she says "feel that in the intercostals?" and oh boy I had DOMS all up my rib cage the next day from that! It's fantastic!

If you're looking at the hardcores, I'd say January, February and October have some awesome, effective moves in them. August Hardcore is another one that had me DOMS'ing big time the next day. That is similar to Bootcamp where she alternates between plyometric work and horizontal moves on the ball. HTH! :D

That's great, thank you. I've made the list and will order them right now. I love her workouts, I'm about to do Bootcamp after this.

My dvds arrived last night! Not bad, I ordered them Sunday and got them Wed and I live in Hawaii.

This morning I did vol. 2 - I decided not to do vol. 1 because I don't have the weighted bar. Anyone out there who has done vol 1 and doesn't have the bar? What do you do instead? How heavy is the weighted bar? My barbell bar is 14 lbs.

Okay - so what I felt most after this workout (I only finished it ~ 4 hours ago) are my shoulders - though tomorrow that probably will have changed. I can see how there is a lot of room to grow with these workouts - I got through this one without too many modifications - I'll tell you what I thought was really hard was that move where you have your hands/elbows on the step, one foot behind you and the other out to the side (and later bent and raised off the ground! Yowie!) and using a db. This one is one for me to work on!

She is one fit/strong woman. You are right, she doesn't have the polish of Cathe, (her cueing and counting aren't nearly as good) but I am not going to let that get to me. Her workouts are really going to help me meet some of my goals so thank-you for this thread!!!

I only got Volume 1 and was bummed about the fact her body bar is only 9 lbs. I think. Mine is 18. So I substituted a 7-8 lb weight for the exercises in a plank position. For the exercise you sit on the step and put the weight over your feet and lift - I did 5 lb. only and couldnt do them all.

I want to order more dvds, but don't dare add to my collection right now:confused:

Results or "results"

....either way I don't care! I am the first to say I have no abs. And I knew that when I ordered these workouts I'd have to take it very easy.

So I've restricted myself to the Getting Started and I've been doing the first work out 2 times through a couple days a week....

I don't know if I'm getting actual results or if I'm just losing my reluctance to try but I am able to do much more of Cathe's core work than before.

I was doing....oh....I think Total Body Trisets upper body and there is a plank move that simultaneously involves a leg up plus a rear delt fly.....madness...and I did it! There was much prayer and wobbling but I did it.

So to anyone reading who might be on the fence I say go for it. To be sure...all the comments about production value are correct but to me....doesn't have to be pretty as long as it gets the work done!

I am loving the HC! I've done vol 1-4 do far & boot camp is gonna be Wednesday:)

Is there any runners that have done this rotation? Because I think this is excellent to improve your running. I am planning to do 2more weeks of HC then go back to Xtrain/STS.

CTY VI TINH NGUYÊN KIM CHI?NH NHÂN CHUYÊN CUNG CÂ?P LAPTOP, PC, MONITOR , MA?Y IN ,SCAN ,COPY ,SEVER ,UPS CHI?NH HA~NG GIA? TÔ?T LIÊN HÊ?:Tel: 08.39203921 EXT:101GA?P MS.DUNG Fax: 08.39201819 HOTLINE:0938808173-01246577834.

I only got Volume 1 and was bummed about the fact her body bar is only 9 lbs. I think. Mine is 18. So I substituted a 7-8 lb weight for the exercises in a plank position. For the exercise you sit on the step and put the weight over your feet and lift - I did 5 lb. only and couldnt do them all.

I want to order more dvds, but don't dare add to my collection right now:confused:

Thanks cosmomom! I will give vol. 1 a try and use db. Yea, 18 lb instead of 8 lb for these workouts just won't cut it! Now if it were the other way around that would not be a problem!

I completely understand not needing to add to the dvd collection. I have so many great workouts the only problem I have is trying to fit them all in! Not a bad problem to have.

So glad to hear that this has helped with running. I just bought volumes 1 and 3 and am slowly working them into my rotations. Looking forward to what it can do for my running, too. :)

Regina

Just thought I would post an update regarding the rotation I posted on page 3. I've followed the rotation as I listed it and completed 5 out of 6 weeks. The volumes are getting easier and I don't get nauseous after boot camp anymore,Lol. Bootcamp is still really challenging!,

I haven't lost any weight but I admit my diet hasn't been all that great. I am seeing more definition in my abs and my thighs are slimming down. I do find that I'm quite tired all the time. I think I will take a rest week after the 6 week rotation and then go on to something else but I'm going to try and continue to I corporate horizontal conditioning in once or twice a week. Do you think once a week would be enough to keep making gains??

A couple of little vents about the workouts, Sandra does not cue in mirror image and I get confused when my head is down and just listening and then I look up and she's doing the opposite side to what am doing. Also she always says "just a couple more reps " and then does 4 reps, isn't the very definition of a couple,two? Just kind of irritating probably because I get excited only two more.

Awesome cab0899! I know when I really got into HC, I found it was easier on my shoulders if I kept doing them at twice a week. I was able to maintain my core strength and gains this way. I know I could increase my results at 3 times a week (I was doing them 3 times a week for awhile), but it was tough on my shoulders doing it that much. Taking a rest week is a REALLY good idea to prevent over training! :) I try to take a back off week every 6 weeks and often I'll forget and wind up going 7-8 weeks before I do it and then I can definitely feel the effects of overtraining...not just with HC but with all my Cathe workouts I tend to really go intense most days of the week.

ITA on the mirror cuing...and it's not just Sandra. SO many instructors don't mirror cue! :( Bob Harper and even the wonderful Travis Eliot doesn't mirror cue and it is SO frustrating! I especially don't understand why Travis doesn't do it since he obviously went through a lot of effort to produce a highly polished dvd set. When I do workouts like that, I just try really hard to be consistent with myself as I do it. I either automatically think in my head as they say "right" I do "left" and think of right as left ;) ...or if it's a workout where I can't see the tv a lot I just listen to the cues verbally and keep in mind when I do look up that they will be on the opposite side. I definitely get mixed up sometimes, though. :rolleyes:

Just finished Vol 2 today for the first time. Great workout. In order of difficulty for me so far easiest to hardest. Getting Started, Getting Stronger, Vol 2, Vol 1, Get Rolling (Sandra has this one listed as Intermediate/Advanced but it's way harder than Vol 1 and Vol 2 IMHO), Vol 3. I have not done Vol 4 or Bootcamp yet.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.